Best crowdfunded game vote on mmogames.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

What the steam chart highlights is that player retention is exceptionally poor. It's to be expected because the game is so incomplete.

What I find interesting is that I hear that Portalarium don't really want to advertise because of the state of the game......I doubt new players would be as understanding and as forgiving as long standing backers.......if you lose the interest of a new player it's doubtful you will get them back. This begs the question of whether that view is in conflict with the idea of voting up the on gaming sites........why would you want to create more awareness of the game for potential new players (advertise) when you say you don't really want to advertise because of the state of the game.

Truthfully there are absolutely no indicators that suggest things are in a good place, numbers are bad, reviews are bad, growth is bad and there is a small community that is in denial. I look forward to the day when the game can be advertised properly.....whenever that day may be.

2. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Situations like these are how devs end up arguing on 3rd party websites. If your "line" is we arent advertising, then dont encourage rigging a poll. Fly under the radar(if its the actual intent) and then knock their socks off. Ive always been in the camp of release very little and let people play very little until its ready to blow your mind. What you get instead is a slow drain of mediocrity that doesnt make for good retention.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's free.

4. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It's not free when it ultimately costs you (for sota that would be more negative comments, reviews and players quitting the game after a short period).

Just because something appears to be free or cheap doesn't necessarily make it good.

Canterbury likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Just because a random person from the internet says it's not good doesn't make it bad.

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It's really amazing how we can get into arguments and derail threads that start as genuinely positive "We did it, let's all hold hands" type of threads and turn them into rubbish by arguing statistics and meaning of life stuff.

Closing thread and removing most of the offending posts that do nothing but ruin the thread.

A tip for everyone posting here: If you don't post on topic or want to argue about something that ends up derailing a thread, then don't post is the best policy. Remember, it's not just "that guy started it", but you that engaged them as well. PM me if you need to vent about someone in a thread, don't do it publicly.

Vox Aquila, Diminio, E n v y and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.