Royal Sceptre x 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xee, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I was wondering if anyone knows if owning two Royal Sceptres would allow for reduction of taxes 100% and if so if there is plans to limit people from owning more than one sceptre and or using more than one per lot?

2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Nope. Once a lot has been graced with a Sceptre, it can't be graced again for 30 days.

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

But it can be graced again with a different scepter.

So Yes!

David Thompson, majoria70 and Numa like this.
  4. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Conflicting information. So can or can't it?

5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

You can spam a lot with as many scepters as you can get your hands on.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

So, the next question is...

Once you use one and cut the rent in half... does the next scepter cut the balance in half (leavin gyou owing only 1/4 rent) or does it remove the other half?

Some of those with these fancy thingamajigs need to chime in and report!

7. Silis

Silis Avatar

So to be clear, a scepter doesn't actually affect the lot directly. It provides the owner of the lot with credit equal to half a month's taxes for the lot. The owner can then go apply the credit to their taxes. Currently there is no limit on the number of scepters that can be used but the devs have often reminded people that it is not intended and may change.

8. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Holy crap! Lol, I'll jack the price of scepters by answering this thread. I assumed everyone knew.

2 scepters = rent 100% paid.

9. _Twilight_

_Twilight_ Avatar

The scepter grants u a Tax credit on the plot you used on. You can then use the tax credits on any taxed plots you own.

So if you used 2 Scepters on a City taxed pot. Your account will have 100 plus k in Tax credits free to use on any plots.

Lesni likes this.
  10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Keep in mind that this may change. Since the original intent is to cut the tax price in half, not adding 1/2 worth of a monthly tax into the tax credit balance.

11. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Would be nice if you could just set the scepter to a lot and leave it there until you change. Lot would then be half price taxes until you change your scepter. And either only allow 1scepter bound to a lot, or two scepters = tax free lot.

Budner likes this.
  12. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I was under the impression that you needed a second account to use the two scepters as you could not use them on yourself. I had heard you can use two to make any lot tax free.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes this is true you can use 2 to make a lot tax-free. Some people do have more than one account and more than one scepter because they planned for it. It should not change, it was the reward of pledging for the scepters and was not cheap. It was, when I joined in Nov 2013 a $1600 Lord tier pledge for the game. ;). Luckily we had payment plans ;)

14. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I wonder if they will change it so that the taxes are halved at some point.
    So if I wave a scepter does it have a 1 month recharge time? (OK, I have never used it, don't lawyer me, bro! So do the tax credits you give to a lot expire?

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes

no

David Thompson and 3devious like this.
  16. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Actually it was planned for the scepter to half the necessary taxes on a lot, that is what we all bought (yes I have one too).

Help out a friend with this Royal Scepter, included in the Lord Pledge rewards. The Royal Scepter grants the player the ability to reduce the rent of any lot deed by 50% for one month. This item can only be used once per month.

However, port decided it was easier to give us half taxes in credit instead of changing the tax value associated with a lot. This is the only reason using 2 works, and really shouldn't be as such.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I really don't think there was or wasn't a plan on that as many things it was vague. And being able to use your scepter on someone else's lot would not work if too much dynamic is added to it. I only have one but our theater city lot needs help to exist. So I will disagree to messing with it or changing or fixing it to someone else's idea, which is imo. Also I have heard of some buying scepters for $300 real money and it is another example of an uprising happening if they are messed with at this point. I am sorry we came to the point of transactions before the game release myself because I wanted us to wipe before release but these things have hindered that and won't happen unless drastic measure happen due to that aspect and many things gone on in early access. So I have to advise to not mess with the scepter. ;)

stumps, Jonah Hayes and cartodude like this.
  18. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Actually, i will point out, i don't remember which hangout/telethon it was, but it was specified this was -not- intended behavior ages ago, and that it would be fixed at some point. Anyone who conducted trades after that fact did so under a big buyer beware warning.

It certainly wasn't the intended behavior that people have been exploiting/abusing the past few months, where they will put down a taxed city lot, wave scepter, pull up the city lot, then use that banked scepter money to pay for multiple row lots for free. Repeat as needed.

Retlaw and Rufus D`Asperdi like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Being the world's worst QA tester, because I am the world's worst at identifying exploits like this... Once I was educated through this thread on the details of how this works... even *I* suspected that this might be possible.

I've a POT and 2 scepters through Alt accounts... I could very easily do this... If you (apologies to @majoria70) feel I should therefore believe that this is how it ought to be, and wouldn't expect or complain about a major alteration in this mechanic, I'm afraid I will very adamantly need to disappoint you.

This is an exploit available to a very few and should be changed.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Barugon, Alley Oop and Retlaw like this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not going to agree with you at this point and you are welcome to fighting this if you see fit. Dev hangout is 'don't lawyer me bro' to say the least. Whatever happens this would be another one of those hits to the backer that we would have to adjust to. In the long run it will be what it will be. Carry on.

stumps likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.