Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Loading screen tip about Novia time

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Quenton, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

There's a loading screen tip that says:

"Every hour on earth is a day in Novia, Novia months are 1 earth day long, two weeks on earth is a year in Novia."

HOW CONFUSING. Change the whole thing to:

"1 hour on earth is 1 day in Novia. 1 day on earth is 1 month in Novia. 2 weeks on earth is 1 year in Novia.

Understanding time in this game is important.

Net, Gix and Rinaldi like this.
  2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Many of the tips on the loading screen are confusing. @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos created this post from 2016 about improving the tips.
    Toward the end of that thread, you can see some of the suggested edits for some of the tips.
    I was hoping the devs would make a google doc with all of the current tips, and a specific thread for suggesting edits, but that has not happened yet.
    In the meantime, I added your correction to this post of suggested edits (see tip # 65). This will hopefully make it easier for the devs to locate all of the suggested edits (if they plan to revise the tips).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's not confusing.. it's wrong. A Novia month is 28 Earth hours.. not 24. :)

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I had a read over that post and none of those suggestions really seem anywhere near as necessary as this one. I'm all about brevity, but this one needs some priority, especially since we're talking about a change to text - a quick fix.

Gix likes this.
  5. Gix

Gix Avatar

Speaking of text, I hope one of their coders will spare a few minutes of their time to fix the dreaded "(the default key is E)" when you can easily pull out the data from the player settings.

Parse the string of text to detect something like [key:interact] in the tip to replace it with the actual keycode.

Quenton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.