1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R38 Post Mortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions that we did not have time to get to. I tried my best to answer these but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I will try my best to follow up but please understand I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these.

Phil Scott: At this time it appears that the inventory of a NPC vendor is the same for all vendors of a type. Is this going to change?
    I assume you mean that all Blacksmiths in a given city stock the same item? That is correct but they do vary by region and even city.

Majoria70: Can you include discovery and exploration quests to encourage seeing the world and continued exploration of the world and also an achievement system in game?
    Yes

Vulgaren: Stables are all over the world. Will there be the ability to secure your mount at the stables
    Perhaps when mounts come online

Winter Dragon: About Deep Ravenswood, why did you need to replace a popular scene and not just another less popular one? Just have ‘Deeper’ Ravenswood then.
    We did not replace the scene, we merely tuned it and it has exactly the same creatures in it that it had before.

Dartan Obscuro: I really like the look of Central Brittany docks. Can we get the Ardoris docks spruced up?
    We will consider it but Ardoris is already heavily decorated so adding more decorations will impact performance.

Corp Por (and others): What is the plan to drive the people who want to PvP or the people who don’t to attempt risk PvP with some new incentives, like making collected body parts have an in-game effect on the person you’re fighting?
    We are planning on further increasing the resource yields in Shardfalls and Ruins as well as increasing the numbers and difficulties of the enemies. We are also going to be adding some PVP focused artifacts that can only be found in those areas. Additionally we are going to be adding named bosses to all those scenes and some of them will have unique weapons with unique gear patterns.

Corp Por (and others): Can we please get higher level areas for my group of (100+ adv levels) to group up and play together for something fun, challenging, rewarding? Hopefully with decent experience, rare or artifact like loot. Think the harrower and champion spawns in UO.
    Yes that is what areas like K'rul and the upcoming Fall are for. It is also what the new areas of Tier 6-10 creatures and named bosses inside Tier 5 zones are designed to provide. Ending sieges by fighting the Cabalists should also provide this.

Mad Hatter: Can we get resource nodes outside of hunting scenes?
    No. Unprotected resources would lead to unlimited resources which would tank the economy.

MrBlight: Are you planning on adding treasure maps with a skill required to say, read the maps?
    Maybe eventually.

MrBlight: What are the changes from the old initial promises, to what you plan into implement now, in regards to Guild Wars, Keep building/Castle building, siege equipment and the like?
    Vallo Frostbane: Will there be more sandbox content for guild politics (Kickstarter goal…)?
    Vallo Frostbane: will we see any sandbox content for guilds until release?
    Contessa: Could we get an area just for guild wars? Like an 8 v 8 arena where people could tag out and in. King of the mountain and instance only appears for the two guilds.
    We do have Guild Wars now and we do plan to expand that feature over time to include features like a control point like setting where Guilds can fight over Castles and use siege weapons like catapults. EDITED: Players can declare any building a Guild Chapter house but we do plan on eventually having unique buildings that guilds can earn in game that are Guild Halls.

MrBlight: What are the current plans regarding Virtue in PVP, and will it create a faction vs faction based system? Or are you relying on player generated content?
    Vallo Frostbane: Will there be more conflict in Virtue vs Anti Virtue battles?
    The finale of the story has some direct ties to Virtue and PVP that we do not yet want to reveal.

Duke Avery: Are there any game mechanics specific to PVP yet to be implemented and made public and if yes, can you tell us about them?
    Chris: While there are not many purely PVP specific game mechanics currently being worked on, we consider PVP when working any existing features. A prime example of a change that was made purely to make PVP more interesting was a complete re-work of the Gust mechanic. Also, the addition of heal debuffs as an effect (coming in R39) is heavily aimed at PVP.

Gix: What are your thoughts on combat skill ranging from levels 1-to-30(ish) being practically useless? Why can’t “level 1” start at a more significant potency to make unlocking skills more satisfactory?
    Chris: Starting skills for new characters start at a fairly useful level. While starting newly learned skills at 1 can be a bit annoying to a very experienced player, the early levels advance VERY quickly and can feel very rewarding to get a lot of quick “Dings!” when leveling it up early on. Most skills only require 1500 applied experience to get to a 30 so it goes quite fast. 40 is what I consider proficient and useful.

