Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Signs for Sale in the Store (Not R36 specific)

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

I have talked about this before in videos and the like, but putting gold ones with wood ones with silver ones stinks. Players will find a style they like and that means material type, and presentation type.

Right now I would love to have 12 or so of a particular material type, and presentation type, but in order to do that I would have to buy 12 X 15$ in the store which is 180 dollars and where 8/9ths of that purchase is useless to me and I would have to unload it for in game gold. (not doing this will use crafted ones instead and still end up with a bunch I don't want).

You already do artisan bags where you pick your tool or crafting stations from the founder rewards. If you picked the sign symbol type (aka agriculture, cooking, trainer etc) from the store, and then got a bag where you could pick the material type (dark wood, silver, gold) and then the presentation type (aka standing, flat wall, hanging signpost) and then lowered the price per sign I feel that you may find more micro-transactions for signs.

Right now you have to buy a lot of crap you do not want to get one sign you do want.

@dallas , @DarkStarr

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

Or put them individually on a crown merchant in game. ;)

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

Thats proabably a way better solution too!

For their coding etc

Only issue is right now its 9 signs for 15 bucks which is what 1.6666666666 cotos per sign
    We may end up paying 2 bucks per sign (aka coto) which seems a bit high

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Vyrin like this.
  4. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Or trade to other players in game/sell them in game gold shop. Takes a bit more work that way coordinating though.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

I asked about this repeatedly during one of the Summer telethons. (I think it was a Summer one). Starr responded toward the end of the stream and basically said they couldn't split up the signs in the add on store. I think it was something about how the add on store is setup. I walked away confused but assumed that it was more about not being able to spend time figuring out how to do this in that format.

I had suggested being able to choose sign type and material...the same way you select color options when shopping for clothes online.

This was before the crown merchant idea. I don't mind that so much. Would be nice to have a signs merchant in game.

I just wish they had made these signs so you only had to buy the blank ones. Then you could combine the blank sign with the symbol on a crafting table and get the one you want..... It might've made things easier in trying to list them on the store.

The bundling of things is frustrating. Same thing with wreaths.... I don't want to pay more for 3 sizes. I want to buy a bunch at the same size.

Lace likes this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I would still be ok with paying a sign for 2 COTO (let's say even if it costs 2 x 3.5k GP). Since I won't be getting the sign every other day, so I'm willing to spend a few hours farming for that sign and not having to worry about it from there.

LoneStranger and x_Selene_x like this.
  7. Selene

Selene Avatar

If you buy CotOs in bulk...it isn't quite so bad. But then again, I'd only be using 2 signs.. so 80 cents for the convenience of not trying to resell the rest would be worth it to me. :)

Lace and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  8. Lace

Lace Avatar

Issue is to get lets say 9 of same sign you have to spend 45 bucks for the 9 and then the other 18 is .. hav to sell for in game gold likely.

Maybe now that they add more to the in game coto vendors they can do something to alleveiate this sign bloat ( or lack of sales) created from add on store and sell what folks want.

9. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

...in addition;

What do you guys think about having a set of smaller signs? The scale for the hanging sign is *just* a tad too big to attach to the front of a row house. (sticks over the green line by like ten pixels)

Aimend likes this.
  10. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Agreed 1000%!

11. Lace

Lace Avatar

The issue for me on row houses is you only get to place 5 items total and that is a vendor too. The complaint of too large I have not heard but power to ya brother!..

For me as a row house owner I would say stop hamstringing me with 5 items only.

Ravalox likes this.
  12. Crumpets

Crumpets Avatar

I agree with Ravalox - the too large sign problem may depend on which row house you have. I have the ornate greenhouse and there is only one exterior sign I can use (the hanging sign) that will fit anywhere on the front and it blocks a window and hangs too close to the ground to look natural. I would really like smaller signs since I use this for a shop.

Ravalox likes this.
  13. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Yes please. Would like to get a dozen gold or silver for POT decos/directions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.