Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting item weights and values.

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by brhanson2, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Noticed a few things and Im not following the logic. If I am missing something please let me know.

Animal collar is worth 40 gold. Add a silver ingot to it and its now worth 20 gold. Really?

Turn a piece of leather into 2 straps, total weight drops. Turn an ingot into a binding and the weight doubles. Really?

Many examples like this. Im hoping there is a pass scheduled on weights/values before release. Because this makes no sense to me.

2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I think they're balanced towards economy, promoting the sale of less refined goods while encouraging end products to be sold to Players instead of NPCs.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

For the online versions, crafting is meant to be a gold sink to encourage player to player economy. It will not be a sink in offline mode (though I do not think they have implemented this yet).

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Ok that one I can sorta see. But what about weights? I craft quite distance from the bank (cant afford my own house) and I make a lot of components at one time. Why do some components weigh more then their starting component and some weigh less?

5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I can only imagine because they picture refined goods being sold locally and raw resources being moved en masse. Again, it is surrounding how they want the player economy to work. It does rather kill the feeling of a living world though. Sometimes it is strange where designers choose game logic vs immersion in different aspects.

6. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I can understand them thinking refined goods should be sold locally. I just wondering why there is no logic to the weight. Start with a 1# piece of leather and make 2 straps, each weighs .5# for a total of 1#. Logical. Take a 1# ingot and make 2 bindings. Each binding weighs 1# for a total of 2#. Why would the binding double in weight?

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi brhanson2. So many things have not gotten attention with so much to do. I think we would make ourselves a bit crazy if we thought all the amounts were final take on it. Getting all values, weights, and amounts reasoned out is definitely a job that needs attention one day. I never think it is done, some things are just too crazy off at this moment.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.