Player's Choice Awards mmorpg.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Tortoise, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

http://www.mmorpg.com/awards/players-choice-awards-most-wanted-mmo-of-2017-1000011456

the higher SotA is in the final list, the more likely there will be new people that will have heard of the game for the first time, and may try it out. Naturally, getting first is likely to create some higher consumer confidence, and also lead to some new players in our community. Naturally, getting first is likely to unleash the trolls, so dont let the haters in comments get ya down ;)

You can create a new email and register a new account with it with free services like mail.google.com or mail.com (I do this so I dont have to trust them with my most-secure passphrases or other security-sensitive identities).

With just a few clicks, you can help create some more clout for SotA in the wider online gaming community :).

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Thwip, Gaelis, Bamboozle and 4 others like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

voted... for the "commercial scam" known as Shroud of the Avatar... LOL...

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I heard that each vote cast for Shroud makes a troll reevaluate their life choices. Regardless, I'm voting for my favorite game of all time, Shroud of the Avatar. :)

Thwip, fonsvitae, majoria70 and 4 others like this.
  4. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

What's the deal with Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen? I've watched some of the current gameplay - it looks playable and unremarkable - I don't get how votes are just pouring in for it. I'd grab a pledge and try it out for myself but I'm allergic to monthly subscriptions.

5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I scoured the main website for it trying to figure out what it was all about, and it just came off as "yet another everquest" to me. So I searched a few youtube videos and confirmed that bias lol.

It did make me miss my lvl 50 Iskar SK though.

Note: this is by no means a negative remark about Pantheon, or any other game. EQ was one of the coolest games ever, so its actually a compliment imo. However, Im personally kind of bored of that format, which is part of the reason Ive backed SotA and am disinterested in almost all other MMOs.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Gaelis and Duke Avery like this.
  6. reuge

reuge Avatar

I think more publicity may not be the best thing for the current game now. And I thought the dev not encouraging new players. Are we sure we want to attract players now to project current experience? Is the dev changing their stance to attract more new players by encouraging everyone to vote for Sota?

Xandra7, MrBlight, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  7. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Easy... Brad McQuaid. Just as the name recognition for Richard brought a not insubstantial number of people to SotA, regardless of the finer points of the game, Brad is pulling exactly the same sort of backer to Pantheon.

8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, let's please be considerate of the hardwork that goes into ALL of these projects. As much as we would like you to cheer on SotA, it doesn't have to come at the expense of the others.

Tahru, Scanphor, Rada Torment and 8 others like this.
  9. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Well said!

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yet another poll? :rolleyes:

11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Only the second in a year, and arguably the more important poll to vote in :). Thanks all for being awesome and voting!

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That wasn't so much about SotA but about a lot of different polls of that kind i see popping up in different gaming forums from games i play ;-)

13. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

they want way to much info to sign up there :p

NZguzzi likes this.
  14. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

Lol at all the fake account mass clicking.
    You know there are bot programs you can buy that do this right......
    What a con.

Kaisa likes this.
  15. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

All going that way now.
    Look at Paypals new audit..... passport photos, proof of address lol and yet oil companies can make 8 billion profit and pay no tax.

16. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Everyone doing their year-end/beginning polls!

Really if you make the top few it's going to get some publicity.

I don't know that I'll play Crowfall or Chronicles but I hope they succeed as well - but SotA is the game I'm most excited to see complete.

It's not always easy to maintain excitement or to be someone "playing" an unfinished product, but I've just been holding off on the story-line and the real exploration. I especially look forward to challenging quests and puzzles (no FAQ!). I'm looking forward to when things are considered more or less polished/better balanced and the game is in a more complete state. I'm looking forward to the focus shifting from a testing community to a growing community of new players. I have a few friends I've introduced to SotA that liked their forays into Novia but have no interest in playing the game until it's released (they don't care about prime house locations or early-bird rares). They don't mind paying taxes either on a row or village lot, but will play other games until the "launch."

So SotA is definitely my most anticipated MMO, I look forward to seeing it - thanks for pointing out the voting opportunity!

It wasn't a dev that posted this thread, but it never hurts to spread awareness of the project. As far as I understand it Portalarium doesn't want to spend their budget on advertising until it's a more or less complete game, but it doesn't cost money for players to vote in a poll. I would say more awareness is always good as long as people realize that while it's a persistent world, it's not a completed game. If you're not in the lists that people read then you don't exist (it's the same with my company and being in various directories or newspapers to exist, you want to be there and maintain a presence).

Numa and majoria70 like this.
  17. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

There were people in this community that openly stated they did just that for the last poll and promoted such activities on these forums.

Pickley and Kaisa like this.
  18. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I did :) it was actually encouraged by the site hosting the poll. A person with two computers, four tablets, and three phones voting twice a day (allowed and encouraged by the poll's host) could have easily put in 126 votes in one week. The MMORPG poll is hard by comparison - you have to register before you can vote. haha

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  19. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Wow admirable!

Ice Queen likes this.
  20. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Sir Frank likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.