PvP Players have a different Mindset

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Myrcello, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Did you report the players? I hope you did, this sort of behavior you're describing is quite juvenile... I think the PK thing is what it is and being able to control scenes is sort of a neat thing for PVP flagged folks to fight about - but the texting messages harassment is uncalled for.

Numa and iansmellios like this.
  2. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

That is not a PVP players mind set, that is an EXPLOITER Adventurer.

I think you are being very biased and making pvpers as BAD as a whole

3devious and iansmellios like this.
  3. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

At no time did anyone I know or heard of or even care to kick anyone out of the pass, this is a lie imo, unless it is directed to the Evl guild which is the only group I don't know in Vertas Pass! Or to the Lone PvPer that seems to be able to exploit the map there without punishment! This post makes no sense within the groups I run with in Vertas Pass!

4. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Gold, my post had meaning. It pointed out that pvpers are not all exploiters.

I don't know who exploited what and i do not care, At all.

iansmellios likes this.
  5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

2 things -
    1 Report the players so the devs have to actually take action. Everyone here has such a bad habit of refusing to name names. Out with it!
    2 - This is a bug that is being fixed with the coming release. These are simply exploiters, who have literally abused the game to completion. Unfortunatly, pvp is generally the end game, so they also happen to be the same players that are known for Pking. This is that 10-15 (or lets say 5% ) of the PVP community that everyone likes to think represents the average players who like pvp.
    Report them, make a real fuss about it, and maybe the devs will start stripping characters for obvious exploitation.
    Also hate to break it to you, but these are the same people who had exploits before to GM everything and pull in 5mil to everyones 100k. The PVP 25% didnt start exploiting, its just another implemented system people are abusing.

People need to start demanding consequences for this obvious Bs.

Myrcello, iansmellios and valor like this.
  6. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Agreed with everything you said. One thing though, dont name exploiters or hackers in the forums. Devs will warn you because they dont want any witch hunts

Myrcello likes this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

hahahaha fine.
    Then start naming names to Devs and demanding action
    theres no more future wipes, meaning obvious exploiting should be treated like cheating.
    Its common sense to know when your finding a bug and abusing it. Some real player punishment might cost them a playere here n there, but would probably prove to a larger audience they care about long term balance. You know the zone, check your logs. See who did what there, theres obvious cheating. Warn the players in game with a private message when they login. Check logs in 3 -5 days. Same players? Strip them of all EXP gatherd in 3 days as warning 2. (Make a statement of this being an obvious abuse, instead of hiding it. Post the warnings) Then fix the issue.
    Im fine with a whole day of development being shut down to absolutly cork out obvious exploiters.

Myrcello likes this.
  8. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

I feel ya, Ive reported a few people for exploits and such, but I dont follow their in game progress after that point, so I have no idea what has happened.

Numa, Myrcello and iansmellios like this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

In my experience most people who want to play max effective and optimize everything couldn't stand if they have the possibilities to exploit, dupe gold and things like that.

Eco and Balance are already ruined i guess, but time will tell.

Doesn't stress me anymore.
    Just playing aside any competetive and or maxing philosophy.

Myrcello likes this.
  10. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Unless it happen to someone else too. This was monday i beleive. I was the other guy getting my ass kicked by the accusers. We were 5 in the scene 3 of us were flag. The problem here is that innocent ppl got reported by soneone who taught the other guy " look" guilty. I have a screenshot of the conversation. I understand its an exploit in that scene. But ppl cant go on accusing and reporting base on " look".

11. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Isn't it Ironic, don't you think?
    It's like rain on your wedding day
    It's a free ride when you've already paid
    It's the good advice that you just didn't take
    Who would've thought... it figures

PVP LIFE FOREVER!

3devious and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hmm come back to the thread and all my reples have been skillfully removed along with anyone who replied to me but no notice in my inbox ?

If you don't want me to repeat the political incorrectedness, I'd appreciate to know what was wrong with what I said about PvP balance being art and comparing it to people who learned to appreciate painting techniques ?

