PvP Players have a different Mindset

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Myrcello, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's the reason i am never getting tired of asking for empire building options.
    Even if they are small. Even if we would only fight about real controll (not this CP stuff) of parts of Blood Bay for the beginning instead of just fighting in it.

Numa and Kambrius like this.
  2. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

We are not being welcomed, more of us quit this game everyday.

We are being forced into an environment that discriminates against PvP at every corner.

We are being forced into your secure play-style accumulating masses of resources without concern for loss.

Audacity and blaquerogue like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Learn to deal with fails, c'mon fighters need to do that.
    There will always be things you dont like but need to accept otherwise you will complain.
    And this is a game. Games are for fun, not for complaining. If this is the wrong game, choose another.
    Beside that, nothing forces you.
    Darkfall would maybe the game for you, there's an US Studio who relaunched it.
    Or watch for Gloria Victis, all about PvP.

4. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

So, in other words, you're telling the PvP population to go jump off a bridge? To leave the game and never turn back?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    blaquerogue likes this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No i said learn to deal with it as all players have to deal with something they maybe like less and don't complain.
    I am not against PvP , I love PvP if there's a matter, it's roleplay or even lore related, if things are balanced and I am competitive ready , what takes more time than usual, because I'm not going further very fast and do no grind or exploits etc...
    Don't want to say every PvP'er does so, but a lot of people grind and do a million XP in some hours etc.

I say you are welcome until not griefing and spawncamping
    I say you are not being forced as I not being forced to play in MP to compete about ressources or to flag PvP to compete with others while I have no extra gear, low skills , less gold etc... But I would have Chainlightning :D
    And I say if you complain about players gathers mass of ressources, what i'm also not doing, others could and did complain of powergamers exploiting, PvPers doing PvE only for the bonus to min max etc.
    But this is 1. Not helpful, 2. Not gonna change and 3. Nothing that bothers me, so should bother you.

And if people impend to quit playing... Well then quit... I feel they will never be satisfied.

Maybe because of being the competitive type, who always want to go further,
    be stronger, better, higher, faster...
    I am not!!!

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

,,,,,,,,and how many complaints do we have from non-pvp/pve people about stuff to keep us pvp people pushed to the the curb daily????????? @Stundorn i dont know how long youve been playing this game but Bambino and I have been here since before the chicken room! pvp has been pushed aside around every corner.

Maybe the ones that dont have anything to do with PVP should be checked too. Everything we want, they have to have, but refuse to go into pvp at all costs! They cry and complain its not fair. They need to stop complaining since they dont want anything to do with PVP.

Just for the record most of us PVP have been dealing with it, i think the non pvp folks and people that complain need to suck it up since it doesnt really effect them and they dont want to do it anyhow!!!!
    If your spawn camped or ganked whether pvp or partial pvp or whatever you may call yourself, maybe you should deal with it as well, welcome to pvp! You say as long as theres no griefing etc..... I say thats PVP so deal with it, personally i wont care what type of roleplay people are playing, if your flagged i will attack you if i feel the need! I have my reasons. maybe im roll playing as well!? If you dont like it and want to cry about it dont flag PVP, end of story. you have options as well as us.

Bambino likes this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I am not complaining about PvP or being griefed etc..
    Because I have the option to not to flag!
    And I use it until I feel competitive and ready.

We are different player types, i do not feel griefing, spawncamping (PvP players) or grinding XP (PvE players) or ressources (crafters) is a playstyle what would let me have fun. Simple as that. So I for myself disagree with the majority of players about their playstile.
    Whatever they are PvE, PvP or crafters .

I am a casual casual, casual, ROLEPLAYER and try to be a very, very neutral person!!!

I understand that PvP don't get much love from Devs and i stated elsewhere that bad for people who love and play for PvP first, but
    Actually they didn't push PvP to meaning, they give powergamers and PvPers just a XP bonus.
    What happened more about PvP?

Why if there are a lot of PvPers since a long time they didn't PvP in the PvP scenes before?
    The only meaning that was added to PvP was XP grind while PvE .
    And that is weak and nothing about PvP .

I would love to refer to my posts about that, but to many threads about PvP the last week's where i stated my point of view about it.

And... As I become to know (jumped in August and never read news or smth. before about the game) this games was first of all intended as a single player and PvE game , maybe this is wrong, don't know, and it become more and more MP and about PvP.
    So this is maybe a feature what is on top like other features too.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

if they had just said this game is only PVE, with other players, then it would be different, id have no grounds to stand on. Back in the day i played UO for as long as i can remeber, LB was part of that game so was DS, and a few others. The only reason i personally got this game was because i enjoyed UO so much, Heard the guy was making a new game SoTA, so i was instantly sold. Thats why i am here. The game was not meant to be PVP oriented from the start but they added it, Thats the reason i stayed here for so long. I absolutely Hate PVP in this game, although i do play it sometimes. The reason i hate it so much is the balance issues, and every time we PVP bring up some idea to make it enjoyable to US PVPrs. those that oppose it pretty much shut us down.
    We try to start a thread solely talking about pvp and what would make it better, and the non-ones jump in and grief the hell out of anything we talk about, starting arguments with us about how our game play is wrong and thiers are right! This game tends lean towards PVE, im stating it from my point of view where ive seen it over and over! I think most PVP people would agree. Next thing we know our thread talking about what would make PVP better for us PVP, turns into a battlefield between both sides and gets shut down. PVP people are disrespected constantly in these threads, not only by players but the powers that be in this game. So most of Us PVP rarely respond to threads, because of all the static. Dont feel sorry for us we can handle it, we just let ourselves out the door and leave the others to playing dress up. while we continue to try and make changes to OUR game play in private messages etc..... We are still here just it seems to be a waste of our time to talk about PVP, we already know the outcome.
    98% of Port are non pvp, rollplayers 2% are actual pvprs. It is what it is for now hopefully that will change in the future.

