Re-Occuring RP Events (Role-Player's Corner)

Discussion in 'Roleplayer's Corner' started by Larawyn Skjaldmaer, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

Event Sites

Re-Occurring Events

Friday
    • ON HOLD - 6:00 pm CST: <RP> Role-Play Class : Larawyn Skjaldmaer
      Bastion's Point Town Center Classroom
      Each week we will cover a new topic on role-play. Such topics include: IC/OOC boundaries, RP Etiquette, Backstory Development, Shared Storytelling, etc.

Your host is Larawyn Skjaldmaer, please send a friend request to teleport.

Saturday
    • 10:00 am CST: PaxLair Working Hours : Winfield
      PaxLair town and community "working hours" are for anyone interested in PaxLair. We will be in New Britannia doing things as a town when many people can work together. Governor Winfield hosts this working period.

Sunday

• 8:30am – 9:30am : <RP> PaxLair Meeting : Winfield
      Where: PaxLair, Novia (map)
      Come see what PaxLair is up to in Novia and other town areas! This is the Early Sunday weekly meeting at 8:30 AM CT (US). There is also a Late Sunday weekly meeting at 7 PM CT (US). Many people also attend from towns and guilds for a bit of a weekly wrap-up and what's happening. Good discussions!
      TeamSpeak: 43.245.163.15:10099 no password
    • 1st Sunday of a Month : 20:00 / 08:00 p.m. GMT+1 (Winter) or GMT+2 (Summer)
      Should be 01:00 p.m. CST Winter and 12:00 p.m. CST Summer
      (End of Mrach until End of October)
      @ The Tavern of Drachental, Northeast Drachvald Region
      People can contact Miluia vonWaldborn (only germanspeaking!!!), she is the lovely Barmaid, the good Soul of Drachental.
    • ON HOLD - 2:00 pm CST : Role-Player Meet and Greet for All : Larawyn Skjaldmaer
      Please join us for an open role-players meet and greet this Sunday at 2 pm CST. The event is at the Tavern in the center of Bastion Point right near the entrance. Your hosts are: Larawyn Skjaldmaer, Baene Thorrstad and Hollis Nirantae.
      (Bastion Point is the first player run town north of Soltown and easy access for all new players. We thank Bastion Point's leadership team for allowing us to host this community wide event in their town.)
    • 3:30 pm CST : Astronomy Night : Bowen Bloodgood
      For those who wish to know more about our night sky, related lore or just gazing at the stars. Astronomy Night is a one hour 'class' on New Britannia astronomy hosted by Bowen Bloodgood. Held at Caer Dracwych.
    • 7:00 or 8:00 PM CST: PaxLair Meeting : Winfield
      Come see what PaxLair is up to in Valemark and other town areas! /zone Winfield. Many people also attend from towns and guilds for a bit of a weekly wrap-up and what's happening. Good discussions! (Time alternates weekly, check event site.)
    • 8:00 to 9:00 PM CST: Fishing with Winfield : Winfield
      Come sit with Winfield on a log or rock to hear some fish tales or tell your own. Just /zone Winfield to find him. Chat about anything from the moons to the earth worms. Spend a relaxing day in nature near a stream or lake -- bring insect repellent or a sword. (Time alternates weekly, check event site.)
    Wednesday
    • ON HOLD - 6:00 pm CST: <RP> Viking Culture Classes : Larawyn Skjaldmaer
      Ironhall Tavern

Each Wednesday we will be discussing a different aspect of Nordic (Viking) Life as is relevant for RP in SotA. This class will be presented IC with an OOC discussion aftewards and is open to everyone. Please join Larawyn Skjaldmaer in the Port Tavern of Ironhall.
    • 8:00 pm CST: Stryker Sparhawks "Happy Hour" : Stryker Sparhawk
      Otherwise know as "Spend Sparhawk's Gold" - Stryker will open a bar tab at one of the local PaxLair taverns for an hour or so for drinks, stories, news, critique of the arts, dancing, and otherwise unplanned mayhem each Wednesday at 7 pm NBT (Central). Come relax and enjoy the camaraderie of the community and newcomers!
      /zone Stryker Sparhawk to join in!
      Forum Post

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Going to have to nitpick here.. these are all really old. /zone hasn't been viable for quite awhile. Also, not sure I'd classify Winfield/Pax's events as RP or RP related.. could be wrong about that but early ones weren't. Don't know how they're being run now.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that Luka is still doing classes?

3. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Part of doing this is figuring out what is and what is not active. Do we know who is managing the event sites? Do they need a cleanup?

I will remove the /zone comments that I pulled from the sites.

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

For germanspeaking people.

Every 1st Sunday of a month there's a little Tavern Event in Drachental, Drachvald Region.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I don't know who's running SotA Events but it's the event poster in the case of SotA Events and AC that are responsible for their own listings. I believe @WrathPhoenix has Avatar's Circle now. Who is another person you'll definitely want to hook up with.. as Port Phoenix I understand has their own RP going on.

6. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Can you give me the full details, including the time both in server time CST and German time, and who the primary contact is?

7. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

*laughs and makes more notes* Damn good I look nice in high heels behind a desk ... This secretarial job is going to keep me hopping *winks and goes to start a new thread ...

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Lara of Grimmwold

Ooops sorry...

1st Sunday of a Month, 20:00 / 08:00 p.m. GMT+1 (Winter) or GMT+2 (Summer)
    Should be 01:00 p.m. CST Winter
    and 12:00 p.m. CST Summer
    (End of Mrach until End of October)

@ The Tavern of Drachental, Northeast Drachvald Region

People can contact Miluia vonWaldborn (only germanspeaking!!!), she is the lovely Barmaid, the good Soul of Drachental.

9. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

This has been posted HERE, but I suggest you add it to one of the two other sites as it is no my intention to start a THIRD list :)

10. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

I could not confirm the friday RP class. I have friended Luka and will try to get in touch. If not, I'll start up classes.

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I haven't seen Luka around for awhile.. :( but maybe that's just the forum. In either case, I'm available to come in and do a class from time to time on several subjects.

12. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

I want to hold them at Bastion's Point on Friday Nights, that same time of 5 or 6 is good. Looking for short 30 min classes, vignettes for new players basically. If we dont stuff to much into one, we can break them out into the basics to begin with: god moding, power gaming, negative thought emotes, para rp tips, char development, etc.

So let me know what topics you want, and we can work out a schedule.

Halgore Hillsfare and Gaelis like this.
  13. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

@Berek

Would you please move this thread to the Role-Player's Corner and sticky it?

14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Not really sure what Wind Silvermoon has to do with Happy Hour listing, so you could just change it to myself. :)

Luka has not presented her RP class since before Persistence as well.
    The Novian Academy has a local presence in Central Brittany (Search for Novian Academy from a town crier there) - R37 has definitely improved things (lag and stutter and fps), so it holds potential now for acting as a classroom area.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  15. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Done! *smiles* As for why, I copied most of those off one of the calenders, sotaevents I think.

16. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Thank you Stryker. I will then, if there is no objections, plan a course curriculum for 2017. I will likely hold the classes at Bastion Point as it is more accessible for the new player I think.

17. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

You're welcome. Everyone is free to do as they wish, and there will be multiple groups and events all around to lend to the blend of roleplaying population we hope to gather.

18. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

That would be ideal :)

19. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

@Berek would you move this please?

20. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

When you have a chance please ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.