Gix: When can we start Pickpocketing NPCs?
    Chris: Richard and Chris have a design for this but it is not currently on the “Must have for live list” Like some other nefarious skills, it is only available in multiplayer mode and can result in the player getting a temporary “Wanted” flag which allows any players to attack you and no chance of ransom for the hunters but a chance of ransom for the wanted.

Barugon: Currently, if we’re attacked while not in combat mode then we are forced into combat mode but without a weapon drawn. Can you please make it so that when we are forced into combat mode, we also draw a weapon?
    Chris: Agree. I believe this is an oversight and we’ll try to get it changed

Roycestein Kaelstrom: Is brewery coming this March?
    Stryker Sparhawk: Is brewing on track?
    Perhaps but we may instead spend time on improving the new user experience and polishing the interface instead.

LoneStranger (Aaxal Kuurle): How is the conceptualizing of the Brewing and Agriculture Redeux systems coming along?
    Good but this might get pushed out for other work (see above)

Solazur: Can we get some cherry trees to buy or even to grow?
    Yes, eventually.

SmokerKGB: Will recipe discovery be easier in the future? For example, I already know how to make an iron longsword, but I want to make a bronze longsword, why do I need to buy an additional recipe when all I need to do is use bronze ingots instead of iron…
    Perhaps as we get more recipes we may adjust the current levels of accessibility.

SmokerKGB: Will gathering get any boost potion for larger quantities of gathered resources? Similar to what combat is getting now…
    Yes through potions and town blessings

StarLord: When will you add new resources like coal or wax.
    After Release 39

InLight: Any possibility of being able to collect more than 1 bucket of water at a time?
    May Day: Without macros -- what is the long term plan for water bucket gathering? Its wayyyyy too slow and painful!
    Yes there will be ways to bulk harvest water.

Menchi: Now that we can make glass from gem fragments, can we get recipes for making Glass Jars and Flasks?
    Yes

Menchi: Will Leather Scrap be useful? (2 Hides = 2 leather, 1 Hide+12 Scrap = 1 leather)
    Yes

Sarah Dreygon: For diversity, any chance of altering the stats of white iron and constantan from being a set amount of stat increase to being a %-based like bronze and meteoric?
    We could but that can get quite unbalanced at high levels so unlikely to change

Mad Hatter: Could we get Gold Sheets to create Plated Armor/Weapons/Shields/Etc.?
    Maybe as part of "Enamels" system.

Roycestein Kaelstrom: Will the remote bank access device be available via COTO vendor?
    We don't plan to at this time but maybe eventually.

Roycestein Kaelstrom: Will we have a new POT template based on assets from Blood Bay?
    We will consider it.

Solazur: With the new themes we are seeing.. like the Asiatic theme, would it be possible for pot owners to select default row houses that matched the theme of their zone?
    We will consider it.

Astor Cerberus: What scenarios ‘magic movers’ will be usable, and when are they going to be available?
    First step will be to give players the ability to save a fully decorated home and/or basement on their lot. We hope to have that working in R39. Next will be to then allow a player to move decorated home/basement between lots inside the same scene. We hope to have that working in R40. After that the next step would be to allow moving of a decorated home/basement between lots in different scenes. That last one is much harder and we do not have an ETA for it.

Lord Andernut: T Roads (and other tools) – When? And will all paver types be supported?
    R39 for Road sized Pavers. Right now we are only planning on making Cobblestones (store) and Rough Stone (craftable) but we will make other styles in the future.

