Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Expected]Books that can't be placed...

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Jaxtron, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Avatar

I have tried placing all the books that previously couldn't be placed as decorations and the following still can't be placed. They give the impression they can be as they show the 3d model and are green but as soon as I set them down, they immediately go back to my inventory. They both appear to use the same 3d model so perhaps the issue ties to that model?

The Chains of False Beliefs and Truth is Rewarded...

Thanks

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Probably because those are among the twelve "Books of Virtue", which can't be traded to other people. All you can do is keep them in your inventory or bank, or discard them.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As indicated, this is working by design. As they are quest items, they are in a notrade state, and cannot be placed as decos, and should not be placeable into containers placed on lots either.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Umm, per @DarkStarr 's R38 instructions:
    These should all be placeable as deco items now and this should be recorded as a bug.

I was coming here to report that "A Boiled Seed Cannot Sprout" book is also not placeable, so figured I would just add to this thread.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I just spoke with DarkStarr. This was an oversight and incorrect in the R38 post. It is by design that quest-related books still follow the NoTrade flagging we have used up to this point. In this sense, we refer to items that are required for either quest flags or for turning in to complete quests. Books that can be found as part of quests or flavor in scenes but have no significance to the completion of that or subsequent quests can now be placed.

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Fair enough Attenwood. I thought (by his post) that it was changed so that we could display those now... and I was really hoping to display my extra copies of those books near my Trophy... but I understand the need to prevent them from being No-Trade flagged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.