Experience Tables - Full Spreadsheets

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Sir Leonard, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

I could be wrong but, the numbers look off ...

I was under the impression that Tame Creature took alot more xps than other skills, yet it has the same xp amounts as alot of other skills and even less than some of them.

2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Well, it will be hard for them to change these values (because it now affects players progression), but i got all save files ready to check. Sure, if the change the amount required i'll be glad to update the values. :)

3. Sir Leonard

Not for individual levels...

I tried SEVERAL methods of interpolating the values, used approximation curves, etc., but without the actual tables from devs itself, it's been proved a kinda worthless effort, because the accumulated imprecision of interpolating values on higher levels is too great to be acceptable... and because of particularities on offline save files, i can only provide accurate values for accumulated experience of a given level, hence the "checkpoints" i made on that sheet.

4. Sir Leonard

Nope, i guarantee they are as precise as possible (tested each value ingame). Maybe it is just your impression from how each individual skill consumes your pool to progress.

5. Armar

Armar Avatar

Those are saved on the client?! I hope i did understand something wrong here...

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

He's using data from the offline mode. Right now there shouldn't be any different between the two modes yet.

7. Jonah Hayes

Jonah Hayes Avatar

For those interested, the exact formula for the needed XP for a adventuring or crafting level is:

Previous Level XP + 10% of Previous Level XP + 10 XP [rounded down]

If you start level 1 at 0 XP, it'll fit to the tee with the numbers found by Sir Leonard.

Happy calculating for those interested :)

Vox Aquila likes this.
  8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

[​IMG]

9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I'm having some divergence. A value of 10 works perfectly. Other values diverge, though. Otherwise my super-duper all encompassing experience spreadsheet is coming along nicely. It's the kind of spreadsheet Chris would not like.

Jonah Hayes likes this.
  10. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

To those who don't understand how Sir Leonard got this information, let me try to explain it a bit.

When you play in offline mode and use the "Save Game" feature, the client saves a text file (it will be named xxxx.sota) that it loads the next time you "Load Game". This text file has all of the information about your character, all of you experience earned, skills you have, items you own, properties you own, etc. Pretty much anything to do with character progression is saved in one nice (editable) text file. Even the location you were when you saved it last (nice for loading into the game at any particular spot you want.)

So, if you want to change your level 1 Tame Creature Skill to level 100, all you need to do is find out which skill id number it is, then edit the number in the brackets... look for something like this --> {"x":1024, .... and change it to something like this --> {"x":1212424, ... to adjust the xp value you want that skill to have. After you make your changes, save the .sota file and close it. Now you can load the offline mode client, load the saved game file you just saved, then click the resume button. Your "K" sheet will now display your skill as level 100.

I explained that this was possible when I figured it out a while ago, and I posted about it here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/skill-max-limit.59744/#post-669613 back in October.

To manipulate the saved game file is easy, but it is very time consuming to determine all of the skill ID's and was probably a major PITA trying to find the accurate XP milestones for each level in Sir Leonard's spreadsheet.

@Sir Leonard - One thing you should be aware of that I discovered a long time ago... The skill ID's can and have changed as the game develops. I started recording a bunch of them that I discovered through trial and error, then after the next patch I went back to continue my efforts and found out that they had changed. This was around the time they added a few new skills and moved some around in the trees a little. Just wanted you to be prepared in case it happens again. ;)

11. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I know there was a google doc floating around that showed how much experience you needed to gain for each adventurer level. Does anyone have a link to it?

Thanks and thank you for these fantastic spreadsheets! I live by them!

12. Jonah Hayes

Jonah Hayes Avatar

13. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Here's the current version of the spreadsheet I use. Let's see if the link works...

SotA XP Levels

The first 74.5 levels of the first sheet are actual values taken back in the day when XP's per level were displayed below the paper doll. I made it up to level 74 before that came to an end. The balance are estimated values at the level +10% formula. That is why they are in italics.

The second sheet is the incomplete XP for creatures.

The third and fourth sheets were added recently based upon the work in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  14. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

Hi all,
    thanks a lot for your effort!
    Small input from my side to translate in hours of grinding.
    For adventurer XP I think the hourly rates differ too much - from say 5K for a beginner to up to 2M for control point dominators.
    However for producers XP the hourly gain is quite limited:
    AFAIK tier5 node mining is the best way to grind producer XP - please correct me if I am wrong.
    A decently experienced miner (90+ on mining and swift) should get around 40K XP per hour in R37 (limited mainly by respawn, not by tools or meticulous).
    It might differ somewhat on the exact level, respawn rate and tools, but I assume not by much.
    So to train 1 (normal) skill to L60 takes <1h, L80 4-5 hours and L100 30 hours.
    Also to train ALL crafting skills to L60 only costs a little bit more than 1 skill to L100 GM ~ 34 hours.
    As a conclusion my goal will be to have all skills >L60, the main ones (which I really use) > L80 and some (depends on my play/grind time) at GM level

15. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

A lot of people were requesting I make my modified version of Sir Leonard's last sheet more accessible, so I protected all of the ranges save for the ones you can edit (The green fields).

Additionally, I went ahead and added the two new enchanting skills EXP requirements. Again, the original data and sheet layout is thanks to Sir Leonard, I just edited the spreadsheet and threw in some functions to do the math automatically for the user.

Here's the sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G8vSCqjGbZzvUhnN-vmNjTK2dRTbkb4d98V3D7e2a1E/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone can edit the green fields to get the amount of EXP they need from Level X to Level X, but if you want it to save numbers for you personally, make a copy. (File > Make a Copy). This requires a google account, but is great for tracking character progress and requirements. Enjoy!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  16. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

This is awesome!!!

17. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Thanks so much for this! :)

One note- There are a few errors in the subtotal sections where the range crosses over into a different section, thus falsely increasing the total. Looks like the grand total is correct though!

18. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  19. Ajacied1987

Ajacied1987 Avatar

This thread is nice, GG OP

20. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

If you wanted to add a column calculating the max xp decay effective R43 per @Chris, here is the formula for the Blade Mastery row calculated from the level input into Column I. Once copied into the field, you can copy and paste from there.

=IF(I5<41,J5*0.0025*0,IF(I5<81,J5*0.0025*0.5,IF(I5<101,J5*0.0025*1,J5*0.0025*2)))

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.