Is focus regen fixed in 551?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derfus, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derfus

derfus Avatar

Slow connection so it will be almost 4 hours before it finishes. Can't believe it takes a 0 level patch to address a very short list of issues, but I guess they must have changed some core data data structures for the zone load fix.

If focus isn't fixed, I'll just load it when I go to bed as the game is unplayable right now.

By Tor and GrayFog like this.
  2. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I patched earlier from 550 to 551 and it took 5 minutes - THRU STEAM.
    Port has not yet figured out a way to duplicate a Steam update - YET.

Oh, and as for Focus regen - I've seen no dev post that they even acknowledge there's a problem with it............................................. :confused:

Just sayin..........;)

By Tor, Chatele and Gamician like this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I'm doing a "I told you so" here, but you guys probably didn't read the posts.

When the official R38 came out they made focus FAR to easy, I could run around all day long and not lose any. This was discussed pretty good in the dev++ sections because its how it was set on the test server and they rolled it back a bit for testing before release (to far).

This is how focus is going to work now and they stated it would in R38.

They basically turned off auto-generation in combat however they have kept on food derived regeneration in combat.

If you dont eat food, your regen in combat is bad.

So basically, its working as intended now. You simply need to keep food handy. Richard Garriott has LONG said for decades that eating food is always an important thing in his games (as it was in Ultima)

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah Ultima 3 constant eating.

6. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Lots of downtime in games is terribly boring. If you're going to defend it with "eat some food"..good luck with that :eek:

Chatele and Caree Death like this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

When I eat food, my focus regen is perfectly fine with little down time. Have you tried it?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. derfus

derfus Avatar

95 level cooking. Selling Bear and Wolf surprise for profit. I have plenty of food. Food in combat yields nothing. Downtime caused by having to unequip weapons and requip before next engagement (usually 10 seconds each way because of cooldowns) in a 4 skull area is not acceptable. Will quit this game if this is not fixed very soon.

psteg, Prime2, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

you may consider running more focus efficent if you are having these kinds of problems. Are you stacking your skills at least once? Are you casting and using skills that have very high focus costs?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  10. derfus

derfus Avatar

Been trying to get on all day to figure out a more focus efficient method. Level 0 patches have made that impossible. I understand that I should adapt to the rules in place, but I'm having issues with 4 skull areas where I have never had focus problems. Grouped in higher level content where I already had focus issues will now become impossible.

Under the old focus regen rules it took me about 3 hours to gather enough pine wood to make two bows. Under the new rules that will double. Compound that with two hours a day gathering water for farming and this is just a huge time sink with no rewards.

This situation is unacceptable. This from someone who played Everquest from Kunark.

11. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Food regen that gives .06 focus per tick in combat is not a usable replacement, it's a smack in the face.

FrostII, psteg, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Periods of inactivity are boring and waiting on regen sucks.

Buff food regen imop and all is good.

Chatele and Kara Brae like this.
  13. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I have no focus issues. I eat food I buy from cooks which supports the economy. I then spam glyphs all through combat until everything I can kill is dead. Everything is dead so come out of combat and either wait for a respawn, mine, skin, or go to the next mob. This applies even to killing the 8600 dragon with just a healer. Then again I also don't spend any focus casting spells or healing because I have a sword to swing instead.

They don't really want focus to be something that nobody ever has to think about or that never runs out. If I was fighting the 28k health clockwork dragon I would run out of focus - and then probably health - but I don't think that is Port's fault or that they should make it so I don't.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  14. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

This needed to be said. For many game has been either unplayable, not worth playing, or requires way to much down time in focus regen to be fun anymore. This is with Food Buffs. No acknowledgement even after 8 pages on a previous post. and now this one.

psteg, Chatele, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  15. Culann

Culann Avatar

@Sara Dreygon ... Good points! I've played this game since day 1 and have just now learned the true value of stacking glyphs, which in turn has led me to think about how I can change my deck to make stacking more efficient, etc. etc. etc. I'm also way more motivated to get those new potion recipes. I believe it's not a coincidence the focus regen changes were done at the same time as the introduction of the new potions. As much as it sucks to have to use my brains and work harder...thanks Port!

16. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Aye... those high-end focus potions give you back 150-250 focus per... more than enough to deal with a great many focus issues. PM me in game and I'll teach you the ones I know.

17. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

Please indicate how many GM's you have. How much Mana you have and whether your GM's + including Train Intelligence and Inner Calm and Follow Through. If you can do the 8600 HP dragon with only one healer and without them or you running out of Mana, it would seem that to try and compare your status with the majortity of the Player Base is like comparing Apples and Oranges.

As for me, I have no problem doing areas like mining areas where you kill a few Kobolds and then mine, then kill a few more. It also does not apply to killing level 4 MOBS such as Fighters and Thugs in Serpent Spine Foothills. It does however apply to doing 2 - 3 Obsidian Bears where you run out of Mana half way through the second Obsidian Bear and end up running to same your like since all you have left is Auto Attack Melee. It also has been applying to Healer who run out of Mana a lot.

18. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

19. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

Anyone interested in a 3x GM account :)

20. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Also deceptive if 58 other skills are at 99

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.