Mage Path - Bloodriver -> Aerie -> Vertas ->

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Halon, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halon

Halon Avatar

Hi,

new player, I was one of the founders a long while back and tried a couple of releases back around 16/17.

That being said I heard some nice things so I came back to give it another go and so far I am loving it. Even kicking myself for not funding more for a deed =P

However I am doing the mage path and everything is fine so far minor bugs like tasks not updating, crier cleared that for me but now after Vertas I have to journey to Jaanaford, which as far as I can see I have to travel through teir5 areas to even get to. I have basic skills right now and they hit for 20+ per pop meaning as I run through screaming like a stuck pig I end up dying.

Any suggestions? Is there an alternate way I can travel there?

EDIT: Well I died again , the mountain troll was nice enough to slap me around a couple of times and I ghosted to the other end.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

The Storypath of Truth isnt ready yet.
    Maybe wait until they finished and polished it.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If you can swing aaalll the way around to the east side of nightshade pass, running through there to the west is much more survivable.

4. Halon

Halon Avatar

I will give that a try. Thank you for the helpful suggestion.

5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I am up to enter Artiface as of today.

Halon likes this.
  6. Cobra101

Cobra101 Avatar

Its probably too late to help the OP but if anyone else is wondering this, there is an easy and alternate way.

Go back to Blood River, Find the Lunar Rift, wait for the moon to show "Third Quarter". Mousing over the rift should show a tooltip of "Highvale". Jump in and fight your way out of Highvale which is another starting area. You come out just up the road from Jaanaford.

Until you get strong enough to run Nightshade Pass (which is 3-skull compared to the others which are 5) this is the safest way to get to that central belt which is sealed by passes. It just means waiting about a bit.

7. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I paid the mage his 1500gold
    sounds expensive but it's the first time I (anyone?) used his service and probably the last as it won't be needed once that toon has leveled some more.
    II felt bad for the mage you could say, stands there all day without a single customer... poor fella. hope my coin can feed his family at least a while.

8. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

the path of truth is fraught with a few bugs and I look forward to its polish soon. I started a journey on the path of truth with a new charter from its start to its present conclusion died a few times but can be done. I videoed the path of truth if you need any help and laid it out from destination to destination so if you need help in just one part of the quest so to avoid totally spoiler experience.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw9-ukIjQVaTc5oTJkx2AZjBqvJTjxy9i

discipleofweb likes this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There is a moon rift in blood river that opens to highvale (near jaanaford) once an hour. I dunno the moon phases to tell you which yet

10. Craal

Craal Avatar

Perchance, does anyone remember how to poison the vigilantes food supply in the beginning quest area? I've tried everything but can't see how.

11. Alley Oop

talk to the food.

12. Craal

Craal Avatar

Well, aside from looking foolish, talking to the food accomplished nothing. lol

13. Alley Oop

hmm.. perhaps the mechanism has changed. i don't know, now!

14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Do you have the queen spider venom sacks ( from killing the queen spider)? She is in that area

15. Craal

Craal Avatar

Did that, the sacks then get turned in to the vigilante commander who makes them into poison and asks you to poison the elves food supply. If you then talk to Aleric and tell him of the plot, he asks you to go back and poison the vigilantes food. So, I could poison the elves food but I don't want to get any bad karma down the line for that if possible. Usually, all the past quest targets had a glow to them but the vigilantes food has none to interact with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.