Delete the delete character button in the login menu

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Hornpipe, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yes. And I almost accidentally selected it in my hurry to get into the game.

If someone has access to your account your character can get screwed up in many ways. The email confirmation is a bit much. If you are a constant victim of account hacking I would suggest using a stronger password and looking up what social engineering is. Yes, there are hackers out there who might be able to figure out your credentials and be able to access your account, but it doesn't happen that often in games unless a person is careless with their info. Maybe there could be an option to request an email confirmation before character deletions. But for most it would be a bit too much.

Hornpipe likes this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Great idea.

I've brought this up before too. It's the same thing with items that you right click on and are given an option to delete. I'm not sure why our developers seem to think it's ok to have extra clicks involved in the login process but not when you're deleting a character or an item. I really wish they'd change both of these things.

Having a generic confirmation message is too easy to click yes on when you're half asleep or have some kind of other distraction going on (kids, a phone call, etc..)

@DarkStarr
    @Berek

Hornpipe likes this.
  3. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

it should be moved and there should be a timer at least 10 min or so to make sure you are sure your sure. the email idea is also good.

no CAPTCHA i hate CAPTCHA please i fight it enough as is any thing but more CAPTCHA

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol well the Devs don't like it either they say, but for me this is the easiest captcha I've ever had to do and I just click on 'remember me' and I don't have to log in each time I come here. Plus I am not logging on from steam, not sure if that makes a difference. ;)

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

They are talking about how easy it is to Delete your character in the game menu and suggesting that we should have to fill out a Captcha as a way to confirm deletion.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol duh yes. Thanks for putting me on track. I will run for coffee. ;)

Sorthious likes this.
  7. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

I concur. It should be almost impossible to 'accidentally' delete a character and equally hard for someone to maliciously delete a character. maybe a special password to delete them.

Cypher "Please don't delete me" Black

8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I've let the team know about the interest here in doing something about the character delete button.

Engel and Duke Albert like this.
  9. Crumpets

Crumpets Avatar

On a related delete topic - I don't like that when I want to use my non combat pet one slightly low curser click could destroy it instead of using it. If that can't be taken off the pets we want to keep please put more space between the selections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.