Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New "I have a quest" animation

Discussion in 'Release 40 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Sheamus McGuinness, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Perfect! This is a great happy medium between hand holding and not. It catches the eye, but does not kill immersion and does not seem "automatic" like questing in other mmos.

Barugon and Alley Oop like this.
  2. uhop

uhop Avatar

I didn't get it the first time. I thought that Samuel is doing some fun magic for his own amusement, because he was doing it sitting with his back to me. Then I have noticed some other guy doing it too (again facing away from me), so it got me thinking that I should talk to them.

Interestingly enough, they refuse to talk to me (considering that the quest is done?) thanking me instead. Yet they still do it. Now I have no idea how to get to Malice again. :-(

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If they do the sparkly hand-wave motion (or glow blue, I think that's still an option you can set) there is a quest flag associated with them that you qualify for and have not yet completed.

4. uhop

uhop Avatar

Yet they refuse to talk to me. If I am insistent, they "connect", but "busy", so there is no conversation. How can I overcome this?

I did go to Malice and freed Sequanna, but this time I decided to repeat the quest starting with Necropolis, then on to Crypt of Avatar, then to Spite. While I did practically the same things, this time I got some EXP --- I guess the previous time the quest was pretty much broken. But now in Spite I am stuck and cannot test the rest of it.

PS: They === Samuel and the guy, who transports dead people to Malice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.