InLight: Is there any possibility of leaving the windows on our homes open instead of having to re-open them everyone time we zone out or re-log?
    Yes

Datendrache: Is there an estimated time for adding Player Owned Town Tools such as moving the default banker and town crier?
    After R39

Majoria70: Can we please sleep in bends, bags, or perhaps carry wood to make camp somewhere?
    Eventually

Rosemourne: With the upcoming system to rent out rooms, will we have the ability to rent out the entire home as a whole to a player for 0 gold?
    Sure

Rosemourne: When a player has their room rented, will items be sent to their bank if the lot is unclaimed / tax runs out?
    Yes

Rosemourne: Will players be able to decorate the rented rooms/homes as if they owned it?
    Yes

Juzzie: What’s the word on POT teleportation stones or whatever you said you would consider a few months ago?
    I think you are referring to giving town owners the ability to define connections between other POTs? If that is what you are referring to then yes we are still considering it. No ETA.

Trina: Are there any plans to let us move around chandeliers that come stock with our homes?
    Maybe

Sir Grant: In Offline mode, are there other companions currently available?
    Scott "Lum" Jennings: development paused while work continues on main story implementation as a priority, more companions will be added along with side story quests later

Sir Grant: In Offline mode, would you consider placing high end resources on vendors?
    Yes, we have an entire "tune economy in Offline mode" set of tasks that this would be part of.

Sir Grant: In Offline mode, when will we be able to purchase in game deeds?
    When we do the "tune economy in Offline mode" task mentioned above after Q1

SmokerKGB: Will Offline players ever get any boost to exp gains, like the Online group players do? After all we Offline players prefer Offline, but it seems it will take us forever to gain our skills…
    Yes, we have an entire "tune combat in Offline mode" set of tasks that this would be part of.

Ancev: Any thoughts on a vertical utility bar for food, potions, pets and scrolls?
    Maybe

Ancev: I’d like to have the option of a ‘pause and request’ behavior for public vendors, player vendors and bankers.
    I don't know what this is.

Ancev: Could we get an option to turn off the item description windows that pop up when you’re managing your inventory?
    Sure

Titania Xylia: I would like to place orders on food items, rare items (pledge items, drops, etc), and new items as they become available in the add-on store.
    Agreed

Titania Xylia: When shopping on a vendor, it would be great to be able to filter by crafting system.
    Agreed

Vallo Frostbane: Will PVP and PVE stay intertwined sandbox style with consent (ala SWG for example) or do you plan to separate them from each other at some point?
    Yes, intertwined as it is now.

Balec Fares deCani:
    How can one tell if the item they looted or are purchasing contains an eternal pattern that can be salvaged or if a disposable pattern was used on it that would yield nothing when salvaged?
    For R39 you probably won't be able to tell but we will try to get a tool tip added.

Illusive_Allusion: Prior to commercial release will in-game instruments (particularly lute and bagpipe timbres) receive a polish pass?
    Yes

Randbo: Can we get 3 bind locations instead of just one?
    No

Garfunkel Humperdinck: Being that the story requires easy travel and regional economies must restrict travel, how will we have both?
    The story requires travel, it does not require easy travel.

Garfunkel Humperdinck: Would you please consider adding interactivity to the over-world map to add interest for those traveling on foot? (Perhaps using survey skill to discover scenes or loot)
    Perhaps

Preachyr: Are there any new game mechanics being put into place ahead of Launch that are not on the public roadmap yet, or any features on it that we should know about?
    We announce our schedule on a quarterly basis and via a periodic roadmap. We do not want to commit to any other content nor features at this time.

Preachyr: Can you please clarify your position on what you consider to be the different stages of development. There are a ton of references still to the game being “pre-Alpha”
    We are in Early Access which means the game is not complete, even though data is persistent. At some point we will have met a certain set of criteria to hit Commercial Launch. That criteria includes stability, performance, a finished story, a robust feature list that reflects our Kickstarter, etc. At Commercial Launch we will start spending Marketing dollars to acquire players.

