Is focus regen fixed in 551?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derfus, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

That's more purposefully deceptive... :rolleyes:

So emotion aside, what I'm hearing is more of a "focus is broken for my build" instead of "focus is broken in general". Maybe the focus costs of glyphs at lower levels is high in relation to the total focus of the player but becomes less and less as your total focus pool gets higher?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

What your hearing is that the focus regen is cut too much, and it makes the game boring to sit around and wait for it. If I had the time to raise that many skills maybe it would not be that big of an issue, but for players that don't have a lot of time to play, spending half time f it regaining focus is unacceptable.

Chatele and FrostII like this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Not a lot of brainstorming or suggestions going on in this thread.

If anyone wants advice on a build, PM me.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok @Sara Dreygon , it's hard for me to imagine that you are trying to relate to the "average" Avatar - when you speak of having no focus issues while killing a dragon by yourself with a healer.

Please include screenshots of your major skill trees, so that we can see how you do what you do.

I can only say that - what you are apparently able to accomplish ( solo dragoning with heals) with your template is definitely NOT what the "average" Avatar can accomplish.
    IE, your happiness with the current "focus issue" does not equate to the average Avatar.
    You are, apparently, in the top 1% of the player base.

Please educate us with pics of your major skill trees - if you wouldn't mind.

** Edit ** Should I PM you for your build as you offered or will you post it here for all to see ?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Aldo and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Not trying to relate to the average player. My point was that the issue seems to be that focus is an issue for players at lower level. To simply "fix" focus for everyone would be to also raise it for players like me that don't have issues with it.

Instead, we can try to determine why it is an issue/broken for lower level players, such as how much a thrust costs in relation to the players entire focus pool. My thrust costs 14 focus which because of my focus pool means I can use thrust a ton of times during combat... how many times can a new player use thrust before their focus runs out?

As far as my build, I'll go so far as to say it is highly specialized with no magic and about 1100 in the blades tree, 500 in focus tree, 800 in subterfuge tree, 700 in heavy armor tree, and 800 in tactics tree.

Oba Evesor and MrBlight like this.
  6. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Kara Brae and FrostII like this.
  7. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

636 Shield
    902 Sword
    678 Heavy Armor
    772 Earth
    780 Tactics
    482 Focus
    263 Subterfuge (only really needed DEX and Armor Weak Points there)

INT at 100
    DEX at 100
    STR at 100
    Heighness Awareness at 100
    Healthy at 100
    and ofc. a lot of other stuff...

So i am not really too far off compared to you.

Honestly, if now everyone has to change his build to have no issues with the Focus, then something definetly is wrong with the overall game design :D

So should i drop now Shield and Earth?
    Nope... not gonna do that!

And btw. i killed the Dragon with my GF (Healer) multiple times too.
    That's not the point.

The point is the ridiculous amount of inbetween breaks/pauses you have to take now in an hunting session.
    It was ok in R36/37, it totally sucks now in R38 latest patch.

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And THAT is the crux of the issue, tyvm @GrayFog .
    @Sara Dreygon - Sara - you have trees that the "average" player does NOT, which is WHY you have no issue with Focus - which is the point that I was trying to make.
    What you (Sara) do and how you do it - in no way relates to the "average" player.
    You have the ability to almost solo a dragon. That is NOT the "average" player - sorry, hate to break that one to you...

The "average" player is now (and always will be) the steady bread and butter of any game, and SotA is certainly not excluded from that.
    Anything that effects the "average" player to the point that they look elsewhere for entertainment, is NOT a good thing - for ANY of us.
    Port will fail if Port molds SotA after anything other than the "average" player....

So, when you say that you're "not trying to relate to the average player" - everything that follows is obviously then meaningless to that "average" player.

And obviously all of that is just my opinion - of course. ;)

GraveDncer, Chatele and GrayFog like this.
  9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

So you're agreeing with me that focus isn't "broken" but needs to be balanced better for lower level players and kept the same for higher end players, correct?

MrBlight likes this.
  10. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

No, Focus clearly is broken.
    Works for some builds like yours, but is broken for many others.

Sorry, i know wasn't directed to me the question, but i couldn't resist.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Cthuugean

Cthuugean Avatar

focus broken, focus not broken, just fix Aetheric Feedback to how it was and i will be happy

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Quitting a game in development hmmm. Perhaps just check back later if the changes and balancing is too much for you. I understand it is frustrating.

13. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

In the other big long thread i opened in the Feedback forum, some people always came up with stuff like, hey i can kill 20 mobs at once, i can kill this and that, The Rise, here and there and don't run out of focus.
    Great, i can do the same actually.

But they completly missed the point.

R36/R37: nearly nobody complained about Focus, seemed balanced, you had to take breaks still once in a while, was ok, feeled about right

R38 pre 548 patch: obviously nobody complained, you never ran out of focus :D lol, was totally wrong and felt unbalanced.

R38 548 patch and above: a lot do complain, way way more than in the forum threads here. You have to take tons of breaks now, it's just boring and wrong. Sure some builds still seem to work, but many others do have huge issues. Should everyone now play the same few builds that seem to still work?????

Prime2, Chatele and FrostII like this.
  14. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Perhaps expectations also differ - I do not expect to constantly fight mobs in 4/5 skull areas - even as mage with a pet. I need a short while of rest to heal and recover focus after a fight, but that's what I would expect. Others might find that a nuisance and ask for change.

15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
    If Port thinks that staying in combat for any reasonable length of time should require us to now carry a bunch of potions around with us..... well, I (and no one that I know) would be a big fan of that scenario .... :mad:

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Exactly !
    Tyvm, @GrayFog

GrayFog likes this.
  17. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

No!
    Oh my god...

I can only repeat, we do not want unlimited Focus! We do want to rest once in while! Again, was fine in R36/R37

But the way it is now, for most builds:
    Fight 1-2 Minutes
    Rest 30-60 Seconds.

And that's just wrong.

Chatele, Kara Brae and FrostII like this.
  18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sara.... your ability to almost solo a Dragon - puts you in a class of players at the top 1%, so - to you - all the "average" players are indeed "lower level" players - but please understand that includes 99% of the population.

So, yes - they need to scale it back for the "masses", as it were.

With you being where you're at, I'm sure you'll be just fine with whatever they come up with (as will I).... ;)

Gamician, Kara Brae and GrayFog like this.
  19. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Agreed :).

GrayFog likes this.
  20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It's all a matter of degree - and it needs to - go back - quite a few degrees about now. ;)

For most people............

Toadster, Gamician and GrayFog like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.