Fireworks

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jan 15, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

WOW for the fireworks show at Ordinis Mortis! Amazing! So many fireworks blown off!

Which gave me a long time to look at them. I think they are set for a higher degree of random lateral travel along one axis than the other. Meaning if you're watching from one direction, they get decent amount of random curve to your left or right. Watch from a 90 degree angle to that and they seem to not have any. Like fireworks will explode in the same spot all the time.

My wishes:

Give more random lateral movement for fireworks in general, and even more so in the axis they aren't doing it at all on.

If the wind could affect them why not? The players could then really play with firework curves.

If you are standing on a slope and place it, maybe align to that slope instead of perfectly horizontal, thus giving even more creativity to fireworks shows. Now we can aim!

And finally, it made me want to craft them. :p (a good use for dyes?)

Awesome show!

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Agreed, +1.

My old list of Firework Requests:

• Add a 10s time before trigger and firing.
      As is the one spending the fireworks is the one least likely to enjoy it. This since there is no time between setting it off and it shooting away. If there was a default 10s delay between the trigger emote and it firing then we could run run run away to see the one we fire.
    • Add an extra 60s delay glyph.
      When one wants to do a fireworks display then it would really add to the planning if there was a different glyph with a much longer delay than default, that way one could have a couple of players running around triggering a bunch of them and then running away.
    • Add a new object "fireworks display rack" which I can load with up to 20 fireworks and determine the timer (1s-300s) on each.
      So that I can prep before-hand and by using multiples of these could plan a whole orchestra of fireworks.

Since this is a business decision I'd disagree in the specific, they are meant to create a turnover for the crowns since they are on the Obsidian Crown vendors.
    As such there are too many who has spent real money on buying the Replenishing Fireworks boxes etc which means that there is very little incentive for Portalarium to support crafted ones. So just like we can't craft Obsidian Potions.

However, maybe if we tweak the idea? So that if we take an already existing fireworks as the basic ingredient in the crafting recipe? That way they still need to be purchased with crowns but they can be tweaked by crafting.

If so I'd add my old idea of it would be so nice if the different magic trees all had a 'social' glyph which would take a firework as Reagent and make some sort of magic display emote.

Elrond, Lained, Acred and 3 others like this.
  3. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Thank you and it was fun! We have actually been thinking of ways of creating a REAL show. :)

Like the idea of Dyes

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

After playing with around with the fireworks mega set I was thinking about a Kobold fireworks controller it's a container you place the fireworks in along with a published book that is a list of fireworks each of line starts with an integer of seconds for the firework to be fired at. Finally when you're ready to start the display you place a torch inside.

Jaesun and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.