Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by King Robert, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I am a level 84 air/bludgeon player who used to be able to adventure alone in DR and take on one FR spider, sometimes two at a time. No change in play or gear, now I can barely kill a Bear? Anyone else seem to take a ton more damage and do a ton less? It could just be me, any help appreciated.

2. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Ok, just was killed by two (2) bears. No joke. They crit on my almost every hit. Anyone else? Just me?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I mainly go against the red spiders and their larger brothers in the Mysterious Swamp. They are slightly tougher fights for me this release. So I adjust. I've yet to be able to take on a ferocious red, though. Not even close. Level 86A, fighter w/sword, with minor heal, fire and earth magic.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just curious, if you're wearing heavy armor how are your magics working for you? And does your armor still mitigate the same amount of damage?

5. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

I feel you. Full platemail ,2-handed Sword and having Hard time with couple of "green" mobs. Something is not right here...

6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I can tell you that I have taken some penalties in terms of % fizzles with heavy armor and a two handed sword. (although earth isn't too bad because of my high levels). It's been a bit of a challenge adapting to this. Can still take on the liches in Deep Ravenswood, but with greater difficulty.

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'm full plate with 2-handed sword... no issues here.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  8. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

My feelings exactly.

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I wear plate. I have low level spells, Heal Self, Flame Fist, Ignite Weapon, Immolation, Stone Fist, Root and Light. I see fizzle chances now. Immolation is at 8%, so I don't see trying to cast that spell again. It's all good. The fights all during persistence have been tougher than they were before persistence. I've been adjusting all along. Mainly being more careful, since I still strive to not die above all else.

10. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I'm low level. Plate and Maul. Corpions give me a lot more trouble than they used to. I don't use much magic.

Alexander and Numa like this.
  11. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I notice that I do less damage and mobs hurt me harder than before. So, agree to OP.

Chatele likes this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

Thanks Alexander. I noticed that my Earth fizzle rates are lower than an equivalent 3rd level Water spell - and my water attunement is stronger than my earth attunement.

Staying on topic, I don't notice any difference yet in mob difficulty but my adventurer level isn't as high as everybody's here yet.

Alexander likes this.
  13. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

yes I feel nerft some, Ive noticed. I thought maybe it was because I haven't played in a while.

14. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

My Earth attunements are very high, with Sympathy of Stone at GM. Still, I'm taking enough of a fizzle chance to notice it with the occasional failure.

Numa likes this.
  15. Culann

Culann Avatar

I'm a pure polearms tank. Been fighting mine mobs (mostly Verdantis) and find the kobolds, hardened skeletons and earth elementals a bit easier this release.

Numa likes this.
  16. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Remember that now Air/Earth (most OP schools before r38) magic damage is lower than before. Dex and Str is giving smaller dmg bonus with spells now to these scholls. Other than this and the fizzle change, mobs stats looks the same.

Sheamus McGuinness and Numa like this.
  17. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I am pure archer, I have noticed this release, It takes me a lot longer to lvl in DR.... haven't gained 1 lvl since this release ..... talk about a grind fest.... So decided to take a break, very frustrating ....

18. Valeric

Valeric Avatar

I seem to miss more often now. Although, the change in increased difficulty doesn't bother me (if there was one). Better than those games the cater to the entitled players that get easier each patch.

19. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I think the math is way off for melee. I am working on all the stat buffs and my primary weapon innate. I should be getting better and not worse. How high should stats be to be effective in combat?

20. Vero

Vero Avatar

I find that buffing still makes quite a big difference, especially my air's embrace (GM) makes me crit faster, air dmg/stun duration bigger/longer. (reaching 120 dex when buffed) My 'highest' crit's with Air spells seem noticably lower although that doesnt bother me al to much.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.