Bambino and Stundorn like this.
  9. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

I completely agree with the OP. I would take a 25% penalty to PvP. PvP players don't give a crap about the 25% bonus (or whatever it is now).

Generally, the only ones who care about the PvP bonus are the PvE players that are bitter that other PvE players flag just to get more XP while they PvE flagged.

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's not entirely true.

While it is true that this is not a game designed specifically for PVP and highly favors PVE achiever type playstyles at the moment. There have been noticeable incremental changes that have rocked that foundation and continue to build towards a more PVP capable environment.

Here are some important examples:
    • Shardfalls can no longer be entered using single player online or friends only mode. If you go there you are forced into multiplayer, no exceptions. PVP POTS and other scenes also work this way.
    • The 25% experience bonus only works if you're flagged for PVP, not if you're simply in multiplayer. (I agree, this doesn't benefit the hunters. It only benefits the sheep that want to min/max. But the result is that slightly more people are engaged in PVP overall).
    • Blood Bay is being developed to become the first NPC town that is completely PVP and multiplayer only.
    The developers didn't do it the way I would've liked them to. There are mechanics in the game that I really don't like still. But step by step we are getting closer. It's just going to take a lot of time before we're in a place where the risks and the rewards balance out for PVP focused players.

Stundorn likes this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I sure hope it gets better! always have my fingers crossed, I would really love to get into PVP more often, just it doesnt seem worth it at this time.

Bambino likes this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

I agree.

I think the first thing they should do is make it so you can't pay the ransom on the body part. It's a trophy that is supposed to go to the winner. You don't let the loser pay to keep the trophy. That's a big deal in my mind and one of the major reasons I'm not flagged.

Audacity, Bambino and blaquerogue like this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I remeber the days of the threads when PvP was not enabled.

It was a regular thing to see threads with "just turn it on we want PvP"

Didn't matter that combat isn't fleshed out and all the other systems like how party instances where incomplete (invisible party members)

Fun times posting on thise threads about how enabling PvP too soon could turn out the way it did.

Bambino and Stundorn like this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

I have a very different take on that, as you can imagine.

I still say that they did the right thing turning on PVP. The thought (from my side) was not that they should turn it on just because it would be fun. The thought was that by turning it on they could integrate their systems as they built them with PVP in mind instead of trying to layer it into a world that wasn't designed for it. I still say they could've done that, and should've done that, but I admit you were right that they didn't do that.

So if I were to go back in time to speak with myself about what would actually happen I would've agreed with you that turning it on then would've made little difference. But I would still say let's do it the right way and integrate it into the game piece by piece by designing PVP first and then letting PVE fall in under that because PVP is the hardest thing to balance and get right.

Ristra, Bambino and blaquerogue like this.
  15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@blaquerogue well explained i would like to have meaningfull, lore conform or RP based PvP in the Future to partake if i am competetive and this doesnt mean i have to grind or smth. like that. So if it takes me 2 years to have 3-5 GM and the majority is up to 300 and it's still nothing about playerskill but math an numbers, I'm out but i want Port gives us all the options we want, so for pvpers their playground and meaning etc..
    I think pvp scenes should be mirrors of the pve Scenes you choose when joining the scene it say pve or pvp.
    Pvp has no Mobs, but ressources are the same and killing a player should give the XP relied to the players level.
    Dying in pvp should costs xp like dying versus Mobs.
    Then everybody can exactly play it's own style wether versus E-Mobs or Players.
    Simple.
    And if this isnt technically possible do 50/50 pve and Pvp Scenes. One day you go versus Mobs and one day you go versus players, for xp, for fun or to gather ressources etc...

And I want to visit a shardfall scene WITHOUT beeing forced to flag Pvp!!!

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I agree. It's a double edged sword though. We needed PvP on to get people in there finding the areas that need to be addressed. But we shed players expecting more from PvP during the process. It's the same thing for PvE and crafting.

Testing isn't for everyone. Well proven.

17. Armar

Armar Avatar

Wrong. PvP is alive and kicking. As long as there are online games there will be PvP.

Audacity likes this.
  18. Armar

Armar Avatar

If they can gain exp in PvP (?), then they must also loose exp in PvP. For me its ok getting exp by grinding as long as not too dull.

19. Armar

Armar Avatar

Really? Which kind of "lor" you need for an petty thief, a street robber or some villains robbing you of your goods and or live?!

20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Instead i said, so now Bonus, but also no loss if dies in pvp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.