Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tasks not completing: More Info/Collecting Same

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by Lum the Mad, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This list contains SPOILERS. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS YAAR

As noted in current Known Issues:

[New] There may be some issues with how some quests and tasks interact with the new onscreen Task List.
    [New] Players can remove tasks from their current task list at any time by visiting a town crier. (Note that the option only appears after the first visit.)

I'm listing tasks players have reported as not completing along with how they should be fulfilled. If you managed to finish these RECENTLY and they are still stuck, please note that.

Entries marked "Currently bugged" will be fixed in the next live patch, most likely to happen tomorrow (Tuesday).

If a task is marked "functional" and you are not able to clear it (most likely due to finishing the quest months earlier) you will need to clear your task list at a town crier to remove the task.

When reporting these, it makes it much easier to track them down if you use the ENTIRE TITLE FOR THE TASK AS WRITTEN. Do not summarize.

Travel to the Tower of the Shuttered Eye

Currently bugged. Should be resolved when speaking to Min Liang Tan, or killing him, in the Tower of the Shuttered Eye. Will add in next patch the ability to clear the task by speaking with Sivals Fel, his replacement in Ardoris, as well.

Find a spirit talker

Currently functional. Hire either Kardan Marbane or Samael to accompany you within Necropolis.

Speak with Min Liang Tan

Currently partially bugged. Speak with Min Liang Tan about a keystone. There was one response from Samael that would write a bad task ID. Speaking to Sivals Fel after the patch will fix this.

Enter Skrekk

Currently functional. Enter Skrekk and give the guard at the front gate what they ask for, or alternately talk to Korabar after the fight with Demig.

Travel to Jaanaford

Currently bugged. Speak with Jenna Kartuunen in Jannaford and ask about the bonesteel dagger while you have it in your possession.

Find answers in Kiln

Currently bugged. Speak with Dion in Kiln and ask about Artifice while you have the bonesteel dagger in your possession. Adding journal entries next patch for all the steps in the Path of Courage following this, as they were not yet implemented. Note that at the end you will have one you will not be able to clear until next release (entering Artifice itself).

Go to Harvest

Currently functional. Talk to Khary and book passage for Estgard.

Deliver Felicia's letter to Barkley

Currently bugged. The entire quest resolution appears to be bugged. If you still have the letter in your posession you can now turn it in and finish, otherwise if you finished it earlier ask Barkley about Felicia and the flag will clear.

I'll look into others as reported and update here. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Hey @Lum the Mad , I completed the "City Of Cutthroat Hearts " quest, but it did not update my steam achievements. Now I am unable to redo the quest, and this quest is the last Steam achievement I need for the full set (other than two PVP Master and Legendary slayer ones). If you could add a fix to either run a check and make steam update the achievement if players have already completed this quest, or allow players to redo the quest, I would really appreciate it.

3. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Just saw your reply on my bug report, thanks Lum :)

4. Beli

Beli Avatar

Ok Lum I still cant get the Go to harvest cleared, I have completed the courage path. Khary says I need to have something yellow on, I did put on a yellow shirt, still did not work, He says I am not prepared. Not sure how you clear task at a town cryer and I sure dont want to clear all of them.

5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Thanks for the updates, Lum!

6. infernal

infernal Avatar

what about quest items stuck in are bags we cant drop?

Identification papers:tracy of resolute
    homily of perri the unchained
    royal norgard writ of passage
    gem of loving compassion
    gem of loving justice
    gem of loving sacrifice
    malice far gate key
    keystone for necropolis

Beli likes this.
  7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I think you can put these in the bank. Also includes amulet from the Courage Quest.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Find answers in Kiln - I can't find that person anywhere in Kiln, I've gotten the names from everyone (except the guild registrar who has none) inside the fence, I have never seen him, and none of the NPCs know of him. Unless he is a guard patrolling the player housing area, he doesn't seem to exist.

Travel to Jaanaford - that one worked

The ones that are stuck for me right now that I think should be done are:

Speak with Ivar - related to clearing the cistern, and I already finished it and got the XP reward

Deliver Gawain's Amulet - I've talked with Brigid, but the quest never gets marked cleared

Bring Robert to Edvard - I didn't start in Blood River, but in any case, I can't go back to the battle scene. Maybe Edvard is still around there somewhere like he is in Solace Bridge, but I looked around and didn't find him anywhere obvious. I will look again.

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Discover what divides Siranto and Khasi - this did not go away when I got the keystone

EDIT: I may have somehow missed a Khasi sub-branch, she didn't seem to want to hear about her side of the situation, possible root cause was when I used her gate password without being told it by an NPC (I had learned it in QA) to first talk to her

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  10. Lum the Mad

You need to pass the "you are not prepared" check when Khary asks to get clearance to go to Estgard and clear the task.

When Khary says you are not prepared, click on/tell him "official business" and then follow from there. Hint: be honest.

Beli likes this.
  11. Lum the Mad

You can bank them.

12. Lum the Mad

He's not a person, but a
    faun

13. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

[​IMG]

The book passage entry to Xenos does not clear the task list or journal. Although I do have the entry to enter Artiface now.

The entry should also read that I would be granted access. Insert be into journal entry.

14. Lum the Mad

Did you purchase passage from Cpt. Steel in Etceter? If you just walk over to Xenos from the overland map the quest will not clear.

15. Beli

Beli Avatar

Ok Lum, I am still stuck. He ask What business do I have in Norgard, I have tried telling the whole story as to why I need to get to Norgard nothing seems to be working. when I tell him why I am going there he ask. What if it didnt happen?

16. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah I did for the 500 gold. It drops you off in an odd spot though no where near the ships or docks.

17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Maybe I should have said NPC. I tried looking in the buildings, too.

18. Dragonhart

Dragonhart Avatar

My "Book Passage to Xenos" did not clear either, and yes, the thieving punk took my 500 gold... :(

19. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

NUE issues I found today with my new character

1) Japeth gives one a quest concerning a poem he has written for Emma the Barmaid in Soltown, I took the poem but there doesn't seem to be any way to get Emma to take it or read it ?
    2) Bring Robert to Edvard ( Blood River Massacre ), I did this and he opened the gates for us, but the journal entry didnt clear.

note: I finally got issue #1 to work. Repeated clicking on Emma's HELLO message does finally bring up her convo box. Not sure if it was a delay on the first click or the repeated clicking that did it, but I have now completed this quest.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  20. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Sotamap shows where the NPCs are located and if you put your cursor on them they are labeled too.

Sir_Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.