1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R40 Post Mortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions that we did not have time to get to. I tried my best to answer these but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I will try my best to follow up but please understand I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these.

TeddyMIT: Can you remove the material limitation of the Pattern Pack?
    I am not sure what this question means. What material limitation? If you mean you can’t make a polearm look like a dagger or a platemail look like leather then there is no way we will be changing that.

Phil Scott: What type of pattern is used with bone armor?
    Bone Armor is not a pattern. It is it’s own recipe.

Phil Scott: How and when will skill decay be applied on crafting skills?
    We do not have an ETA on this but likely Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Bringo: Will we see some kind of treasure hunting in game anytime “soon”? What are your thought on the mechanics on treasure hunting. How do players get the map, parts of map, clues, and so on?
    We definitely want to get this in the game eventually because we love it and we loved it in UO but it may not be in scope for Episode 1. Since we have not been thinking about this as in scope for Ep 1 we don’t have a real design for it.

Brass Knuckles: What are some of the ideas floating around for the underground biome population indicators?
    Different size and/or ornateness of the underground entrance

Sir_Michael: May it be possible to have subitems/markers (chapters) for the Quest entries?
    Yes, good idea, eventually.

Almar: Can you consider not having loss of xp on fall deaths, since usually it’s a dodgy game mechanic that causes death falls – the Serpent’s Spine Mines for instance…
    Yes we can consider.

Georgegad: Are we eventually going to have a relationship stat or be able to join other factions like the red sash and city kobolds?
    Perhaps eventually but probably not in scope for Episode 1

Redfish: What exactly are “patterns” from game lore perspective?
    Interesting question. They are patterns that allow you to reshape and customize an item to modify what it looks like. In the case of a sword it would be a pattern for recasting/reforging it.

Redfish: Can I ask Lum about the Hidden Vale?
    You can but he might bite you!

Curt: Now that we have sotamap integration, what will happen with the atlas pledge reward?
    Redfish: What type of maps will be included in the offline game?
    Redfish: Doesn’t this make in-game map system redundant?
    At this time we are still trying to figure this all out so I don’t have an answer yet.

Redfish: How will cartography as a skill be useful if ever added?
    While we have discussed this off and on it has never been something officially scheduled.

Macnlos: What does the future hold for the Sotamap integration? Party location showing on map tracking?
    Unlikely we would add party location as we don’t even yet support that with the in-game map system.

John Markus: Can we export PoT map layout (lot locations, rent state) into sotamap ?
    That is a question for the creator of SotaMap, Jakup White, but I believe the answer is yes.

Echondas: Any thoughts on better scaling the size of players and buildings on the overland map, so that when the map zooms in occasionally near a town, the player isn’t as big if not larger than the objects?
    Probably not going to change that.

Echondas: Why is the overland map not in a better horizontal perspective? Seems like it should work.
    Because it would allow the camera to get too close to assets that are not high enough resolution.

Phil Scott: Are all of the “named” towns (NPC towns) part of one of the main “Story Paths” (Truth, Courage, Love, Oracle)?
    Mostly but there are a few that are just flavor.

Jaan: Looking forward to hear if there are any updates on which devotional belongs in Jaanaford!
    Jaanaford already has the Honor shrine. We realize that Jaana was

Jack Knyfe: Are we any closer to that flying island POT template? :smile:
    Thanks for the reminder! But sadly we are not closer.

macnlos: Were there any food recipe updates in R40?
    No there were not.

Browncoat Jayson: When can we expect shop-style row houses? The current ones are not open enough for players to see into, so the only way to sell anything is to put the vendor outside…
    Great suggestion that we have heard before. We will get to those after we complete the Inns.

Jack Knyfe: can we have a stained-glass lampshade hat?
    No

Belladonna Rose: Will we ever be able to get clothing off mobs like the elves and such. That we can try and get patterns from there instead of buying pattern packs for those of us who can't afford to buy patterns
    Yes but the Elves in particular currently are wearing gear that was sold as an exclusive expired item so we will need to change those mobs in order to do that.

Jack Knyfe: Can we get an in-game model for the Sacred Oracle Orb of Obliteration, so that we can decorate our houses with them? Follow-up: Physical plush version?
    Maybe

Browncoat Jayson: Can we expect any more of that excellent Oak furniture, or perhaps more variations?
    Eventually

Jack Knyfe: Will we ever get an in-game graphical notification for when someone is typing in a chat channel that we can see? Something like points of ellipsis hovering over the avatar's head in a translucent fashion?
    Interesting suggestion. Maybe.

