1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Forced Connection Exploits

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are aware of several forced connection exploits. Using this exploit will have your access to the game suspended. Repeat violations will result in a permanent ban. A fix for this will be in Release 38.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Is there a fix planned for the massive sync issues, crash issues, and broken ranged (and related things) planned for BEFORE release 38?
    Some people are finding the game basically unplayable atm, since last update.

Leostemplar, Kaisa, Tamsen and 9 others like this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Whats a forced connection exploit?

4. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

i was asking me same......

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Once there's a known bug, it shouldn't be open season on abusing it. 100% agree with this policy. Please hold exploiters accountable.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    nonaware, Leelu, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  6. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

If you want to play multi/with friends, you are forced to connect to the sync issues and can exploit all kind of funny stuff.

Actually, i have no idea what that means either :p

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Could someone go over on what consider to be forced connection and what would be considered consent connection? Y'all are using some kind of jargon that me no understand.

8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I know that if theres 2 of you in a zone, you can power log and the *instance re - declaring a host* or w.e / however it works , will freeze the mobs sometimes up to 15-20 seconds.
    Im wondering if thats part of the exploiting? Im sure you can find a way to abuse it . (i bugged out and power logged, and so did buddy and we noticed it) Killed 5-6 elder wolves who didnt move.
    Or maybe some Players found a way to bug an instance and use it to desync players on purpose. (which means u can essentially kill or rob their ghosts lol )
    Thatd be my guess.

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Are we in danger to abuse while we not know what we doing?
    I didnt get it at all.
    I recognized the Desyncs yesterday first time and my group wiped because of it.

Can i play online and in MP without danger abusing but dont know it?

Matt Harris, Solazur and iansmellios like this.
  10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im willing to bet if you dont know your doing it, your not exploiting it enough to even be warned/suspended.

For them to crack down i assure you its doing something with a broken mechanic to an obvious point of abuse.

11. Guido DeVille

Guido DeVille Avatar

ugh. I wish you'd tell me about these exploits before you ban them. Come on guys, help me out.

12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

First if oyu have to ask what it is you are probably not in danger -

But an explanation as to what a "forced connetion" is, is more than warranted since it might be possible to do it without knowing.

This goes with the Macro issue - you all need to stop tap dancing issues with violators and deal them out ASAP.

What you are doing with all these warning is just giving them another chance - not worth it - you already have their money

D L T D H Y O T A O T W O

13. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

ohhh is that it? I was killing (or thought I was) some stuff last night and suddenly they seemed to not be moving... idk I thought it was just super bad lag spikes.
    I just did my best to kill the stuff and exited the scene hoping that I (you know in some former me future me thing) was dead to lag... again.. shedding xp...

in any event it does me good to hear I'm not the only one.. sometimes I think these things are just being up too late :)

CatherineRose and MrBlight like this.
  14. reuge

reuge Avatar

Well, there is the ahem consensual version where both party have a good time. And the force version, where the law will catch up with u.

JohnnyChimpo likes this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I dont understand how this is an issue. I have been in zones many many times where someone left and locked up the mobs for like 10-30 seconds. I couldn't hit them at all, I end up just sheathing my wep to gain my hp/focus back until they unlock.

Alexander and Net like this.
  16. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Sounds like there is a way to freeze them and still hit them.

17. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah it seems to me all the time that mobs are unkillable or they attack me even when I cannot see them, but it never works the other way round:/

Matt Harris likes this.
  18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Would be nice to get an answer for this. As if the answer is R38... .. lol.

19. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

there is zero reason to tell us the details of these exploits beyond a basic
    and countless reason to not tell us more info. which would lead to demands for more info. then more info until all knew what the exploit was.

just accept there was exploiting going on and move along. there is no reason to get upset or worried about this unless you know youve done something shady.

topics like these should be locked by default imo

20. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Explaining the exploit in detail would result in more players attempting it . It is common in games for the developers to give enough information so that those who know what's being talked about understand they need to stop, but not enough for other players to replicate it.

The same thing happened in SWTOR when an exploit was found with one of the Operations. They simply said they were aware of the issue, it was being fixed in the next patch, and were vague enough that most people didn't know what it was. When the patch came around, so did the suspensions and bannings. (Google SWTOR Ravagers Exploit)

Sator Faryn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.