Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion for improved decorating experience

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Let me start by saying that I really hate decorating mode. I constantly move things by accident and it changes the behavior of dragging stacks. Did I mention that I hate it?

So here's my suggestion: allow moving decorations when not in decoration mode using by control+drag. In other words, if I want to pick up a placed decoration when not in decoration mode, I would hold down the control key and drag the decoration (similar to using the control key to drag a single item from a stack).

I'm not suggesting changing decoration mode in any way, only adding the control key usage when not in decoration mode. If this were implemented, I would remove the toggle decoration mode hotkey binding and never use that mode again. Happiness would ensue. Please consider it.

2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Ditto. I would love a hotkey as a modifier or a toggle, rather than having to go into the options menu for this! I am frequently adjusting and moving things, so I use the mode quite a bit. But accidentally move things too often if I leave it on.

Barugon likes this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I thought they talked about a "lock" mechanism that you can select to lock it into place and not worry about moving it. That was some time ago, probably jira 34,999 of 345,203.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You can make a hotkey for it, you shouldn't have to go into your menu every time. Mine stays off most of the time, then when I need it on? press =

5. Gix

Gix Avatar

Great... so that anyone who uses the CTL key for anything will accidentally do the thing they never wanted to do in the first place.

If decoration mode needs improvements, by all means change the mode; don't make others who don't want to be in decoration mode to decorate.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  6. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

hrm, cant say i understand why have the ability to move decorations in non deco mode...

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So then the solution (if Port doesn't mind another option in the options menu) is to have a toggle while IN deco mode, but not outside of it.

So if outside of Deco mode, no deco no matter what.

In Deco mode, if you set the On Hotkey option (like push to talk) you only move things when you have the hotkey pressed. Anyone without the hotkey option moves stuff in Deco mode as it currently works.

Gix likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Another reason I dislike decoration mode is that it changes the behavior of stacking and dragging items from stacks.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You mean out of the inventory and onto the world? Or just all the time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.