Merrik Dragon: Lord British said he heard rumors of a group of Kobolds working on a secret project concerning getting water running indoors... has anyone sent spies into the Kobold labs to get an ETA on their progress?
    No ETA

Minerva: when can we start living in Blood Bay??
    Not sure. Maybe by end of Q2 but it might not be until start of Q3

Dargalin: can we have a stats window back please? it's a pain to find out what your stats are :smiley:
    Request noted

redfish: Will a player who's renting a room be able to set permissions for the room so it can be shared, like you can with an entire lot
    Maybe

Krullen: can remember seeing a fog-of-war/paper-map on the Overworld, a long time back (concept video?). Is that or something similar coming?
    No plans currently to do that

Boedy Arc: will come one artifact with enchant prof. in future? also for some other craft special skill?
    I don’t know what this question is asking.

Merrik Dragon: can we get Matptchshhhhh in a tutu doing the new ballerina dances on the telethon?
    I can ask but don’t hold our breath

Browncoat Jayson: Can Jabbering Bertha be made into a deco? It's fun to have her chat in my inventory, but I'd rather her be in my house and chat up everybody. (I know she'd be an NPC, but I'd take it.)
    We can try

Ancev: Noticed that the 'proc' type of effects aren't being affected by attunement.. is INT going to be the primary damage modifier? could we get some skill or spell based procs in addition to the crafting based procs (blistering ray, banish undead, etc) ?
    We will fix this the proc effects not being affected by Attunement. Yes we intend to add A LOT more procs.

Bowen Bloodgood: Any idea when weapons/shields will be able to go on walls? :smiley:
    Right now our deco system cannot have an item that is both a wall decoration and a decoration that can be placed on a horizontal surface (floor, table, etc.). For now you can achieve this by putting a shelf on the wall and putting the weapons / shield on the shelf

James Vonkrieg: any chance taming pet will get a fix to make them worthwhile? so they can keep up with the tamer or the mob they are suppose to be attacking?
    Yes. We are fixing their movement rate for R41

Bowen Bloodgood: Any guestimates as when we can decorate with food? :smiley:
    Maybe by end of year

Aurelius Morgenstern: When will we be able to rotate items vertically inside our homes - next to books and some "few" items. Further: When will we be able to stack items better atop each other?
    Many items support vertical rotation. The only items that do not are lights and furniture and we will not be changing that.

Ancev: could we make the lord marshall house a bit more aggressive looking? like the pic it was inspired from on the forums? or could the house be upgraded through IGG later on?
    No plans for this.

Browncoat Jayson: Now that the airships/balloons are expiring, will there be any new types? I'd love to see a pirate version of the airship. How about gondola balloons that could be reused for Brittany fast travel?
    Yes there may eventually be other styles of airships

Krullen: can I place a Bulletin Board outside my home?
    Yes when we create this feature

Jschoice: Can any outside decoration be placed on house roof tops or are there exceptions outside of space?
    Not all outdoor decorations be placed on rooftops. Trees for example can only be placed on ground.

Browncoat Jayson: Any progress made toward having more games of chance? Dice, cards, etc?
    No progress at this time

Browncoat Jayson: Any thoughts of making a decoration surface that allows objects placed on it to be manipulated/used by others, without allowing them to take it? Kind of like a bigger version of what you were considering for taverns. Chess and checkers are cool, but hard to play when folks can steal your pieces.
    Yes

Merrik Dragon: i want to put my POT bartender on my village lot bar... why can't i? will you consider allowing it?
    Yes we will consider it

Paulie Walnuts: I would love to see a pop out GUI for crafting that displays when you go to craft something that requires another crafted item first. (Example: If I wanted to craft a gothic table, have another box pop up with the items you must craft before prior to the gothic table in chronological order so you can click down the line to get to the final product.) This would be especially helpful for the new oak items that have a lot of prerequisites.
    Good suggestion

Paulie Walnuts: Can we expect to have a better base loot on Cabalists in the future?
    Yes as discussed in the telethon we need better mid-range loot

Bowen Bloodgood: Is there any potential for additional alchemy ingredients? Such that some existing ingredients might be place holders until more come online?
    Yes

Ancev: if damage resist increased on mobs.. how are daggers going to be affected? they already seem to do low damage as is... at least in the beginning. not sure what it looks like end-game
    We will balance it

Paulie Walnuts: Is there a way to go out of combat mode and STAY out of combat mode if you get hit? If not, could that be considered?
    Yes we can consider an option that makes it so you do not auto-defend.

