So NO physical rewards?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by VenicuS, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VenicuS

VenicuS Avatar

In reviewing my Pledge level (Collector), I've noticed that any references to the physical rewards have been removed (no mention of cloth maps, coins, boxes, and so on). This has me a little concerned, as this was one of the primary reasons I pledged in the first place, being genuinely excited about the prospect of breaking open a package that hearkened back to the days of Origin Systems, Infocom, and so on.

To be honest, I haven't tuned in to many of the community updates, so maybe I'm missing something that was discussed, and I can't find much about it in the forums other than a passing mention about finding a vendor, but have the physical rewards been 86ed at this point? As it is, I already feel like the single-player experience has taken a back seat (more like tossed in the closet, really) to all of the MMO functionality and features, and that, coupled with the potential shelving of the very rewards that got me excited about Shroud of the Avatar, lo these now few years ago, gives me serious pause about continuing my support of the venture.

But again, maybe I'm missing some important tidbit (they're on hold, they're delayed pending vendor acquisition, a new blackrock mine has to be located, or something along those lines), and I'm just being needlessly paranoid, but a sticky forum update from Richard or Starr letting the community know what the situation is would certainly be appreciated.

Acred, Bom, Beaumaris and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

All physical rewards expired during the Winter Reward Expiration Event on January 4, 2016 o_O If you pledged before that date, you are fine ;)

3. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

As far as I am aware of, you will still receive your physical items per pledge. You just have to make sure your address has been listed in your profile.:)

4. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

What Gabriel said.

If you want to know what physical rewards you are getting, use the spreadsheet Koldar made. It's in the Player Resources forum, and is pinned/stickied for easy access.

5. Kraxtor

Kraxtor Avatar

Any updates or news on when the physical rewards are likely to ship? I've been unable to locate that information. Thanks in advance for any help!

Acred likes this.
  6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

No news yet about physical items, noone has received anything, afaik.

Acred likes this.
  7. Kraxtor

Kraxtor Avatar

Thanks! All I can find is 'expected to ship later this year' in various Updates. As we've only got about 7 weeks left of the year, that's why I ask.

Acred likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Some things are made yet and others will be needing to wait to be made because they would be effected with the updates made to the game that will happen like maps for example. All the world is not in yet and yes the way it happened to work is that the multi player game is getting made mostly first. The offline game is being worked on as it can be though. No worries you will get your loot when they can get it to us. The ETA is not yet known ;)

Acred likes this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The rewards haven't been mailed out yet, but make sure that the shipping address on your account profile is up to date. They have been reminding people for that in every weekly newsletter email just to be safe.

Acred likes this.
  10. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

The official word on physical rewards is after the game is launched. So, kinda have to wait for the game to launch prior to getting a date for physical rewards.

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No need for concern.
    They were removed from the descriptions after the expiration events, this so that new purchasers wouldn't be tricked into thinking they were still part of the deal.
    So not removed from your pledge which was before then, just the descriptions.

Me, I would have really liked it if they just listed that stuff in the "Rewards" tab on our accounts which would save them worried players and a bunch of support tickets easily.

Lord Andernut likes this.
  12. Candor Atlantica

Candor Atlantica Avatar

The physical rewards look to be quite a cost to manufacture and mail out. I personally think Portalarium would be smart to offer digital items to replace those physical items to cut down on costs. It would be completely voluntary to forego your physical items. You would be offered an interface on your account screen and you could select the physical item that you would forego, then you would select from a list of digital items they could substitute. They would cut some costs, and those that want the physical items, would still get them. Just an idea.

13. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We have every intent of delivering the Physical Rewards when we do our Commercial Launch. We want to tie those two events together because we believe many people (including press) will take the delivery of physical goods (which as a reminder includes the actual box) as the trigger to review the game.

14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Resurrected from the 10th page of the wishlist forum!

iansmellios and Koldar like this.
  15. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

An actual box, wow!

Made me realize how much I have missed good boxes these past years.

Selene likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.