Would be nice to have true stats under our name :
    Ahu
    2500 something messages
    1500 deleted messages
    35 notices given

Ahu is top forum PvP player !!!

Meh.

Aight I'll take a break from the forums, see ya all in a while.

13. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Hey dude, if you are good in pvp I will gladly mentor under you

14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Hehe sure, I have a different mindset tho :)

Whats your name in game ?

15. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Valor Bastagio

3devious likes this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

About mindset...

If a Roleplaygame is only about competition and fighting each other, it's a bad RPG.

PvP is fine and maybe neccessary but i feel we get to a point where we just have 2 opposing factions.

The World Portalarium has crafted is much, much more than a competetive playground!

If people just going for optimization and maxinum effectiveness, nevertheless if pvp or pve or both and if powergaming or not it's a waste for me.

That's why i am a roleplayer, because i'm playing, immersing, interacting, socializing and if a little fair and challenging and fun of course i compete with others, not for winning, not for having something or feeling proud of, but for fun.
    Fighting a good friend who is eqally strong is never the same competition as with strangers nevertheless if stronger or weaker, because there's no doubt it's a friends match!

I wish devs will implement more Features for Gaming beyond the competition between players although i dont want there's no pvp in the end.

But i guess what a lot of people want, beside the actual pvp discussions is playing, cooperating, immersing, enjoy a good Story, write their own Story, be a part of the World.
    That's RPG and most non roleplayers either roleplay in this or that way.
    I dont want everyone to roleplay while just sitting in a Safe Spot, this is not my (role-) playstyle, but to not break down everything the whole playing experience to effectiveness, optimization, max skills, become ultra rich etc... And compete with others by points and pixels. Nevertheless if pvp or pve!

17. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

To the best of my knowledge, none of the EVL guild runs in the pass have been PVP. At one time it was discussed in TS and it was shot down because folks thought it would be counter productive trying to get XP and trying to hold a control point against mobs and getting attacked by players. I will inquire of the regular attendees later today when they were on to be certain, but I can say with 98% certainty it was not our folks.

Jade likes this.
  18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well same happened to me and got 48h suspension for pointing out you should not call people names. Apparently using inappropriate words got me banned.. but reading the text and understanding is way too much for them I conclude ;)

Mods here ban on words used, they clearly have a PC agenda and want this to be a hugbox. That's why these forums have been utterly useless in providing or forging a larger community outside of the game... I mean they finally realized PVP is not happening just because we can, maybe next step is realizing banning words and to silence complain and discussion instead of moderating it needs to stop.

I guess its safe to say the Medieval Sims route has been left, and we move towards player driven sandbox again. Let's continue fixing this and maybe the players will come back. The amount of ppl playing right now is in no way enough to float the boat anyway. So suggesting to stop develop content for ALL kinds of gameplay is utterly re...... ;)

19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

This is a alsmost classic missunderstanding.
    It's not about what Berek could read into it.
    It's about what the weakest link in the chain of forum users could read into it ^^

3devious and Vallo Frostbane like this.
  20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The problem we got right now is that the PVP is not explained in the lore really and we don't really have a ruleset (order vs chaos or rebels vs empire vs star trek). Also guilds are completely out of the equation. I like RP, but there needs to be more to it gameplay wise to drag me in. Just see it as the other way around.. get a RPer to PVP.
    If we can manage to find a common ground AGAIN, it will be successful. Hence we need to embrace what both sides need for their gameplay and compromise.

PVPer needs someone to lose and gain sth for it that has value ingame and progresses him.
    RPer needs to be rewarded for staying in character, play his role and he needs to be able to connect everything with lore.

One problem we have right now is the same UO had for a long time. We are not rewarding the guys that are PVP flagged and are helping others. Pkers get the gold and items... playing as a PK Killer gets you the same, but it should be more. I assume the system will be altered once we get some kind of Order vs Chaos or Courage vs Truth vs Love thing going. But I would greatly appreciate is they would make a bad alignment suffer more from a loss to balance things out, and avoid the Dayz Effect where everyone is an enemy.

Audacity, Numa, Ristra and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.