Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Seriously, take cover out of game till its fixed.

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Comon now, this is absolute garbage. if you dont have the info on what is wrong and cant fix it, take it out PLEASE. Do you realize how much this is hurting your game. If a car manufacturer pumped out cars that had a know issue engine, could not fix it, they would not be in business very long. They would instead use a different engine and find a way. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove cover, or fix it, do something, I hate this mid combat constant cover bug crap.

Salix, Gamician and Vox Aquila like this.
  2. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

What's the bug?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. null2

null2 Avatar

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LOL I love that pic kor. The bug is, sometimes all the enemies get constant cover, no matter where they are, what skills used, nothing they are hidden behind. Every single shot is cover, cover, cover. I have to zone or relog to fix it.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

PLEASE take this out of the game till you know whats wrong and can fix it, I am really sick and tired of buffing for a fight, just to find out its a constant cover bug fight, have to run, log out, resume, rebuff, try it again. Seriously, just take it out, its soooooooooooooo broken, and if you cant figure out whats wrong, why are you keeping it in the game with new players coming in?

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Have you been playing with Fastest video settings? I turned mine to beautiful and the problem vanished for me.

7. Makaryus Drach

Makaryus Drach Avatar

That's not a realistic alternative for most players.

8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I alerted the devs already with a bug report. Please do not take my statement as implying it is not a problem. I was simply offering what worked for my 5 year old mid-range laptop, and it actually had pretty minimal performance loss.

9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't think they should take this out of the game, fine to report your feedback on it, but come on, we have to test all things out. Remember where we are. Try a little patience to help.

11. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

We would not even know how cover is supposed to work.. So how should anyone test it? No one explained it so far.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Have we ever known? Sometimes it is better to not know because good ideas come that way, like what we don't like about something and what we do like about something. I think sometimes no one knows how something is going to work or what the possibilities are until they are in game. We all just do our best, but still to remember where we are. Only complaining about something makes no difference what so ever and why do I have to be the naggy one today *sighs*, isn't that someone elses job to keep us in line?:eek: ;)

Sir_Michael likes this.
  13. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Can you guys give me a spot in a map where this is not working? There was a bug on this that OneAndOnly fixed. This is probably a different issue though.

14. Rational

Rational Avatar

It would probably take videos to show when this fails to work as the users expect. I am seeing issues with this when the target starts out laying on the ground. It is almost always 'cover' for the first few shots ranged in this case - when it's pretty clearly line of sight 'not covered'. There are also issues when there are hills - like on the Deep Ravenswood lich area. It seems to think the hills are providing 'cover' - even when the thing shooting at you (and is lower in elevation) is able to shoot/cast right through the hill with no cover penalty. The "cover" seems to be calculated based on the enemy's feet location rather than their head? Hard to say, but often when the bottoms of their legs are covered, they get 'cover' - even when the mid-section definitely has open line of sight.

Zader, The Hendoman and Rennik like this.
  15. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Actually they did say how it works somewhere, I can't remember were... I'm looking and will link here when/if I find it.

Arrgh! I can't find it now. Maybe it was one of the videos?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ive had alot of problems with this but I honestly figure it was to even raged attacks with melee. I often encounter this in the rise on the stairs by the mage rooms if im shooting a mage where there is any table or pole I always have cover applied where they have none. Even if it looks like I have a clear shot between a wall and a table cover is applied.

Between misses and cover some times I feel like a melee archer ;)

17. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The deamon room in solania catacombs, the elemental room in chillbanes, the lich room in chillbanes, the mage room in the rise. Once it happens, I have to relog to fix it, everything has it until I do. It has cost me regs to rebuff, it has cost me time to relog, it has cost me exp from decay from dying in the lich room. The one time it was happening, I told attenwood and he showed up to try and find out what was going on, afterwards spawning 5 deamons on me all at once, getting me killed, losing exp from decay again. If this is what is going to happen when I try and help, I would rather not help anymore as I lose nearly 600k on death now.

18. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Guys - if a dev needs a location, the best way to give it to them is to go to the spot and type /bug which opens the bug page and copies a bunch of information, including your exact co-ordinates in the world, to your clipboard so you can just paste it into a post.

Obviously many of you won't be there anymore, so remember you can (should) do it immediately upon coming across any bug, all the time.

Zader, Sean Silverfoot and majoria70 like this.
  19. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

hurting the game :D I loled
    we are here to help get the game ready and rid of bugs incase you forgot @Mac2
    those big yellow letters in top left corner of your game is an indication of that

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  20. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

I asked a question about cover during the Spring Telethon. Chris answered in how it is supposed to work

. I believe it's about 9:33:15 (give or take a few seconds)

Sean Silverfoot and Tiina Onir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.