Della Kit: One of the load in screens talks about a group xp bonus. Yet I get more xp if I solo because I don't have to share it. Can you explain how this group xp bonus works?
    Chris: When a creature is killed a certain number of experience are given to its killer. When you are in a group, those experience points are split among your party mates BUT an additional bonus is given to be split. I believe for a 2 person party, that bonus is 30%. So if you kill a bear worth 1000 xps solo, you get 1000 xps. If you kill it with a party mate, you get 1000+300 (30% of 1000) =1300xps split 2 ways, or 650 xps each. This bonus % grows with each additional party member. If you grouped you should be able to kill stuff faster

Kigu Starfish (Kor): Are we ever getting more deck slots? I constantly delete and recreate decks because I don't have enough room for all of the ones I use normally.
    Yes, hopefully within the next couple of releases.

steorrawulf: Why don't skeletons, wolves, and bandits obey the same overland movement rules avatars are held to? They seem to move at the same speed regardless of terrain.
    Because we just have not implemented that feature yet.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Any plans to reduce health regen like we did with focus regen?
    Chris: Considering it but Health vs Focus are fairly apples and oranges. Health is taken from you whereas Focus is something you choose to spend. Also, the nature of how many people treat them is very different. For instance, a player who is just grinding mobs wouldn’t think twice about starting a fight with 10% health but the same player would very likely start the fight with 10% focus. Slowing player and creatures health regen will be a new effect i place for R39.

LordRhys: Where did all the Forest Encounters go? I have just seen Plains Encounters even in Forest Areas
    You should be seeing Forest encounters. If you are not then that is a bug, please report.
    Further information from Sannio: The biome of the random encounter depends on the biome assigned to the location where the roving NPC catches up to you. So, being caught in a forest sends you to a forest encounter, a swamp location to a swamp encounter, etc. If we don't have an encounter yet with the proper biome (for example, we don't have a desert encounter), we default you into a plains encounter.

Twofoldsilence: Do you think it would ever be possible for non land owning PCs to rent Planting, pots, beds, etc. from NPC towns and land owning PCs?
    Yes

Umuri: Is there a plan to add high level solo content? Currently all the big content has been geared or specifically designed to exclude the solo player, and solo player exp is far below group exp.
    Only for Offline play.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: When will NPC Guards come online? What will they be capable of doing?
    After Q1. Details then.

Menchi: Can we get Tavern Counters with the corner table on the opposite side, maybe have it so pressing R swaps between?
    Yes

LordRhys: Seems like Offline Play is not updated to Online version, I have noticed broken quests in Soltown in Offline
    Please report in bug forums.

Solazur: Will we see some new mines... something like coal mines ... somewhere lower level players can start a mining career?
    Perhaps but not on nearterm roadmap

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Will there be NPC Vendor and Guard patterns?
    NPC customization probably will work differently than patterns.

Kabalyero: In R39, how will room rental work in homes with no rooms but has big open floors? Can a floor be subdivided into smaller spaces like lots? Thanks...
    At this time homes with no rooms cannot be subdivided.

Chey: Hello, is there a plan to reduce the lag spikes and increase the load of the servers to have a faster game. Will loading between zones be faster in the future? thank you for your work.
    None of what you are experiencing is server performance. That is all client side issues, including the load times. We are working steadily each release to try to improve performance.

Stryker Sparhawk: what moustache wax brand does Starr use
    Pinaud Clubman Moustache Wax, Neutral

Merv DeGriff: Question for Starr ... IS there a pattern for your mustache? Can we craft it?
    Yes, it is a super rare drop from killing me...

chuck5086: Will you guys be working on a thieving system kind of in the same sense with what you did on UO?
    We already have pickpocketing.

Daxxe Diggler: Will we also see effects brought back to weapons (ie; flames/poison/frost/etc.)?
    Yes

Lasazarr Xancson: When did the Blood Reliquaries are finally send to the buyers? I'm still waiting for the Blood of Lord British
    Our apologies for the delay. We just finalized getting all the addresses for the ones we have sold. We hope to start packing and shipping them next week.

