Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Attacks not displaying information in chat window

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by zyxe, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

1. Title: Attacks not displaying information in chat window
    2. Reproduction Rate: Uncertain, but often and with various attacks
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: When attacking an enemy with a melee attack (I do not have ranged attacks), even when the enemy appears to be in range (neither of us have moved for a while during combat); sometimes when the attack appears to miss, there is no "Playername attacks enemy and missed!" notification.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:When in close proximity to melee target, try attacking and sometimes you will not see any information regarding your attempted attack failing in the chat window
    6. User Specs: Specs are in signature.
    Edit: I'm in Owl's Nest Mine. I'm noticing it happening VERY frequently with stone fist and quadruple slash.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I will submit this for review. Thanks so much, @zyxe :D

zyxe likes this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Not seeing this occur. Attacks seem to be representing correctly when testing internally.

4. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

This is my first video attempt, I could only get 30 seconds but you should see Stone Fist not giving messages or indications of failures in chat even when I'm in range (I waited for the wolf to hit me to ensure I'm close). I could only do 30 seconds with free Fraps but can try recording with Shadow play if more is needed.

Let me know if that works (or doesn't) :)

Thanks for looking into this!

Edit:

I uploaded a new video that's a bit longer to further illustrate what's going on. It shows Quadruple Slash (sorry if I previously called it Whirling Blades) and Stone Fist missing almost all the time without showing corresponding chat. I've also moused over my chat settings in case it helps. I also show other attacks hitting and missing and displaying chat properly.

This hasn't happened as much with bandits as it has with the wolves in Owl's Nest Mine, I'll do a bit more testing today outside of my normal zones to see if there's any other trend.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  5. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

It looks like Stone Fist and Quadruple Slash aren't dealing damage period. I've submitted this bug. Thank you for reporting!

6. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

They do deal hit/deal damage sporadically. I tested last night with wolves and wolf spiders and the two attacks hit sporadically, but when they missed, there was no information. I also tested with bandits and I don't recall the attacks missing so I could not verify that the "attack has missed" dialogue was broken. Maybe it's only a problem when the attacks miss, and wolves and wolf spiders avoid the attack much more effectively?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.