Deathmage God Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bioxide, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

The obvious simple change would be to cut the return on life from death ray (25%?) or lessen the transfer from tap soul (25%?) to continue to allow the death mage to be function, not just uber.

At this point I have huge survivability in most skills now. My shields, buffs and stances (all 10 I run) are in the 90's and I have gm's in many defense skills yet a Death mage in PvP can take me out with 1000 hp in a little more then 2 casts of death ray that hit me for 400 hp and heal them for 300+ at the same time. That is a bit insane. this was when earth was uber and I was popping them with 300 HP earth arrows as they healed them off. So stop and think about that, if my earth arrow not only hit you for 400 hp and healed me for 300+ and could tap that hp to transition that back into focus and fill my focus bar back up.

I think people are swinging way to far with their arguments about wrecking Death and most people are simply saying it needs balance. Cutting life transfer by 25% is still going to give a death mage the play style and survive ability they need. They simple wont last as long as they do now.

So in my real senario, I would be popped for 400 hp with death ray and they would return 200 hp. I find it hard to think that would be a problem. Consider that I have like 800 points in the life tree and there is nothing remotely that powerful to heal myself with. But one could say if they buffed up life tree, death wouldn't need to be touched... again... BALANCE.

So no nurf to death, increase life heals 50% and we are balanced.

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Either that or there's plenty of potential to add additional xp-sink resistability passives for those skills that don't have them.

3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

None of those defence skills are applicable to resisting death magic. Death attunement/Celestial blessing/+50 potions of resistance are your goals. I have 200+ attunement in death with all the gear and i cant do 400+ hp damage against people, it still is RNG based and most of the time its under 100 with the occasional 200-300 very rarely, obviously the build you are fighting adds or negates to the damage that is given but that's some excessive damage you are taking for sure, maybe add some defensive qualities as suggested above to help u and u might find its not so scary as Andartianna mentioned earlier one of the best death mages cant kill her as she has high death attunement so its not impossible just takes a bit of work.

And that is without i believe the added resistance from potions and celestial blessing that gives approx. 35% to resistance.

Rada Torment and OxNull like this.
  4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Ill make this a seperate post:

No nurf on Death at all, increase life (especially over time) skills 50% and we are in complete balance in my opinion.

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I noted shields and buffs and indeed, celestial blessing is one of them which sits on my bar and used in any PvP situation. You made an assumption here that is false. I also have high attunment in Death magic (and lots of experience using it) which you forgot to mention is important for resist.

Heres a video for you, take a look at what is sitting on my bar in slot 1 full time:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134311132

6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Buffs were mentioned, no mention of specific death resistance buffs like celestial blessing which is too important to not mention when you are referring to that topic else the term buffs imply just normal buffs, You mention high attunement now, not before, shields also have no relevance against any magic unless against stuns etc from what i am aware. Maybe find out the player i mentioned and take a few lessons from her in her build is my advice.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Read it again, even look at what you quoted when you responded to it.

"My shields, buffs and stances (all 10 I run) are in the 90's and I have gm's in many defense skills "

8. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

as I said earlier I really miss my DOT/HOT spells while playing as a death mage/knight.

I would gladly trade these theoretical 400pt crits for a good 20+/tick heal

2112Starman likes this.
  9. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

how about Creating another tree called ''Resistances''

10. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

This way, people Can level That instead of Having To sink points into A tree they dont wish to use, but still gain protection from,

However if theyd like extra protection, then they would have to Level the tree.

Brass Knuckles and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Not applicable to resisting death magic

Buffs is a generic term implying everything or anything, all of them apart from one, celestial blessing, has no benefit to negating any damage from death spells, if this is used it should have been mentioned and singled out at the time as its importance is huge on damage negated, up to approx. 35% dependant on skills, and of course its being used.

Not applicable to resisting death magic, useful sure, you must have some skills running all those at same time, and doing damage/healing.

Like i say, If you are using celestial blessing and its at a high level and have high death attunement then you are obviously having a harder time than others seem to, maybe using to many defensive skills when they not needed is slowing down what you should be doing, attack is usually the best form of defence.