Solazur: will we see new bow types? Like xbows or recurves?
    Yes eventually

Minerva: will skill level in any way impact using patterns or salvage level impact finding recipes??
    Patterns will not require any skill

Duke Greagoir (LordG Dragon): 2-handed iolo crossbow pattern on a 2 handed longbow?? So it looks like a crossbow?
    No. The Iolo crossbow pattern can only be used on a crafted crossbow

Sir Grant: Pattern question, will there be a good preview before we commit to the pattern? Can we have a better preview on dyes as well????
    Not exactly but you will be able to see an icon of the item inside the pattern's tooltip.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Will the Jabbering Bertha become a pattern? So that a person could enchant it?
    We could but it would lose its ability to talk when you did that.

Umuri: Can we get a brief explanation/rundown of the dev-side Tier system and how it relates to skulls? I've had to explain it about 30 times a week since artifacts mentioned specific tiers they drop from.
    Tiers = skulls

Daxxe Diggler: When will Krul be opened up to us?
    R39

Krullen: Can the town criers have a list of local vendors, like they do with lots?
    Yes

Boedy Arc: When will POT owner get more items to place???
    When performance improves

Solazur: when will we get the PoT tools? like the mythical "lawnmower
    Soonish

Ancev: Can any interesting resources or recipe materials be recovered by salvaging artifacts?
    Yes, including components

chuck5086: Will there be a vet reward system like UOs?
    Eventually

Umuri: Localization -> Is there still a JIRA to get a unique line Identifier put into the chatlog so parsers can work as multi-language by referencing the same ID across languages?
    Yes

Falconslantern: Could we get pack mule or mules to follow us around?
    Eventually

Kron Caledon: Can you please take another look at private vendor limits? 100 is too restrictive, especially for shared vendors
    Vendors have a certain value at the moment. If we adjust the limits that will change the relative value of them.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Will there ever be additional animations for the butcher crafting table? There's currently an avatar carving air.
    Eventually

Andreas Whitefire: When Will Oriental style Furniture be out to go with out houses? Yes, I know I have an item I must texture and send in, Im just wondering what has been done so far.
    No current ETA

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Will all assets have patterns someday? (furniture, walls, for example)(edited)
    Not literally all but many will.

Kron Caledon: can we add a search and list option in the recipe book?
    Yes

Opal Luna(Samantha): Can we make it so that people can not see us online/location on friends lists? Sometimes I like to introvert
    Yes

Contessa: Will there be something implemented in the game for better guild communication? Would like to be able to send mail or have a motd. Also, can you fix the time-stamp for last online for guild management?
    Yes

Ravnos FelRidden: When will the visual animation bugs while holding pipes and walking canes and interacting with any other objects (instruments, lighting pipe, and now opening chests) be fixed?
    Yes

Falcon Rainfeather: Could we have the ability to use mine carts to haul ore and gems?
    Eventually

Chey: Any plans for having treasure hunts with a map?
    Yes, eventually

Solazur: Would it be posible to have a selection switch for the default row houses? For example be able to have all the rows be the Asiatic/shogun type. Hope that made sense.
    Yes, eventually

HogwinHD : Could you ask Fire Lotus To ask if there are any plans to introduce some kind of PVp Leaderboard in Game?
    Yes

blaquerogue: Can we have some minor artifact drops in lower areas?
    Chris: I will be tuning artifact drops heavily in R39 as well as adding new artifacts. Currently they can drop off of creatures as low as T3.

Contessa: Do the rare artifacts drop only in mmo?
    Chris: Artifact drop rates are equal in all versions of the game currently. In the future, some of the more powerful and rare items will move to be limited to a certain number of drops per day or week by the server. Those will become more rare online than offline.

Contessa: Will there ever be a way to see how many people are playing the game actively and their levels?
    Perhaps.

Schneider DragonFang: Concerning receiving patterns from pledge items by salvaging, does this extend to the uber powerful Founder and Royal Founder Crystal Sword? If so when salvaging a pledge item for a pattern, is it a 100% chance to receive said patern from the salvaged pledge item.
    It does not include the Crystal Sword. Since that is a special one use item it is excluded from this system. To answer your other question when you salvage an item with an Eternal Pattern you always get the pattern.

chuck5086: The coconut horse is great, but will it be changed or effected once real mounts are added?
    It will stay as it is. You may not know this but players don't like it when you take stuff away from them...

