Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Yet another way to punish players who do not grind enough.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Net, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

So food apparently still does not add the promised focus/health in combat. The combat focus regen is terribly low, it would be good if there were cheaper ways than focus potions to replenish it. And if combat was not so crazy dependent on level. I cannot kill single Flash Flayer easily because I simply run out of focus because my magic is not strong enough and they have three times as much hp as I do and then I am dead because I just never get to regenerate focus to be able to heal myself.

Alright back to exploring the secrets of Blood Bay as ghost. it is nice scene, seems pretty impractical for town to me, but otherwise really neat with a lot of cool stuff that hopefully will appear elsewhere in the game as well. Still the way how combat is shaping it is less fun each release. My main complaint is that damage output of low/medium level mages is way too low, especially considering focus costs and the crazy hp of most monsters. Still seems silly to me, that I should improve my magic by killing things with bow/sword.

Gurney2 and By Tor like this.
  2. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

If you can't kill a mob, look for weaker ones. If you manage killing it but running out of focus, look for weaker ones.
    If you run out of focus even at lower level mobs, change your deck, stack glyphs as they become more powerful with less focus cost. I don't know about Blood Bay, thought it will come with R38, so I wonder where you can explore it, but all other pvp areas are 5 skulls. I bet you need areas with 3-4 skulls.

Gatsu. likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

Food isn't there to compensate for you fighting mobs beyond your level. If they're not beyond your level, maybe you're casting the wrong type of spells.

4. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Usually have aetheric feedback on to increase focus regen. Also harvest resources while waiting for focus to regen.

5. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I, and I think a lot of other people, wish food would regenerate health & focus in combat as well as out of combat. In another thread, a dev said that's what potions are for.. but potions are good for regenerating a large portion of focus/health instantly. To me, that's no reason to not have food work both in and out of combat since it's a slow regeneration process. I hope they change that.

Nadomir, Numa and Matt Harris like this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

Nevermind, Darkstarr said in other thread that the new focus regen rate is bug.

Gurney2 and Alexander like this.
  7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

A dev, not darkstarr (can't remember which one) said that the food does not regenerate health or focus in combat and that's by design. Maybe the rate at which it regenerates out of combat is bugged - but I read that they have no plans for it to work in combat.

If I can find that thread, I'll post the link.

8. Net

Net Avatar

Gurney2 and Alexander like this.
  9. Gix

Gix Avatar

While I somewhat expected food effects to be active in combat, I completely understand why they didn't allow it.

... until you add potions that heal over time into the mix...

It's a slow regeneration progress because you're supposed to balance your focus consumption during combat; otherwise you're gutting a lot of strategy out of the game. Potions are a one-time deal where as food effects can last more than an hour.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  10. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I'm all for the slow regeneration process of food - just think it should be active both in and out of combat.

11. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'm saying that the regeneration acceleration that food provides would throw combat off-kilter.

12. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Hmm. Perhaps. Maybe they could give it a try for one release and see what happens.

13. mass

mass Avatar

It definitely shouldn't be the same in combat as out, but there should be some benefit. The level of benefit shouldn't mean the difference between defeating a mob or not, it should be simply quicker recovery when being rushed by multiple mobs. Depending of the tier of food, it could be as low as a 5%, 10%, or 15% increase above baseline, but probably no more than that.

Gix and By Tor like this.
  14. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

@Net ,Totally agree on damage output for low and medium level mages compared to ppl of the same level that are using melee or even archery. I also noticed that every creature has magic resistance now (not only the elite ones) (throw a fire Arrow on an elder wolf and you will notice that the damage of the dot is reduced by at least one point which is a hughe reduction >> around 10 %, just by looking the debuff icon on the mob and compare it with the indication on your spell). That makes the mages work harder.
    BUT, in "compensation", mages can move now while casting which is a hughe advantage and making it more fair compared with archers and we have aetheric feedback which is the best spell to regen focus fast.
    To me, i dont think it has Something to do with the grind; i mean you dont have to be "an elite mage" to be performant (im not an elite mage and im feeling comfortable in 5 skulls zones without any elite Equipment, excepted in some situations).
    Oh btw by saying mage, i mean pure mage, not using any weapon other that wands or staves and wearing cloth armor.

15. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Buff Food DOES regen Focus in combat. I have always Wolf Surprise buffed and my Focus regen participates from this buff in combat. Just health does not, but this would be OP and should be as it is.
    Yes, and I bet he meant, that focus regens from buff food in combat is a bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.