Minerva: I am still waiting for my steampunk espresso machine I was told was coming the release Pax can in the game. Any chance it is coming soon? Coffee coffee coffee Java java Cappuccino
    No ETA

Bowen Bloodgood: Ok just have to ask.. for @Lord British Whatever happened to the other language you were working on? Is that still in the future?
    Maybe

Minerva: In real life I can dye flowers, how about saying that to the game so we can customize flower arrangements??
    We will consider it

Paulie Walnuts: Are there any plans to keep the player buffs from covering the names and health bars in a party?
    Yes there’s a bug in the backlog on this that we haven’t gotten to.

Ancev: Any chance we can get more stuff from the Epitaph in the add-on store or craftable recipes? some of the wooden crates, the wall mounted serpent/dragon statue on the sides of the walls, and other oddities?
    Yes

Vladamir Begemot: How long till Player Vendors get a pass?
    No ETA

CrazyPhil: Any information on the ammo refactor that was mentioned some time ago? My necromancer friend is very concerned about WoW-style wanding coming back. If so, will there be a Free Attack chargable shot as well?
    No plans for wanding like that. This would be to enable Kobold ranged weapons. Right now we are targeting Q3 for this work.

Browncoat Jayson: Would you guys consider having us try to reach a single large stretch goal for a telethon, instead of the small ones? Like a 100k goal, hit it or miss. I'd love to see you guys get mounts in early, as that will be one of the big draws for the game (or at least, lacking it will be a big turnoff...).
    Creating assets is less work than creating features so we will not be doing this.

macnlos (Elaina Strongbow): what about better sources for Scrap Leather and Fabric??? Easy to get Metal and Wood scraps... PITA to get Leather and Cloth.
    Will definitely consider it.

Jack Knyfe: can we please have Fletcher go in and re-factor all of the low-res NPC clothing into high-res versions, as well as have those items obtainable as loot / craftable?
    Yes

LoneStranger (Aaxal Kuurle): It would be great, now that there are roses (and more flowers coming?) to get single-width planters. For example, 1x2, 1x4, 1x10.
    Will consider it

Damighty Ewok: can we have minor summons. Like a weaker summon that is a lower skill?
    We will consider it but unlikely.

Sir Grant: 2nd & 3rd character slots still aren't on the quarterly plan. I would think that for balancing, you'd want to get this in asap... What are your thoughts?
    While there might be some balance implications we do not believe they will be big enough to warrant moving this task up in priority

Browncoat Jayson: Any chance of having some way of training non-combat pets to be combat pets? I want my rottweiler to go hunting with me.
    Yes we want this too!

CrazyPhil: Will trees ever stay put or dissolve like fallen corpses after being chopped down? Mine just pop out of existence...(edited)
    Yes we eventually want to make this look better

Ancev: we can't masterwork rings and necklaces just enchant them?
    Yes that is currently true but we are considering opening them up for masterworking as well. Looking at the balance implications.

Sydron Knight: plz reduce running backwards by 1/3 at least.
    We will consider but unlikely unless there is a more compelling reason provided.

Jack Knyfe: Can we increase the number of clothing items that are dropped as loot, so that tailors have a "relatively free" source for salvaging?
    We will consider

Jack Knyfe: Can we increase the NPC limit for housing by 1?
    Not until more optimizations have been made

Damighty Ewok: How about a way to secure mines so that there isn't spawn for a certain amount of time? Like an altar that you activate and fight waves of mobs without leaving the altar area. The more waves defeated, the longer the mine is safe. The health and damage of the mobs go up as the waves increase.
    Interesting suggestion.

