Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

So disappointed....

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Literally every bug I've reported for the last two months has not been fixed, including the the one that makes the game nearly unplayable for me (#37427), and now focus regeneration has been nerfed so hard that the game is just not fun. Making changes that require players to wait for long periods of time or grind for more stuff isn't going to make the game more successful. It also just killed cooking as a valuable skill.

[edit] Oh, and on top of that, the frame-rate is much worse.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    By Tor, Net, Leostemplar and 4 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Focus Potions?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, grind for more stuff and take up a slot in your already limited hotbar.

4. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I am disappointed in Vauban Pass. I bet other people will be disappointed with the Deep Ravenswood changes.

5. Drocis the Devious

I think that's a valid point, but it ignores a problem that existed in the game, players are maybe not supposed to be endlessly grinding. Maybe they're moving a little too fast and gaining a little too much XP too easily?

There are reasons for these changes.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Really? I don't have a single GM. Do you think this is going to make the game better for me? Do you think they could've perhaps made other changes that wouldn't impact so heavily those who have limited time for gaming?

7. Lace

Lace Avatar

Okay who are you and where is the seed pod you hatched from.

Very uncharacteristic post from Drocis.

Just poking fun.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Lesni like this.
  8. Lace

Lace Avatar

See to me you have a base regen rate in combat or out of combat and the food you use is for on or the other or both .. but for some reason our food is out of combat only .. I don't much care for that. I would like to see in combat regens like every other game has.

What my food isn't supplying my body with energy the one time I actually need it to? really? But let us have huge arguments on other realism things, but not this? ... le sigh.

9. Drocis the Devious

I think that their approach to balancing this game is month to month, year to year, and they are not paying specific attention to you or any other individual. I don't necessarily agree with their approach all the time. I personally would just go watch whatever the top ten players were doing and nerf THAT, before I'd change something that impacted everyone, but it's really not possible for me to say exactly why they do one thing verses another.

I can say with full confidence though, we should expect more and more changes that reduce the speed at which we're gaining XP. For some people that will be unfathomable because they don't handle changes well. For other people it will be comforting to know that all players are impacted by these changes.

As for not GMing a single skill, after so many months that's either a severe lack of playing time or a severe lack of understanding of how the mechanics work. Neither of these things should be considered your fault, but you should know that it's possible to GM most skills over a moderate amount of playing time if you turn everything else off and focus on just one thing at a time.

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Hm, the new focus regen in combat change is very concerning. Limited hotbar real estate makes potions an undesirable solution. Currently, prolonged fights are going to be very difficult with a 1/tick regen. I've seen this discussed in bugs section so hopefully its not deliberate, guess we'll see.

This could of course be an attempt to make alchemy more desirable, but once again as we saw with cooking instead of the items offering a boost, the base rates were crippled so we'd have to buy yet another consumable to achieve the same combat effectiveness. Between reagents, food, scrolls, arrows, keys, repair kits, pretty soon I'm gonna need a shopping cart to push around everywhere I go.

By Tor, zyxe, Leostemplar and 4 others like this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

Really? I thought this was fairly standard for me. Normally it's the power gamers telling me "you don't play enough".

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'd really love to try out a Focus Regeneration Potion. Does anyone know where I can find one or, better yet, the recipe?

Roycestein Kaelstrom and FrostII like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What's really worse than the focus regen nerf is that they didn't fix #37427. I've literally been begging for months now.

14. Drocis the Devious

It needed changed.

I just went there to check it out and it seems like they put some cool stuff in there, but it's all jumbled up. It's got zombies and bears and wolves and pigs all in one spot which makes no sense.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not that I mind so much the slow down of XP gain. It's the slow down of playing the game! Standing around waiting for focus and/or health to regenerate in order to move on just isn't fun, especially if you're trying to make it through some dungeon and while you're waiting, the mob you just killed re-spawns. Also, having to grind for even more resources or gold in order to maintain a stock of potions isn't fun either.

Well, I could've GM'd Ranged Combat but I locked it at 98 in order to get other skills up. I just used it to illustrate that I'm far behind most players that were here at persistence. While I was flagged for PvP, the lowest level player I fought had 50% more health and focus than I did.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Also, anyone who uses a combat pet is going to be very unhappy with the focus nerf.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The more I play it, the more it sucks. It's funny how such a small change can totally ruin it for me.

BTW, did I mention how bad the framerate is now?

Scorpio-LakeSuperior and Chatele like this.
  18. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is.... complicated. We have a dev that has been working on this issue throughout this release cycle and it's not exactly an easy fix. Not by a mile. We're making strides, but it's not where we want it to be yet, and we're looking into workarounds until we can get something permanent.

A workaround that we're looking at will be that when the cursor is returned to the screen, it will default to the screen center instead of the edge, not exactly user friendly, but it ought to at least keep the screen from spinning. (We've discovered what's happening that's causing the spinning, where the camera will be turning to aim for where the cursor was... Also saw nastiness if spamming the right mouse button).

We should have that in to test in an upcoming build ideally. Not the solution you want, I know, but we're working on it. Just so you know we haven't ignored it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thank you for the updated information. I really appreciate that.

[edit] BTW, this wasn't an issue in R35.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  20. zreamo

zreamo Avatar

My point is that if you stand still and not fight, you would not an extra potion, even with drawn weapon. And buff food should also help at that time.

The nerf is okay while in combat and maybe a bit afterwards but should regain faster with stillness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.