Rufus D'Asperdi: Can Patterns be applied to existing completed items?
    Yes that is the whole point.

Ancev: Are "Vile" weapons just a different looking style of weapon or do they support unique enchantments perhaps?
    Just a visual variant ala the Patterns system

Brent Sasz: Can you attach a paper doll to our Player Vendors? Currently, the game looks like the SOTA version of Children of the Corn
    Vendors will be customizable

Lord Andernut: Can we make Crystal Swords tradeable but put them on a cooldown similar to immortality fruit?
    We could but that is not a good use of our resources

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Will robes become craftable soon? We need normal long sleeve versions of robes.
    Eventually

Corp Por: speaking of this new armor molds.. will taking a pledge item for its new mold, also allow it to become dyable?
    No.

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: How does the reveal spell work? It seems like it may require a player to have an extremely high reveal spell skill if another player has a high stealth.
    Main problem is that the current range is way too short, we plan to greatly extend it in R39.

Chey: Do you have a plan to mix different music "amb*iance vs music vs music vs combat etc" thx you
    Yes

Umuri: Will adding a visual to weapons/armor increase the ransom value?
    No

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: @Chris When will body parts no longer be part of the ransom system?
    After Q1

Dragonhart Wyrmkin: What about jewelry boxes... they only hold gold or gems, rings and necklaces... small items.
    Interesting idea

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Question: Pet Patterns that work in the taming system? Also can we get a Ghost Imp?
    Interesting suggestions

Lord Andernut: When will we see more maps in-game?
    Hopefully soon but likely after Q1

Justyn: Do we have an eta for armor and weps to be placed as deco items?
    We will have some examples for R40 but the bulk will be after Q1 at this point

Solazur: when will we be able to have mobs spawn i PoT's?(edited)
    After Q1

Umuri: With patterns going in, examine will become more important. Will we be fixed this so it shows proper stats on equipment you examine on others?
    Eventually

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can you tell us anything else regarding the Blessing system? Will there be limited Blessing patterns available in the add-on store?
    Blessings will be tied to the Virtues. They will not be part of the patterns system

Brent Sasz: Just out of curiosity: Can you tell us anything about that Blunderbuss I saw in the standup notes?
    It's a type of ranged weapon

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos: Can you please create drops that are horrible? Like if you're fighting a dragon you have a chance of getting a trout, a handful of coal and some worms?
    Some would argue that a lot of our drops are already horrible.... :)

Schneider DragonFang: In order to make pvp more accessible to all players regardless of lvl or gear, have you look at a pvp system where once a player flags or enters a scene their gears stats and skills are capped so everyone is on a level playing field. Sort of how guild wars operated.
    Yes but not in scope for Ep 1

Paulie Walnuts: Any plans to make Chess boards playable for anyone who visits the house? Like a way to move the pieces without having to add them to the house permissions and risk them stealing the pieces ETC?
    Yes eventually

Bowen Bloodgood: Will we ever be able to craft our own orrery?
    Yes eventually

Bowen Bloodgood: How about those planet names? How about a hint? Inquiring minds still want to know!
    Richard hasn't finalized them yet

Bowen Bloodgood: Any chance of being able to craft green cheese? (preferably moon shaped )
    ha! Funny

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Awesome answers - thanks!

Hope you slept!

I understand that there are curving roads and designs that may come for town roads. What would REALLY help some town builders like myself - and I would think be fairly low-hanging fruit would be to allow us to have longer length pavers. I'd buy more if I wasn't at the maximum limit.

ie. A Crafting Recipe to combine lengths of pavers into 2,3,4,5 or 6 length pavers.

No curves requested, just the ability to have longer pavers (and therefore a smaller decoration count and a larger metropolis layout - I would also be purchasing boats and other decorative items if I wasn't maxing out at 240 bone white pavers in my town).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  3. DarkStarr

That is what road sized pavers are. I'm not sure what you are asking for that is different from what we are building.

