Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PvP flagging XP boost is messing up PvE healing

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Scanphor, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I generally favor PvE over PvP, but there is no way they are going to allow PvE to heal PvP (as it should be). It just doesn't work. Then you have people who can't be attacked affecting the battles of PvPers. You stay unflagged and keep healing the guys who are flagged while they PvP, that's just not right. Your group either needs to be all PvP, all PvE, or accepting that some cannot be healed by others (and I do agree the spell should go off, just not affect the PvPers).

The reality is SotA is one of the most nicest games I've seen on the subject, just by allowing to to flag and unflag as many times as you like. That's as far as it should go.

uhop and Numa like this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just to add to what @Oninoshiko said- there is also no such thing as a pure PvE or PvP encounter in SotA since mobs can join in in either case. The only thing keeping the two separate is tbe integrity of the PvP flag. Mess around with it and we'll have exploits galore - with unintended consequences for both PvP and PvE.

What you really want is an EXP bonus for going multiplayer. Trying to turn the PvP bonus into this is a very bad idea.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    FrostII, Vaiden Luro and MrBlight like this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yup. i like how it was put. its basically a bandaid to hold over the lack of love pvp has gotten thus far heh.

Numa likes this.
  4. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Nicely put. A bandaid that's killed my preferred playstyle :( I've been missing out on the best PvE content because I refuse to PvP flag

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Just flag PVP it's really not that scary even when a 20x gm comes and clobbers you because they are collecting named bones for their houses. It's not like you get a massive exp lost for dying in PVP. PVEr should never be able to heal PVPer period at any point. If the PVPers want the +25% exp bonus then they need to find a healer that will flag with them otherwise they would be exploiting the bonus while killing PVE stuff while not actually risking their party. I'm not going to argue the should the +25% be there that's a different topic.

MrBlight likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't agree to changing that we can heal our pvp flagged friends in a group. We had a player yesterday and today in our group (one player) who would not change out of pvp to go with us. We went to kill the troll, we went to Rise and nope we could not heal or rez this player and other pvp players attacked him. The thing is, this is the penalty for flagging, we should not make it better for them. One day we all flagged to help him, but in this game you should be prepared for that. I could have lost cotos or who know what else since I was so unprepared for this. I'm a terrible nervous pvper at the very least ;). I don't do it very often. Anyway my point is PVE should not dictate PVP. We should have to think about our choices in this game. The devs don't need to make it all cushy and cozy for us. Let us experience starvation if we don't eat and also let us miss out on 'rested bonus' if we don't put our characters to bed before we log off. It sounds harsh I know but I feel this is missing in this game. Let PVP keep their risks. Give us choices and risks and an opportunity to plan for things that happen in our game. If we leave timed quests we will contract 'worry' a debuff. ;)

Crowquills, Andartianna and Numa like this.
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

Agreed. Donning the PvP flag should never be taken lightly. Every time I flag myself for resource gathering I strip down my equipment & inventory to the bare essentials and take all possible precautions going to the gathering location.

This is supposed to be a game where your decisions have consequences and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Crowquills and majoria70 like this.
  8. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

It's so funny to see you guys with wet pants. PvP in SotA is a small option in pvp-zones or open world while only flagged players can pvp. Non pvp-flagged players should NEVER be able to heal pvp flagged as it will be abused for sure.

9. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Honestly the way I saw this situation was:

How does your friend's wanting to PvP (which is their play style and their choice) effect your gaming style in any way? If they want to flag PvP and take on more risk for more reward, they understand that their non PvP flagged friends wont be able to heal them. They know this and yet they choose to do it. I do not understand why your friends choosing to PvP affects your ability to PvE.

Now, I am not going to sell you on PvP and say it is for everyone but I hope you know at least this much: There is no skill/XP decay when you die in PvP. There is no skill/XP gain from killing another outlander. The only inconvenience of PVP is the agony of defeat and a few hundred gold to get your stuff back; and that only if they actually got something useful. PvP is not a big deal. It just adds a bit of tension for a bit of reward. If your group gets killed while flagged then usually everyone will unflag and continue farming the zone with a small few minutes of inconvenience and a few chuckles. And nothing beats the feeling of getting attacked in PvP while you are minding your own business and counter attacking to win. It is the reason why it can be so much fun.

10. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

100%

11. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

If you don't want to flag yourself healing people flagged,my best suggestion is don't run with flagged folks. There is zero chance they will make it where you can heal PVP'ers while you are not flagged. And they shouldn't ,it wouldn't be fair. I PVP'd in Warcraft for years and the first rule was, "Kill the healers".

majoria70 and Numa like this.
  12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Flagging pvp only for taking advantage of PvE bonus is what messing with pvp. It is perfectly fine if one does not wish to take risk in PvP, just simply avoid flagging PvP and don't party up with folks who flag PvP.

If the folks insist on stick together. Someone will either have to flag or unflag PvP. The bonus for being in group is still higher than solo with pvp flag anyway.

Numa and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  13. Curt

Curt Avatar

My opinion: keep track of how much of the damage taken is from PvP and PvE sources and let PvE healers only heal damage caused by PvE sources.

Scanphor and Fister Magee like this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This works for me!

15. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

I like this too

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@TarrNokk Who are you talking to ?

17. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Healing only pve sources sounds also fine.

However, I really dislike the approach of "dont play with PvP players"
    Is that really the message? Is that the philosophy?

Numa and Scanphor like this.
  18. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

This. I've been unable to join any of the (PvE) stuff going on in guild all weekend - losing the will to play tbh

19. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Change Guild

Fister Magee and Numa like this.
  20. Numa

Numa Avatar

For a group of friends I will turn on the PvP flag - because I know we've got each other's back. For a group of strangers, not so much.

So the real question is - is that group you're with really worth turning the PvP flag on for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.