Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Enchanting needs to be shut off in R37 ASAP . . .

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Why because they are nerving it to death. Even if they do fix the "Issue" Players are going to find out about how bad the change is and create +4 ( you get the idea) items as fast as they can.

And then after some time they will use the "Restore Durability" and have some items that will never be able to be made again.

Once again a change is being made that will effectively take any new players or ones who have not yet trained a skill and make them completely inconsequential.

Developers why do you consistently make the game more and more complicated and convoluted.

Every time something is implemented it effectively kills any future players from even wanting to try as of what is being affected is being reduced to nonsense.

At least the third thing massively affected, Exp and skill gaining, Taming (skill specific), now overall masterworking and enchanting.

And of course a wipe is out of the question, really???

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm really hoping the lack of major enchants is a bug. Because if it isn't, its a monumental nerf.

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

Don't Panic Dude as soon as I called it out @DarkStarr was asking questions.

[​IMG]

4. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I am of the mindset that it has to be a bug as well. I just don't believe a 46% chance of success third enchant yields all 1.1 enchant options at 105 enchanting.

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

Doing a add durability adds to the number of times something has been enchanted .. you are blowing an enchant to add durability and your next enchant will have a far lower success rate... you will not get the everlasting gobstopper.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

all they are going to look at is the .1 if first attempt really = 1 then it is a HUGE nerf, and since that is their pattern thre is no reason to expect less.

But you are right not a big issue, Time will tell and ITYS will come again. I need to make a special signature just for that.

And this is not panic this is predicting the ominous future that they are headed towards.

When there are 100s of pieces in chests that cannot be dupliocated the damage will have been done.

7. Lace

Lace Avatar

The problem I am more concerned with is the +50 skills things that are present now in masterworking like +10% flurry, +10% rend damage +10% pull damage etc that are absent.

And yes I have submitted a bug report on this.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  8. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

/sigh

I was actually looking forward a release for the first time, because of the crafting improvements..... I really hope there is no nerfing and only improving!

/crosses fingers

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Chatele like this.
  9. Lace

Lace Avatar

Don't despair we don't always get all the code checkins on the first builds they do for QA, what sucks is the later ones are so close to release its hard to catch any bugs and have them fixed before live. I am hoping we have an incomplete build of the crafting stuff right now like I have seen in other systems.

10. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

Thanks for taking the time to go and test things before they go live!

11. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'm guessing this might fix your enchanting concern but might raise an additional concern or two in the process...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  12. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Its a simple bug and posts like this do not help.

13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Remember this post I will bring it out of hiding after R38 dust settles and player figure out they can no longer create +4 items without INSANE work on effort.

I
    T
    Y
    S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.