Hornpipe and MrBlight like this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

#truth :D

You made me snort my cup of tea.

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

@DarkStarr thanks for answering my question... another question about room rental in R39... will it work with rooms with no doors like the Shogun 4-Story Row Home... Thanks ^^

6. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Thanks for answering the questions Chris and Drakstarr - looking forward to what's next!

For those interested: PVP Redux of the OP

Corp Por (and others): What is the plan to drive the people who want to PvP or the people who don’t to attempt risk PvP with some new incentives, like making collected body parts have an in-game effect on the person you’re fighting?
    We are planning on further increasing the resource yields in Shardfalls and Ruins as well as increasing the numbers and difficulties of the enemies. We are also going to be adding some PVP focused artifacts that can only be found in those areas. Additionally we are going to be adding named bosses to all those scenes and some of them will have unique weapons with unique gear patterns.

MrBlight: What are the current plans regarding Virtue in PVP, and will it create a faction vs faction based system? Or are you relying on player generated content?
    Vallo Frostbane: Will there be more conflict in Virtue vs Anti Virtue battles?

The finale of the story has some direct ties to Virtue and PVP that we do not yet want to reveal.

Duke Avery: Are there any game mechanics specific to PVP yet to be implemented and made public and if yes, can you tell us about them?
    Chris: While there are not many purely PVP specific game mechanics currently being worked on, we consider PVP when working any existing features. A prime example of a change that was made purely to make PVP more interesting was a complete re-work of the Gust mechanic. Also, the addition of heal debuffs as an effect (coming in R39) is heavily aimed at PVP.

MrBlight: What are the changes from the old initial promises, to what you plan into implement now, in regards to Guild Wars, Keep building/Castle building, siege equipment and the like?
    Vallo Frostbane: Will there be more sandbox content for guild politics (Kickstarter goal…)?
    Contessa: Could we get an area just for guild wars? Like an 8 v 8 arena where people could tag out and in. King of the mountain and instance only appears for the two guilds.

We do have Guild Wars now and we do plan to expand that feature over time to include features like a control point like setting where Guilds can fight over Castles and use siege weapons like catapults. We have no plans, nor did we make promises, to have any player castle building for Episode 1.

Vallo Frostbane: Will PVP and PVE stay intertwined sandbox style with consent (ala SWG for example) or do you plan to separate them from each other at some point?
    Yes, intertwined as it is now.

HogwinHD : Could you ask Fire Lotus To ask if there are any plans to introduce some kind of PVp Leaderboard in Game?

Yes

Schneider DragonFang: In order to make pvp more accessible to all players regardless of lvl or gear, have you look at a pvp system where once a player flags or enters a scene their gears stats and skills are capped so everyone is on a level playing field. Sort of how guild wars operated.
    Yes but not in scope for Ep 1

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of these questions. This is one of my favorite things that you guys do here.

I second this request. Would be great to always allow the default row lots, but then be given a list of options that the POT owner could check off as allow or not allow.

Please keep control point/regional economy in mind.

Love it.

Please make this integrated into the lore in a meaningful way.

Let's double down on that! I want to hear about someone killing a dragon for the first time and getting a copy of a book titled "My favorite foods that start with the letter F. By Smarmy Mcgillicutty" Chapter one, Figs! Chapter two, Falafel.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@DarkStarr, can we get more information about the scripting interface that was talked about in the postmortem?

10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Much appreciated for the answers.
    Very interested in the guild war features your talking about, and that sounds excellent. Very glad to finally have some elaboration about it.
    Though i do have one more question?

You say please do not exceed 3 questions, and ill avoid naming names.. but why is there 12, +3 during the video answered from a single player?

Was 3 questions just a suggestion? Can i add more next month then 3 if i have them ( i had some small ones that are easy yes or no i wish i had known i could add)

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm happy you're amused.. but it doesn't answer the question. ;)

12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

We do have Guild Wars now and we do plan to expand that feature over time to include features like a control point like setting where Guilds can fight over Castles and use siege weapons like catapults. We have no plans, nor did we make promises, to have any player castle building for Episode 1.

