Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[bug] Missing option to lock UI

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Mishikal, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There is currently no option to lock the UI. This causes problems in combat when the game "stutters" or "glitches" and suddenly you find that instead of your mouse clicking on glyphs to cast, it is instead trying to move the dialog box all over the UI. It should be possible to lock down the UI so you cannot grab and move elements by accident. Particularly with the game suffering so badly from stuttering. Thanks!

Gix, Lord Ravnos and Barugon like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Where you click shouldn't be tied to the frame-rate. A separate thread should be used for processing user input.

3. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

My FPS in a scene will be steady @60+ fps, but I still get random moments where I'm trying to turn around when using mouselook and my avatar's neck ends up snapping up to be looking up at the sky for no reason, or down at the ground. A little disconcerting, especially when being chased by a bunch of enemies. And I have to reorient myself.

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This has nothing to do with framerate, thanks though.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The situation you described has everything to do with frame-rate. To be more clear, they're processing user input on the main thread, so if there is some hitch or stutter then the mouse location will probably be collected at some position other than where you actually clicked.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Ok, although in my experience the hitches and stutters are due to queries going to the server for data (as opposed to some graphics issue). I.e., I was able to eliminate some 90% of my hitches/stutters by changing the option to not query the server for glyph info when mousing over the action bar. As opposed to say, a low end graphics card causing low frame rates. ;)

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's all the same thing when all the processing is done on the same thread. In other words, your screen isn't refreshing because something is holding it up. Your mouse input isn't being sampled at the right time for the same reason.

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.