Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Perhaps a bug or a design choice not sure

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

The recipe for 'wood' binding on the milling station takes:
    2 Timbers
    1 Wax
    and produces 4 bindings (though to me a binding is a small thing and should not take 1/2 a timber to create)

The recipe for 'wood' binding on a carpentry table takes:
    1 Timbeer
    3 Wax
    and produces 1 single binding

Beyond the idiotic requirement of 1 timber or 1/2 a timber to create one binding you have issues in consistencies. It boggles the mind that 1 timber makes one binding. A binding is used to make a mug, and y0u are telling me that half a tree harvest makes one mug? WTH?

Bindings should come at 4 or more PER TIMBER probably more like 10 per timber if you want realism. But you do have an issue already.

Kliirkast, Mac2, majoria70 and 4 others like this.
  2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Yeah, there are a few like that and I am not sure if they are going to redo some of the recipes and clean some things up. Be nice if they did.

Kliirkast likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Last time I heard a dev talk about this Starr basically implied we would continue to have some absurd recipes because it was a way to balance resource use.. I am paraphrasing rather heavily though... but that is what I took away from his comments. Basically it's being looked at as a resource sink first. I'm not a fan of that approach. Doesn't mean some recipes won't change though.

iansmellios and Lace like this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Lace - Thank you for reporting. Other than the inconsistent yields of the differing recipes, nothing is "broken" here, so I'll suggest this get moved to feedback.

I should note that they spoke about this sort of thing on the Winter Telethon and they know there are a bunch of crafting recipes that need to be refactored in terms of cost to make and yields, etc.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

@Lace just for fun because I agree with you... for realism can you really carry 50 timbers? There will be passes on balance and consistency, but there will always be a suspension of disbelief for gaming purposes. :)

Nhili Dragon and Lace like this.
  6. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I would rather have discovery back instead of having to buy recipes, higher ones no problem but right now it is a waste of time and money and yes I am a casual player.

Kliirkast and Lace like this.
  7. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

They could implement that for the sake of realism, but then they should also implement, that you have to cut a timber into many pieces which you take home one by one.

Lace likes this.
  8. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I do not play games for realism any more than I watch reality shows. I also prefer fictional books for the most part.

Lace likes this.
  9. Lace

Lace Avatar

I put it in a video so folks can save on mats since next release we will be all "experimentally" resourced deprived as they said in telethon.

10. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

Resource deprived ? I wish I had know that a few weeks ago and that will not make me buy more than I do now from the vendors if thats what they are hoping to see. :mad:

11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Maybe as a solution this would work... As a beginner you tend to make mistakes and ruin a lot of the resource. Maybe the higher your skill gets they could increase your % Chance to make more than 1 binding. This way, you would still have a huge resource sink on the low-end crafter, while adding a bit more 'realism' to the game. Or, you could explain away the issue by saying that trees in New Britannia are very low quality and it takes a lot find usable material...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.