Missed a good one there Avery! Thats easily the answer i am the most excited for!

13. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

haha ... added

MrBlight likes this.
  14. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Skipped my question about launch... Considering it's talked about by RG in interviews and mentioned on multiple places on the steam store page i'm not sure why you can't just give a quick 'here's the expected launch timeline' or if you don't have anything set then just tell us straight up "we don't have a time set, the times that have been thrown around so far are just hopeful opinions"

Either way the communication about it would be appreciated.
    But I digress...

So you are ditching the 'traditional' stages of alpha, beta, etc. in favor of just going with Early access and then launch? That's cool, I can get behind that idea.

But then can you please, please, PLEASE clean up the terminology found all over the place. When you launch the game it tells you its 'pre-alpha', the Steam page says its 'pre-alpha' and talks about going into 'beta' after Q1 of this year, etc.

The reason this is important is because there is much confusion about where the game is actually at right now. Why is THAT important for you? Because if you want quality feedback and suggestions that are actually feasible and constructive we NEED to be able to give that feedback with a frame of reference. My (and others) suggestions for improvement will be a lot different knowing that we are coming close to launch time as opposed to if I thought we were still in some 'pre-alpha' stage with lots of time for big changes to core systems or mechanics.

You can see it on these forums every day where feedback or concerns or suggestions get often brushed aside with 'its still pre-alpha, there's lot's of time to go still!'. People are under the mistaken impression that there is still going to be an alpha building stage, and one or more beta stages for testing, when in reality what we have here is what is in place and what we have here is what we need to be giving feedback on for tweaks and polish in order to prepare for a looming commercial release.

Edit: My point here is not to be critical of anything, I know with multiple platforms and stuff its hard to keep it all straight, my point here is strictly that it would benefit you greatly in terms of getting much more quality feedback for everyone to be on the same page for timeline and stage of development :)

MrBlight and FrostII like this.
  15. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

One of my questions was skipped also:
    1. What are your plans to make PVP more inviting and fun for new or casual players?
    It was probably too broad to answer briefly. Still want to know though, since PVP feels like end-game exclusive content currently. I've put in a lot of hours and still don't stand a chance. Kinda lame...

Another of my questions was worded poorly:
    What I really wanted to know was:
    2. Are regional economies still possible with travel being so easy?

Thank you for taking the time to keep us all informed. Keep up the good work!

16. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Comment about the PM - I'm finally going through the PM and finally hit the 40 minute mark. I think the idea to allow dev+ access based on $ spent is rubbish and a very poor decision. It further erodes the value of KS backer's commitment to you. Limited deeds, water based housing, and now dev+ access (granted this was already partially devalued by way of the bundles). So, what's next on the hit list? Extra physical goods that just happened to be left over? o_O

My support of a future KS is non-existent at this point. Why should I bother with backing a KS when you'll just offer the same items 4 years in? As a KS backer, it is really disappointing to see this happen over and over again. :(

17. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

@Lord Andernut, correct me if I'm wrong,

I believe he means pavers other than the stone, which you commented was not planned. I know he uses white bone pavers in his town and I've been waiting to use inlaid pavers in mine. Andernut and myself have each held off on purchasing new pavers in favor of the road systems because we've both hit out decoration limit (In our metropolis sized towns) almost exclusively with pavers. It would be unfortunate if the road system forces us to choose between the premium pavers we've come to enjoy, or having decoration room to spare.

Lord Andernut likes this.
  18. DarkStarr

We will do other paver styles for in road sizes eventually but doing cobblestones (store) and rough stone (crafted) first.

19. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

@DarkStarr

What's with the Baron Von DarkStarr handlebars?

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  20. DarkStarr

The last time I grew my mustache this long was during the Kickstarter so I deemed this was about the right time to bring it back to invoke its power.

Solazur, Thwip, majoria70 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.