SotA Comic Book - Advertise your guild etc!

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by rild, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rild

rild Avatar

Hello everyone! I'm happy to announce that Relics by Rild will be publishing the new issue of the official SotA comic book, Shroud of the Avatar: New Beginnings. Issue #1 is complete and I am moving to print soon. We are selling 4 pages of ad space this time 'round. This space is perfect for advertising your guild, town, organization, store or vendor! There are also 'personal size ads' for only $25 each. Take this opportunity to reach a bigger audience and enshrine your SotA legacy in a collectible print item that will be treasured for years to come.

This is Issue #1 (the premiere Issue #0 is available here). One of our favorite community artists, Indi Martin (Patreon, Etsy, Kickstarter, Gina Harwood Novels) is the artist, William Billman wrote the first two, and Indi is in the process of selecting a writer for Issue #2.

Sizes, pricing, and availability are as follows. Please contact Rild at ben@relicsbyrild.com to reserve your ad space, or if you have any questions. All this information is available on my site here.

PLEASE NOTE: Dimensions are for 300 dpi and must be followed exactly.

AVAILABLE ADS - UPDATED 5/3/2017
    • Page ad - $450
      • SOLD
      • 1988 px wide, 3075 px tall
    • Half page ad - $250
      • 1 available
      • 1988 px wide, 1537 px tall
    • Quarter page ad - $150
      • 2 available
      • 944 px wide, 1537 px tall
    • Personal Size Ad - $25
      • 8 available
      • 994 px wide, 307 px tall
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. Indi2

Indi2 Legend of the Hearth

Yay! Super excited for people to be able to put their mark on the issue! Point of order, though, William Billman wrote #1 (and #0), while #2 will see a change in writer/s, but that's still very early. :)

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Would you consider an "RP ad" space? :) Ah the things I would do if I had the money to spend..

4. Indi2

I would imagine that anything goes as long as it's relatively SotA-related? I don't know if Rild has any stricter guidelines he's going by, but I would guess it wouldn't be a problem.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Of course.. I'm just daring to hope for the possibility of a modest free space that isn't necessarily self promoting. Something that's just for color.

Thought.. contest for 1 space per issue? Not necessarily a big one. I suppose that might be a bit much.. I mean printing these doesn't come free after all there needs to be a profit involved. I just think it'd be awesomely cool to have more community and RP related stuff in the mix. :)

6. rild

rild Avatar

A promotional contest for space is definitely a consideration, and I'm open to ideas down the road.
    For this initial printing I just want to get it to press and make sure it comes out right.
    The this model works and is popular, we might offer more space or other content in the future - one consideration is we didn't want to fill the book with too many ads compared to the actual comic, so we limited it to 4 pages (2 front 2 back).

Just realized I didn't include the dimensions of the comic - these are standard modern comic size which is 6.625 x 10.25 inches, or 16.827 x 26.035 cm.

7. rild

rild Avatar

Thanks to everyone for the enthusiastic response so far!
    Tentative deadline for ads is May 1.

I will update OP with revised info and -sold- listings ASAP (working other job atm)

8. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Very cool, cant wait to check it out!

Hi! I like your art :) Good job on the lay out of the last one, interested to check out the next.

9. Indi2

Thanks Leostorm! I'm quite proud of the upcoming issue, and we're already at work on the script for the following one. :)

10. rild

rild Avatar

UPDATE on available space in the next issue of the comic book SotA: New Beginnings

Still available:
    2 Quarter-page ads $150 each
    1 Half-page ad - $250 each
    10 Personal size ads - ONLY $25 each!

Again, please email ben@relicsbyrild.com to reserve a space today.
    We are working with a deadline of May 1 for reservations. Let me know if you need assistance creating the ad or getting images into the proper resolution.
    Tentative date for availability of printed copies: July 1. I will update if that changes, but plz don't lawyer me bro :p

I am beginning to take payments this week via PayPal - the invoices will come from sotacomic@relicsbyrild.com
    If you've got a strong spam filter, please make sure your inbox will accept emails from my domain ;)

ALSO, I'd like to mention that we will likely be selling digital copies of this issue as well, as a pdf or for reading on tablets etc.

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

And i just thought yesterday:
    There is no Comic about SotA.

Cool thing, cant wait!

Fionwyn Wyldemane, rild and Time Lord like this.
  12. rild

rild Avatar

*** UPDATE ***

It's going VERY WELL, on schedule, and we love all the art we have received so far!

We are extending the reservation deadline for ads to May 15, 2017!

Deadline for art submission is May 22, 2017

There are still some ad spots available - inquire at sotacomic@relicsbyrild.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.