Death Ravenswood - Shroud of the Avatar PVP Video

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Jobe, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobe

Jobe Avatar

Yeah its crazy @Barugon! I finally broke down and got a GM in ranged combat ;D so I got my one to showoff! lol

Numa and Barugon like this.
  2. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

This was fantastic. Thank you for the great video and clear commentary.

Jobe and Cypher Black like this.
  3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Absolutely agree. If it was just the video with some guy running around killing peeps, meh.

The commentary and the way you explain what is happening really bring injects life into SoTA. I really think that the video should be strongly suggested viewing for the dev team @Berek. Perhaps this could even be a video that promotes SoTA.

It is very well done.

Cypher Black

Numa, Jobe and Berek like this.
  4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We'll post it on social today as well for others to watch!

Numa, Keziah, Jobe and 2 others like this.
  5. Jobe

Jobe Avatar

6. Jobe

Jobe Avatar

Awesome @Berek thank you! :D

7. Keziah

Keziah Avatar

I've been watching development of SotA since 2014 and have been reluctant to pledge ever since. This video, along with the newly added pvp incentives, were the main factors when finally deciding to pledge and begin my journey @Jobe Awesome video, we've talked briefly through YouTube comments and I look forward to meeting you in game sometime. Cheers!

8. Jobe

Jobe Avatar

Thanks @Keziah glad to have you on board!

Keziah likes this.
  9. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

10. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

I enjoyed this very much.

Here you have evidence that a skilled player without many, or any, gms can compete with others who do have them.

Numa likes this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Nooo.
    You read other forums and its completly based on gms and powrr grinding! Lies!!!

Im almost ready to pvp full time..
    Then im coming for you Jobe.

12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Nice video

13. addrox

addrox Avatar

As much as i liked this video ... why is it pinned? Is this THEY ONLY pvp that ever happenes in SOTA? (I know its not) Just saying ... maybe we shoukd have an area of all pvp vids good or bad.

Love the game ... waiting on pvp love ... something more than just 2016 ... uuuuugghhhh

AnaAllure and Dhanas like this.
  14. Necrothaftis

Necrothaftis Avatar

great great vid

15. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

Not sure why it's pinned, but I'm glad that it is. It's a great video and I've never seen it before so it must have been pinned recently.

I'm not going to lie, I felt a lot of heart break watching it though.
    This isn't the PvP we have anymore. That many flagged-players in one zone? and most of which were farming.... that's amazing.
    He speaks of the element of surprise like it is a valid tactic... which I agree with. But I can't count the times I've been shamed for the same, and more recently than not. Literally been compared to a r*pist in game, for attacking someone, who was willingly in a PvP zone.

He talks about how PvP was becoming more active. What changed? Where did it all fall apart? Why were people so happily flagged and farming and fighting then? But now, PvP is a dirty word. Now the mention of PvP getting any appealing features causes an uproar of strict-pve-only players to protest as if they will get blood all over their protected white pixels, even though they don't have to participate. Or as if they would get less, if Risk/Reward actually including the latter, if the players willing to risk it got anything. Did lack of Dev support drive the idea of PvP away from "normal" or valid and into people assuming it's some vile underground?
    Like how the heck do we get what's in this video back?

Also can the vendor in Obsidian Trails be fixed, ever? Ever? Ever?

16. oplek

oplek Avatar

I've never understood the "it's just pixels" perspective.

It's like having lost $50 and being mocked with "it's just pieces of paper". Yes, pieces of paper I spent hours of my life - that I can never get back - to obtain. Those hours established value in those "pixels"/paper... value that can be exchanged, or used to further my agenda.

If I play that $50 in a lottery, and lose, that's on me. That was my own personal choice. If I'm mugged and lose the $50, I'll arrive at the same end-point (being out $50), but the scenarios are not equivalent. I'm fine with adding risk-vs-reward to PVE as well (as it's not a PVP-only concept). Loss isn't my issue. It's who makes that decision. Hint: I will make sure it's always me.

Games like PUBG don't require gamers to grind for hours and days and then take that away. Games like SOTA are grindy. That makes people a lot more reluctant to engage.

If I'm going to lose hours of my life, it at least had better be fun. I don't find being robbed by a gang of bandits, where I had no chance to fend them off, fun.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  17. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

The point was that you WON’T get blood on your pixels. Keep your oracle protection. You didn’t quote the full statement which was directly followed by “even though you don’t have to participate”
    So again you proved the point... you don’t have to include yourself, but seem to think if the people who want to get any reward, enjoyment or incentive for being a daring adventurer that it will affect you. Just continue as you were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.