Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is it me, or has the rate of Focus regen slowed down *AGAIN*

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by JohnL, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

I've not played my usual XP farming scene for a few days and today, I have to say the extremely slow rate of Focus regeneration made the game quite disjointed and unenjoyable. After each monster I killed I was forced to retreat to a safe place and wait for a minute or two while my focus recovered. I just had to hope that the monster didn't respawn while I was recovering. If I got attacked part way through a melee, I'd often run out of focus completely!

This did not happen last week! Whatever has changed, please can it be changed back!! :(

On a similar theme, I made one of my periodic forays into Elysium Mine yesterday. This too was considerably harder that my previous visits. It may be the same focus regen issue or it may be that my skills have been de-buffed in some way or perhaps the monsters in the mine have been strengthened. On previous visits I've been able to survive and gather gems and ore, providing I was careful. This time I died 3 times and needed several regeneration potions.

This game is hard enough! Please don't make it any harder.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I have not notice any obvious change in focus regen rate (not that it's great compare to before).

One possible explanation could be that your active skills level go up and they now consume more focus than before.

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  3. Absolum

Absolum Avatar

Try using the shrine of Honor. It gives +1.5 combat focus regeneration for 10 hours.

4. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

Thanks for the replies.

My concern isn't that I can't adapt and work around the change (for example, I always eat Bear Surprise before entering Elysium Mine), it's that the change seems to have occurred and I wasn't aware of it. I've got a fairly methodical XP farming regime and I tend to stick to it, but now I have to take regular breaks to recover focus, which are noticeably longer than they were a few days ago.

And while I'm moaning, can I also ask what has happened to Auto-attack? This seems to have disappeared in the last few days. Is there some notification that I'm missing or are the Devs just fiddling with stuff, to make my life more awkward? :(

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Nothing has changed since then. You must have toggled your auto attack off. I remapped my keys, so I'm not sure what the default is, but you just need to toggle it back on.

Also nothing has changed with focus regen since then either. Maybe the issue with auto attack is causing both problems?

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Also you can currently stack 2 different tiered foods at the same time, so in addition to the bear surprise, you can eat some bear steak and potatoes to get even more strength and focus regen.

7. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

Err, OK, feeling slightly foolish now.

The auto-attack option in the options, game menu isn't there any more. While searching through the options, command menu I discovered "Toggle Attack" which I've not seen before. Low and behold, pressing 'T' has restored my auto attack. This is probably what caused my difficulties in Elysium Mines. However, it doesn't explain the slower than expected focus regen times. I will explore further.

Thanks for all of the comments.

Beaumaris likes this.
  8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I've not noticed anything of that sort. If anything, focus has gotten easier for me. But I have recently locked my actives at 80 and took my Train Intelligence from 56 to 76 and swapped out my +4 dex helm for a +2 int helm with some bonus focus. Took me from out of focus in a single combat to being able to handle a minor chain/respawn event. If I eat food (currently favoring the Ardoris Coleslaw), then I tend to be golden for focus and any deaths I encounter are usually because I am going up-level or got myself involved with too many enemies at once. With food, my regen rate is usually good enough to go for four or more combats without having to drop out of combat and rest.

One thing to note: Watch for Cover bugs. If you play on Fastest graphics settings they happen a lot from what I've seen. That bug eats focus alive since it minimizes your damage dealt per skill use.

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Heres a secret (well really not), but you should have aetheric feedback on your bar at all times. When you finish a few fights and are low on focus pop it, then exit attack mode, in a few seconds you are gaining 20 focus per second and you are back in battle in moments.

Besides that, you need to be setting up your deck to stack your main gliffs to be more focus efficient.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't have any issues with focus regeneration as long as I hit up a honor shrine and eat a wolf and lamb chops before fighting.

Spexs likes this.
  11. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

Apologies for the confusion, what I thought was a lack of focus regen turned out to be a simple lack of auto-attack.

On my regular early morning XP farming run I found that my focus levels were back to normal. I can only conclude that as a fumble-fingered avatar I need auto-attack to cover up my own combat inadequacies and that without it, I was burning more focus per monster kill than normal - hence the abnormally low levels of focus and the longer regen times.

Thanks for all the tips on maximising focus. I've made up a batch of Bear Steak & Potatoes and I've had a play with aetheric feedback, the description in the skills tree when I learned it isn't quite clear. But a quick experiment with my practice dummy shows that I can get at least 30% more attacks in before my focus is depleted. :D

Adam Crow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.