Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting exceptional items

Discussion in 'Release 40 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Mar 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really feel that we should get the exceptional chance even when we craft in batches.

K1000, Lord Andernut, Arc and 6 others like this.
  2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I really feel the same.

K1000, Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  3. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

I vote opposite, an expecptional item should take an added effort.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

An exceptional item should, but exceptional items only result from a small selection of crafting activities. Exceptional iron bindings are indistinguishable from non-exceptional iron bindings. Exceptional wood pulp is identical in every respect to non-exceptional wood pulp.

5. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

Sorry, no idea what you are trying to say here. If you mean currently you can get "exceptional" components that have same values (you only see this via the chat log), that is only because of the current state of development.

I think if you want to make something slightly better and have increased value, you need to put in the effort and not make it easy for someone to sit there and farm out batches of them. I believe this is what they intend and I am voicing my agreement with the current system :)

6. Anzha Lyu

Anzha Lyu Avatar

I don't take issue with the needing-to-not-batch. That's fine.
    I do think that a 'grandmaster' of a trade should be making exceptional items more often than not, 25% is far, far too low, especially since with the RNG you can easily craft 10 pairs of boots and not have an exceptional come up. Because items like boots and gloves have such low base durability, nonexceptionals are essentially junk, and wasting 100 beetles and not getting a single workable piece is far too punitive.

cyathome and uhop like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, extra clicks, extra stress on your wrists means your worthy of getting that tiny bit of extra experience. Check.

8. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

Lol, It's a game and I am basing my opinions on that. If you experiencing physical pain from this process, you might consider curbing your behavior!

It's not a tiny bit of experience. My +1 crafted items are a HUGE benefit as a base for enchanting. And this is a long term driver for the economy.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't see how double click... click... double click... click... double click... click... is adding any value to the experience, economy or the game in general. Adding a load of extra mouse clicks does not make it more meaningful.

10. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I'm not sure why it isn't clear to you. If you craft an exceptional iron binding you get far more XP than if you craft a non-exceptional iron binding. The same applies to any non-end product.

As I said, an exceptional iron binding is indistinguishable from a non-exceptional iron binding.

And I am saying the current system should only apply to crafting outputs where an exceptional item is actually different from a non-exceptional item. For refined materials and components you should get the extra XP from exceptionals even when bulk crafting.

Barugon likes this.
  11. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I'd like it to stay the same. Reasons for this is I farm a lot of materials with friends and we have a rather large pool. It would make it too easy for people to get to GM if it wasn't for the way it was now. As well allowing batches to do so would increase the number of GM's enough to flood the markets. The idea of having to earn the GM should remain as a slow growth.

12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

The problem is how much do we want to turn this game into another job? Or create a game that's entertaining?

Isn't that the point of playing a game? :)

I feel there are plenty of gold and time munching activities in the game. Why make it harder? We want people to enjoy their online activity. Right? :D

K1000 likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Please elaborate on how it would make it too easy for people to get to GM.

14. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I think the current system could use a tweak. Making a ton of items to get exceptional is one thing if your after the exceptional item to begin with, however if your making items trying to gain crafting from actually crafting then it's extremely punishing to make them one at a time to try and get the relatively small xp bonus. Letting us have the xp bonus while leaving the output as a regular item when batch crafting would help a lot.

15. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

You seem to have cut your quotes around a key part of my post, here is the whole sentence again:

From what I understand the intention is for there to be an actual difference, there will eventually be an iron binding +1 (that gives you slightly higher stat increase in final product), in those compent, etc. outputs.

16. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I've made that specific suggestion and asked that specific question of the devs and been told that no, there won't.

Sir Brenton likes this.
  17. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

currently it takes a lot of time to level up master crafting as it should be. The games player markets are designed to reward people based on what they accomplish and the time they put in to get there. Automating such things would increase the speed in which people accomplish this task creating more GM's on the market which would eventual flood it sooner than it needs to be. There are people in game that grow over 10,000 cotton a day. if they had batch processing with chance to master craft we would all be competing against operations that most can't afford. The people with money would win. currently a it is they are on fair ground for crafting other than they have more materials. they are more likely to sell material for profit vs processing all of it manually.

The game is still entertaining, and for some of us it is an after hour job. This game is designed around supply and demand as well rarest and one of a kind. It has two halves to the game, adventure and crafting. That is what drives the economy of this game. There is a real player market which has USD cash value. Those of us that spend hours upon house crafting do it to make big transactions/trades, as well to create online stores and shops for adventurers. Just like the crafting houses are the same; not every person will ever own a deed, there is a limit in place to create a demand and market for real-estate. everything in the game is designed to be like that of survival game. you earn your way to the top, nothing is instant gratification, everything about this game is designed to be a challenge. It gets easier and faster once you level up. There is no fast track to the top like other games.

This is just my thoughts on how I see it.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Again, you're making a statement without offering any explanation of how it would make it faster or easier to GM. Crafting in batches is already there and you already get experience for every item made. It's already automated.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  19. StarWeed

StarWeed Avatar

Consider wolf hats. They award ~100xp, or ~500xp for exceptional. They cost 24igg of wax and a ~20igg wolf head and a ~5gp leather piece, ~4igg salt. ~50igg total

A batch of 20 hats gives you ~2k XP, 20 individual hats at 25% rate gives you ~4k. Close to double the XP.

Since it takes 1m xp to GM a crafting skill, it would cost 500k igg to sit in front of a table and build up a pool for a skill this way, or 250k under the bulk-exceptional proposal. Or $70 vs $140 in pay to win terms

Edit: math is from memory so could be wrong, but in my experiments except pool reward is 5x so the 2:1 ratio is correct regardless of nuance

20. StarWeed

StarWeed Avatar

I think the correct fix for that is to stop boards from awarding exceptional bonus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.