15% Account Credit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lheiah, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Right... but, theoretically, that could mean "that you buy as a gift" or "that you receive as a gift". ;) I think you're probably right, but it doesn't hurt to ask for clarification. It's not the first time people would have been mistaken in what was meant.

2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

It doesn't say by the level or tier or title... it says by amount. That's what leads everyone to thinking it's a dollar amount. They could have used any term and chose "amount" which would imply a dollar amount.

BillRoy likes this.
  4. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

Yeah, I agree. I think some people are reading too much into the prioritization by pledge amount. The logistics of implementing a system down to the individual dollar are just too complex, so it is more likely that they will just implement house placement waves by pledge tier.

5. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Richard said multiple times during the end of Kickstarter that $501 would have higher priority than $500. This was done to get people to add $ at the last minute and it was definitively stated and I and others added money for this purpose. It was also an issue that some people wanted to do this through the SotA site but did not have a way to do it (unless that has since changed).

That being said, I imagine they will still assign time slots in bunches, but the list of people as they are divided should still be in the order of actual dollar amount, and not simply by pledge tier, unless they fail to implement what they specifically promised. (Since people gave money just for that reason, that would be pretty lame of them.) It was also stated that Kickstarter backers would have priority over others in house placement, per Dallas:

"All backers during the 30 day campaign that concluded on April 7 will have priority property selection over any and all backers that came after April 7."
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts/462692

6. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Well, that's not really the case because the statement Dallas made was after April 7, so no one pledged with information that they would go before later backers. Those pledges were already in place beforehand.

People were irritated that the new Edelmann ($550) tier offered after kickstarter ended would mean that new backers would jump ahead of citizens, putting pressure on existing citizens to also up their pledge or else lose 'their place.' As a show of support for the game's initial backers, they decided the should have priority placement over anyone else, regardless of pledge amount.

That bit of information lacking in the FAQ may be a problem for later backers. For initial backers, we did not give any additional money for the privledge, though, and for us it would just be a disappointment that they can not follow through that decision because of poor organization and writing.

Personally, I have too many real things to worry about that I'm not going to get in a huff if either a later backer or a person that got a free 15% bump gets to go before me. Unfortunately, every time people take up arms and Portalarium tries to appease them, it just causes more trouble- so I am just along for the ride. I knew that my pledge did not equal any specific purchase and in my opinion everything they have done thus far has been in good faith.

Chirp and Atlaua like this.
  7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Actually the FAQ does say that in a different place... Dame Lori is correct.

8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Well, I cannot seem to find it now... I can assure you that I read it but it has vanished from my memory on where I read it. Just as a heads up I do remember reading it somewhere!

Dame Lori, do you have a source link?

9. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

licemeat and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Jambo and Dame Lori like this.
  11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Dame Lori likes this.
  12. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

licemeat likes this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

Since the official FAQ isn't going to be updated any time soon, I think I'll plug my idea again about community-managed FAQs in these forums.

Each forum topic should have a sticky post that has a continually updated unofficial FAQ post where info like this can be added, with links to official comments/sources. It would also contain oft-asked but unanswered questions collected from the community. No debates or discussions in the thread, just questions and if available, their answers from offiicial sources (no hearsay / second hand info).

ziboo and licemeat like this.
  14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I think you should get over it. You agreed to a price and helped support this game. All the department stores are doing the same thing! You don't see shoppers crying their eyes out because they could have bought those beautiful boots with the silver buckle for 50% less this week, and then complain to the management and the rest of the world because that is unfair that somebody else has the same boots as you but for less $$$.

So stop crying your eyes out, and let this game get funding any way it can so they can develop a game that draws lots of people to play along with us. In fact why not take advantage of these deals yourself since you had the same opportunity to upgrade and buy stuff as anybody else!!! Pledge Lord of the Manor because you'll get the best discount for pledging that tier. 15% of 11k is $1650.00 of savings. Act now and you too can be Lord of the Manor.

15. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I havent bought anything from the shop but I'm sure someone wrote that add-ons are marked up as pledges so making your total investment rise,this may be so Portalarium are not liable to pay tax on shop purchases.

16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

They have said clearly that add-on store purchases are NOT part of pledges and FireLotus verified this in chat two days ago. If you purchase from the add-on store it is a seperate thing from the pledges and does not help increase your pledge level.

17. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Violation is correct. You are buying something for your money.

18. Dim Mok

Dim Mok Avatar

The 15% is a limited sale to pull in additional subscribers to further develop the game, the marketing team or business management team must have saw a plataeu in numbers and wanted to get another burst of supporters. This is not a bad thing, but the side effect is that the original backers at the original price are going to feel burned.

Look at it this way, a guy who pays at the Duke level, pays $5000 when the guy who pays at the 15% ($795 off, almost the full value of a Knight pledger) discount pays only $4250 for the same package. That definitely has to burn some original backers, at least a little, even if they are big time fan boys of Ultima. The easiest remedy would be to credit original backers with the 15% difference in some way, like store credits, in-game gold / items, upgrading pledge acconnts if possible etc... The point is at least something to give the OG backers a little edge or perk for being the OG backers.

derek6665 (Baldrith) and ziboo like this.
  19. TroubleMagnet

TroubleMagnet Avatar

Except they're NOT doing the same thing since the person in your example already got their boots and could have been wearing them for a week. The situation here is exactly like a pre-order. If the boots aren't scheduled to ship until next year you know they are either going to give the 50% discount to all the pre-orders or the people will cancel and re-order at the new price or will be hugely pissed off and not pre-order from that store again.

I thought that add-ons counted towards your lot selection priority even if they don't count towards your pledge level. Would be nice to get a clear answer on that as well.

Right now if you have two founders, one at Explorer and one at Knight and the one at Explorer upgrades to Knight now he will get lot selection priority over the guy who has been at Knight since the KS ended. That doesn't seem right since they both spent the same amount total but the one that spent it a lot earlier gets less. This runs counter to how all the other KS projects I have been involved with have worked.

20. smack

smack Avatar

The easy solution here is that the 15% credit does not apply when determining your pledge amount for lot priority. This way, both of those founders would be on equal footing as far as that is concerned. Beyond that, they can then use date or whatever to further sort the priority list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.