12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Would be great and sensible, unlike this system we have now where we have to put points into schools we have no intention of using in order to gain higher attunement. But it wont be done as this system we have keeps all on the hamster wheel and playing, forever having to raise skills we don't need in order to be competitive, back to front.

13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

epic... just epic hahahahaha!!!!

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Agreed, in fact it should be buffed.

-novias newest deathmage

15. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Andartianna has GM celestial blessing. She can stand in a corner and heal through the damage albeit with super- GM healing, celestial blessing, magic resist potion, death attunement, shield, ankh, chainmail, etc. etc. as well as not wasting time attacking back as missing a couple heals and she'd die.

My point earlier about getting rolled by most death mages included me using defensive stance, glancing blow, fortify defenses, death ward necklace, death ward ring, OP death ward sword, OP armor, and a magic resistance potion. I carry four sets of ward gear at all times however haven't needed to use the other three lately as sadly everyone is a death mage now (I honestly haven't fought anyone who isn't a death mage in recent memory). I'm not a mage as I don't cast any spells and definitely shouldn't need to raise my death attunement solely for defense.

Every day more people going death mage and less are going bludgeon, fire mage, air mage, etc. which is for a reason and not good for the game. I sense a lot of defensiveness in this thread but the facts are that death mages roll over other builds and bosses. Despite how much fun it is to be OP, everyone should want balance in the game.

Stundorn, Zader, Pinky2 and 2 others like this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I find it interesting the biggest hitters renown players are all using death. I remember along time ago both aj and kor where air and or bow funny how things are now. Ive also seen a ton switch and I think ill join them.

I agree each tree should have compedative apeal.

Stundorn likes this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

You actually hit the nail on the head. If it wasn't so uber, it wouldn't be run by just about everyone in game right now lol (or being transitioned to). The same was for air 6 months ago when someone could walk out in the middle of the PvP field, chain spam chain lighting and light up everyone in a square mile with 400 hp of damage and never ending stuns :) Its kinda funny because people said the exact same things as this thread about air magic 6 months ago and I still know people bent at me today for complaining about that.

Even when Earth had its month of glory, people started moving to it, but that was short lived. I dont see many tier 1 people doing anything else with the exception of some work in bows.

Does anyone thing the game is not fun when all you run into with PvP is death mages... usually death mage on death mage?

the funny thing is that the 1%'ers probably dont care all that much since they know they will be able to quickly switch their builds for the next big thing (caugh blunt and moon). The casual and casual hard cores are the ones that will suffer when death does get its nurfs. I feel for you man, thats why I dont chase these things (the OP'd skill of the month).

When Wow first came out, rogues were GOD mode and everyone rolled one. I have seen this in MMO's going back 20 years, people chasing the epic builds only to watch them get nurfed every time with the result in really angry people. Think about the devs looking at the game... "hey Bob, notice that 75% of the new class's being created are Rogue, I wonder why?". I picked a Warlock, the absolutely worse class in the game and stuck with it until... guess what... rogues were nurfed and Warlocks were made the best class in the game. Sure I was happy, guilty... but happy.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Stundorn, Derium and Sara Dreygon like this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea I know right all the big guns have moved to death yet its not outta ballance

Its ok though please leave it..

19. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Competitive players always will move to the most effective thing. Next they'll just move to ...I don't know bows? and be doing 600pt pierced shots ignoring all armor.

Magic has been the best way to go for so long vs any weapon based damage that sliding from air to earth to death is easy, it might take longer to do it if there is an entirely different meta but it will happen.

Lets not ruin another game because of what competitive players do please.

(and I'm hardly uber in death, my fist night attempt at being one (120 attunement +ray on both the sword and wand 80ish skill) I was critting for a whopping 150 about once a minute and still using my swords and body slam for most of the damage)

Stundorn, Derium and 2112Starman like this.
  20. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

That's actually a large part of the conversation - the idea that the game is being ruined by the hugeness of the divide in player classes - the disparity is remarkable. A year ago, six months ago, hell, even a month ago all these balance issues seemed less important than they are today - and that's because it always feels like the devs are sprinting for the commercial launch finish line now. The idea that people will catch up to anyone that's been playing since persistence has gone out the window. Now, folks are wondering WTF am I supposed to do with moon magic and spears?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.