Housing Frustration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rennik, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

At this stage right now, I would consider grabbing a lot of the type you need just about anywhere. After that, keep an eye out for open lots in places you consider better and then transfer to that more desirable lot.

2. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

Well... I'm not exactly a viking role-player, but my house deed is for a Viking 2-Story Village Home with Dual Balconies... ;)

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

Stopped by this evening.... it is indeed a nice town! :)

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

that is very untrue. Most of us give away anything to those and I don't care if people stay in Wizards Rest or not,it can definitely be a stopping ground to help them get their bearings,, but definitely I will give them a place to stay free and anything I can to help, and I give way more than I ever want back which is the way I want it. Many leave for their guild towns later. Which I am happy when they find what it is they are looking for. Not everyone is playing this game wanting to be out for themselves. It is really not nice to lead people to think of it like that. So don't listen guys.

Thwip, Numa, Hornpipe and 3 others like this.
  5. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

Come try the dark side ... we'll happily turn you into a savage marauder with overly clannish independent views and the soul of a poet. Just take the long ship north west, and then north west again. Stop when they serve real mead ... that would be when served by a pretty blondes in braids.

6. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Thanks! I'm not one of the owners, but it's my home and I am proud of it.

7. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Owners of POTs want to see them used. They want to see life in them. Currently, with many POTs being majorly underused -- something the OP noted himself -- and a small playerbase to get new people from, competition is large.

I challenge anyone to deny the above is the case. Perhaps someone would like to argue the case that people who own POTs prefer them to be empty? Would someone like to deny that newcomers don't get pounced on with offers?

That's why I commented that getting people into using a POT benefits the owner -- because it does! It puts someone else in their town who isn't in someone else's town, and it makes their town a little bit more alive, which is the goal.

I didn't think I had to spell it out, but being told I'm wrong about something I said when, patently, what I said is the situation, annoys me a great deal. It's not even the main point of the information I was providing the OP anyway.

Again, to the OP, look around, take your time. You might find that, for any number of reasons, you don't even want housing. I'm not going to put reasons in your head. I simply encourage you to wander about and ponder if you do.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Bom and Ice Queen like this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Like Majoria, I cant even fathom the logic you are using relating to PoT owners.

I have a PoT, I don't have a single person living in it. I have dozens of spots set down for anyone who wants to move in to do so. I have a center plaza with crafting tables and vendors set up. I could care less if people move in or don't move in. How do I benefit from people living in my PoT lol.. in fact its the complete opposite, I had to pay almost $3,000 for it so it seems like the benefit would be for someone or anyone to come live in it and use all my high pledge stuff sitting around for free use.

I dont know a single PoT owner that doesn't see their PoT as a service to the community... not an opportunity to benefit themselves... thats silly.

Elwyn, Phoenix007, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  9. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I know nothing about it? Fine. Perhaps you would like to argue the case that people who own POTs prefer them to be empty? Would someone like to deny that newcomers don't get pounced on with offers?

Because those two things sit squarely in the middle of what I'm referring to. It's so obviously the case that people do want their POT to be used, I can scarcely believe we're even debating it. I mean... seriously?!?

10. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

So no POT owner wants to see their POT used? Every POT owner is purely altruistic and if their POT never got used, they wouldn't care about the money they spent on it? Come on. Pull the other leg. It plays Jingle Bells.

11. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

And again, I stress that this MINOR side trip isn't even the main piece of advice I was giving the OP so, rather than get bogged down in arguing something that doesn't actually need arguing, I'm done with the thread.

It does certainly give the OP something to think about, however, to see the way in which my straightforward and simple advice, asking him to do nothing out of the ordinary, has been jumped on and attacked.

12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I can't follow the discussion... I feel like I'm missing a few post... I've only had awesome experience with POT owners or Governors... (except maybe for one who seems to hate me... LOL)

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Don't get baited.

Sean Silverfoot, majoria70 and Numa like this.
  14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Same here, don't let them bait you.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  15. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

You are REALLY into that viking stuff, aren't you ^^?

17. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Lies :)

18. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

How is it baiting when I wasn't even talking to those two people originally? I was simply giving an opinion to the OP. The other two piled on me, with unkind remarks (I "know nothing", I'm "silly"), for having an opinion.

And I know I said I wasn't going to reply in this thread any more, but the suggestion that I was baiting anyone, when the flow of the thread is there for all to see, is just ludicrous.

People can pile on, attack me for having an opinion that's not their own, whatever they like. At the end of the day it sits there in black and white and my lack of personal comments, in reply to them, I believe speaks volumes.

Aldo and Ice Queen like this.
  19. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

My town is currently an holdfast. It's pretty empty and that's on purpose, actually. One day, someone asked me if I had free lot and I answered no. I could have placed a lot in a hurry just to have someone in my POT. I did not.

Why ? Because it's far from being ready. I have a lot of work to do before making it a welcoming place. With the current decoration limits, I can't do anything but a little garden. So I wait for the game to evolve and the POT to be more freely decorated. Maybe I'll invest a little more money when I can but I won't if POT management remains so limited.

Apart from that, I expect nothing more than what I already have, namely the possibility of choosing who settles in and how. Those who agree with my POT rules (pvp, role play and town planning) will be welcome and they will never have to pay anything. If this does not interest anyone, it will be fine : I will have a great domain for my own, then :D

Numa and StarLord like this.
  20. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Just ask yourself what you want.

Even so for myself i would have prefer a House within a NPC Town , some might enjoy a POT with Players creating Events around your House and active trying to foster a own POT Community with you.

I am honest - even so i am not a POT Fan i secretly did follow Larawyn Skjaldmaer. :) They seem to be a "serious" RPG Community. And i think i would not have to be afraid if they decide to go the Viking Direction of RPG that i would be confronted with total imersion destroying
    POT Town design. I would find a community building up on them.

So it depends alot of the Direction a POT Owner and his group goes.

For me if the Game somehow manages to ignite my "love" again at release what i hope i would consider only NPC Town or a very professional RPG Community that does not like Palm Trees and Snow Man standing beside each other. :)

Or woud you like a Palm Tree or a Elf House within this Town?

[​IMG]

So i would also recommend just as Canterbury to take your time and check out POT after POT and other options.

And i think POT owners trying to get players to join a POT are of course thinking of ways to breath live into the POT. But nothing bad about that. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.