Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]Blood Bay teleport to Lord Andernut @ New Britannian Market

Discussion in 'Release 40 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Sentinel2, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

1. Title: Blood Bay teleport to Lord Andernut @ New Britannian Market
    2. Reproduction Rate:100% so far
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details:While at Blood Bay, I tried four times to teleport to Lord Andernut at the New Britannian Market when the client crashed.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Starting at Blood Bay @ Area: Blood Bay (Novia_R3_Island01_01) Loc: (-281.6, 18.7, 640.1), I would teleport to Lord Andernut using one of my teleport scrolls. Tried it four times. Crashed all four times.
      Ran /debug. I was able to start loading the scene, it was crashing at Equipping Avatars. Loaded to 94% complete. I didn't see anything come up yellow or red in debug during my teleport attempts however.
      So I used a recall scroll instead. Debug recorded the below information while I recalled to Etceter.
    6. User Specs:OS: Ubuntu 14.04
      CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8310 Eight-Core Processor
      GPU: GeForce GTX 960
      RAM: 16 Gigs
      Running QA.Linux.64.478.Date.03.27.17
    7. Debug errors: repeatedly recorded.
      CollisionMeshData couldn't be created because the mesh has been marked as non-accessible. Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "polySurface5009"

Time
      ====
      20:07:06.833

StackTrace
      ==========

CollisionMeshData couldn't be created because the mesh has been marked as non-accessible. Mesh asset path "" Mesh name "polySurface5009"

Time
      ====
      20:07:06.867

StackTrace
      ==========

The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

Time
      ====
      20:07:23.089

StackTrace
      ==========

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Dialog_InventoryListUI') is missing!

Time
      ====
      20:07:23.091

StackTrace
      ==========

Instantiated dialog does not have a DialogUI component

Time
      ====
      20:07:23.102

StackTrace
      ==========

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can try/test.

2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Update!

So I recalled to Etceter and hoofed it to New Britannian Market. @94% the client crashed entering the town. :/

So nothing to do with teleporting. However, the market is closed to me :-(

I did enter other towns to see if it was a larger problem. others worked just fine. (Nearby Finchfield loaded just fine). Something "special" about this town however...

3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Perhaps loading the New Britannian Market should become a standard regression test for QA.

Lord Andernut likes this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Are you seeing the same problem Womby? I've tried it several times already with the same results.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Could you describe the crash? Are you getting any messaging? Does it close to desktop? Does it just hang at 94%?

We are not reproducing this issue internally.

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Hello,

I didn't see any odd messages on the screen. I did see several yellow and red category messages recorded in debug (posted in the inital report above). At 94% it closes to desktop. At which point I relaunch the client. I was able to reproduce this several times. However it seems to happen only with this town (so far). I've tried to enter others on the QA server. No problem.

Tonight I'll work with it some more and see if I can provide any further information. Let me know if there is anything else I can check on.

thanks!

7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've patched to QA.Linux.64.479.03.28.17 now. At 94% it closes to desktop and I'm now seeing the following warning from debug when I enter the town.

PlayerSpawnLocation: Exceeded wait time of 10 seconds for PlotManager.IsOkToPlaceLocalPlayer.

Time
    ====
    16:45:32.410

StackTrace
    ==========

hope it helps.

One more note. I'm checking other local towns. While I'm able to login to them fine. I'm seeing the following spammed in debug.

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

Time
    ====
    16:56:09.111

StackTrace
    ==========

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Looks like this is working properly now when entering the town. No crash however I did notice a number of errors in the player log. Not sure if it's important however here you go.

---

Local player equipment load time: 00.1 secs
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at VirtueLight.CheckVirtue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

10:53:55 PM: Equipment load complete. Loop Counter:254
    The file 'none' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [Position out of bounds!]

(Filename: Line: 214)

The file 'none' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    [Position out of bounds!]

(Filename: Line: 220)

QueuedOutgoingCommands: 4
    10:53:56 PM: Hiding Loading Screen...
    TimeToLoadLevel, SceneName=POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template, TimeToAvatar=28.1, TimeToFadeIn=42.9, PrefabLoadTime=2.8, ResourceLoadTime=0.8, AvatarLoadTime=13.2, SceneLoadTime=20.5, JoinTime=0.6, GameManager=0.2, VideoMemory=2048, SystemMemory=15949, FirstTime=False
    Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

(Filename: Line: 370)

10:53:58 PM: Fading in...

10:53:59 PM: AsyncLevelLoad Completed!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at VirtueLight.CheckVirtue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

hope this helps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.