1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 37 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

TY for the performance updates!

Merry xmas!

2. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

You don't really need "millions" more along the lines of 10K per craft. Clearing out a 1-skull zone should net you about 1K per hour, so that translates to roughly 10 hours of gameplay to unlock all the recipes for a craft. Easily done in a week's time, max.

However- if you really want to know a "secret":

Head into a control point (such as Vertas Pass) that is currently being held by a group, and simply run around and loot all the chests until you fill up. Go and sell loot. Repeat until you have enough gold to purchase the recipes you want.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

While the spoiler is kinda lame way to do it, your original point is right on track. Also why would you buy EVERY recipie all at once ? whats the rush? lol.
    Good solid release.

Very not happy about the delay in renting / a way to label or tell lot deeds apart in menu. *( second is an easy fix that would save a LOT of grief)*

Glad the SPO/FOM gets to get abused another month and a half (lets me finish GM'ing everything) (touch of sarcasm)

Very happy about performance updates.
    Looking forward to the Sieges!

Can live with the % reduction, 10 and 10, nice middle ground that i think the majority will be happy with.

Numa likes this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Plus craftable catapults - it's going to be mayhem in the PvP towns one day.

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

What 1-skull zone do you go in to get one million gp an hour? :-o

6. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

lol sorry that was a typo... 1K per hour :)

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Will sieges and town scenes ever have more cohesion, so the siege isn't completely missed by those in the town? I'd like to see some of the following:
    • The skybox of the town under siege shows signs of the assault. Smoke trails, glow of fires at night, etc.
    • Guards near the entrance warn citizens not to leave, and call for Outlanders to aid them. (Quest rewards might be appropriate.)
    • Citizens should have modified 'barks', asking for information ("Who are these cabalists?", "What do they want?", "Why won't these cultists leave us alone!")
    • The siege itself should feature guards of the besieged town. Now the Ardoris has a unique guard appearance, it makes sense for them to lead the defense.
    Please make sieges more than just a pass-through, with no impact on the town!

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Those are all part of the long term plans (and hopefully more).

9. Engel

Engel Avatar

POT Water Lot Deeds: After repeated requests from the community, we are releasing a limited number of special Taxed POT restricted deeds that can be used to claim land AND water lots in Village, Town, and City lot sizes. The total numbers made available in the Add On Store will be smaller than other lot deeds because there are much fewer water lots available in POT templates than land lots. Next week, we will start adding new water homes to the game including water variations of existing homes as well as completely new water homes. Here is a partial list of upcoming water homes:

Sad day for me This unique Knight Village Waterfront Lighthouse, reserved for Founders at the Knight tier or higher .

water lot reserved for founders . I'm happy for the new homes but .... Anyway for the future of the game no choice

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Tax Free place anywhere water lots are still a Founder only benefit. These new deeds are restricted to only POTs and are taxed. Your deed is still unique.

11. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

So we are going to have some more houses with roof top access to other buildings.
    Me being a person with access to Ardoris aqua-duct, I can attest that you cannot enter building through porches if the doors are locked. However, people placing publicly accessible containers on the exteriors (like fourth floor balcony) should be wary.

That being said, it might be a good idea to have the capability to eject everyone from lot regardless of whether they are logged in or logged out.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Lasareath likes this.
  12. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

Walking a fine line there @DarkStarr . I agree but that line sure is blurry with you guys sometimes.

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Is it possible to switch out a Grasslands Template for a Floral Meadow POT Template without disrupting the homes already erected?
    Is there or will there be an updated map indicating the newly flattened areas?
    Would it be possible to add a Watermill to this list?
    Will it be possible for a POT to opt out of these? At one point it was suggested that a Moon Tower erected in a POT would confer this protection.
    Secondarily, if this is being experimented with, when might we learn more on your thoughts around the POT Blessing System and what blessing each monument might grant?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Watermill would be excellent, as would a pier and drydock for more business-oriented housing options.

Right now, it sounds like opting out will just be not placing whatever Blessing buildings that attract Cabalists, namely the Titan statues (and possibly other Virtue-oriented locales). However, a Moon Tower should have some benefit, as that was its original stated purpose; perhaps adding more friendly guards and decreasing the amount of time you will be sieged.

15. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

the best balancing act for mine changes would be to LEAVE THEM ALONE.
    do note that nobody mines in a group. that is pointless. its a long term solo thing for many hours to get the ore you need.
    if you change it so that a mine is group based, you will EMPTY OUT all 10 mines. no point in travelling all over the map for one pass at a mine.

Xandra7, Scanphor and Koldar like this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Woooooot??
    Must have missed that!

DancingShade, Numa and majoria70 like this.
  17. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I lost my town just switching from a wooden dock to a stone one in my town, odds are you lose yer stuff :p

18. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Looks like I'll need to go on a tour of the land to see all the new things in R37 - wonderful update! Thank you :)

19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Nevermind; I edited my post. What I have to say is not helpful. Best wishes on this release.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Sir Frank likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's because craftable catapults are not in the release notes. I have no idea where Numa got that idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.