Jack Knyfe: can we diversify the materials required for masterworking so that all three masterwork professions don't fight over the same resource, which has consequently made silver the most lucrative sellable in the game?
    We will consider

Browncoat Jayson: When can we use symbols to change the cover of books? A new recipe to rebind the book with a new symbol (just like patterns) would be a great step forward for libraries and booksellers.
    We are working on this right now! Hopefully this will go live in R41

3devious: I get that you are gun-shy about having a global chat but when my guild’s town was under siege and there was no one logged in but us lowbies, I posted in Nobles chat that Rifts End was besieged. There were folks looking to farm cabalists and my guildies looking for an easy walk home were all happy about it. Do you have plans to implement a wider chat channel to give to the community members that are not of a pledge tier higher than Knight-Marshall? You could even put a specific item in the addon store for a low price that would only give access to that channel.
    Global chat is just too spammy and seriously ups the costs of moderation

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

But what are they :/

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

hmmm think one of mine got missed.. but that's ok.. some great stuff here. :)

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Sometimes it's better to NOT try to explain everything..:)

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Make it dope, please

Something that screams all the cool kids stay here!

6. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

@DarkStarr
    Will bows get an enchantment Proc off a gem?
    When can we create x bows?
    Why do bows not have a obsian plating option?

Can being a gm Carp or Bs give us +1 base damage on an exceptional craft. Right now the weapons market is very stale and this would make crafted weapons very desirable.
    Ty

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Time Lord likes this.
  7. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

TeddyMIT: Can you remove the material limitation of the Pattern Pack?
    I am not sure what this question means. What material limitation? If you mean you can’t make a polearm look like a dagger or a platemail look like leather then there is no way we will be changing that.
    =======================================================
    @DarkStarr
    Sorry, my question is not written well
    I would like to ask, can not limit the use of restrictions on the use of pattern packs.
    ex:
    The current pattern package has a variety of restrictions on light armor, heavy armor, leather, and textile.
    I hope to be able to lift these restrictions so that players can be more free to use the pattern package on any kind of equipment above.
    Simply put, light armor can use heavy armor pattern pack or vice versa

Time Lord likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry they answered that question before. They said no, it has to be the same type light armor to light armor etc. Sorry for answering, but we can always keep asking for things again, who knows ;)

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Time Lord April 5, 2017 at 3:42 am

Fishing and Plant Farming… Filling in the placeholders when?
    + When will the windmills and generators work or do something?
    Will they be able to pump water? (buckets of water are a no fun task which takes much fun time away)

Time Lord April 5, 2017 at 3:50 am

Will the gathering skill effect plant farming?

[​IMG]
    Is agriculture "Somewhere Over the Rainbow?" Any news would be nice :(TL~

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Alexander likes this.
  10. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

thank you for telling me:)

Ancev, Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

@DarkStarr Thanks for answering these.

During the postmortem, you attempted to answer my first question from the Postmortem page:
    I meant this as a special in-game version of the book, not a physical copy. This is doubly true if Iolo plans to continue trying to get it published elsewhere.

Also, I didn't hear (or see) an answer to my other question:

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Della kit

Della kit Avatar

I'd like to see the populated cave POTs have gems or glowy mushrooms on the outside. And more bright pretty stuff inside would be great as well....I've always secretly wanted Bladewyke to turn into a rave.

Brass Knuckles and Time Lord like this.
  13. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

@DarkStarr When will guild alliances be introduced? Will there be a guild alliance chat?

MrBlight and Time Lord like this.
  14. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

The specific question I wanted an answer for seems to have been missed, so I was wondering if maybe it was answered during the last 30 minutes of the live stream, as I missed at least 30 minutes of the stream. The question I'm hoping to get an answer for is whether or not there's any plans to add a fog of war to the mini map, so I need to explore a specific portion of a map before it becomes visible on the mini map? I really don't like how currently unvisited sections of a town, adventure map, or the world map already show up on the mini map even though I haven't visited them yet.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think this is really related to these:
    If sotamap isn't permanent, then the minimaps will go back to being related to actual physical map items which you find or purchase. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense for "fog of war" effects to be shown on them. I doubt Jacob will want to add such effects to sotamap itself, since it would kind of defeat the purpose of the site.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Phil Scott

Phil Scott Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would guess probably none, since bone armor is it's own thing.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

@DarkStarr Your response was

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  19. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

I mean, export out of SotA, import into sotamap. So, if Jakub is up to it, will you implement a feature into SotA website that will export PoT lot layout in JSON/XML like format ?

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Gotta get Brewing in first so there is something to do while watching the crops grow!

LoneStranger, Alexander and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.