shadow form wtf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

what good is shadow form if i get detected by any mob near by is this a bug or what an i missing?

uhop, Cordelayne, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  2. Della kit

Della kit Avatar

What level do you have it at? Look at the stealth %.
    I love it....once I leveled it a bit. The duration time is nice and it will always work against other players in pvp as the % only matters in pve.
    Silent movement has a shorter duration, but a higher steath % - so that one is probably better for you for mobs. I recommend unlocking them both.

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I have it at 60, but most Mobs see me.
    Some t2 don't but i barely can run around without getting aggro.
    Maybe Wolfs and Bears arent affect because they smell you, but it would be really cool if it's more aggro reducing at all.
    How high is your skill @Della kit?

4. Della kit

Della kit Avatar

Not as high as yours, but I use it for PvP not PvE, so when I level it it's just for the duration bonus.

I'll have to see if I can sneak around mobs and if the mob type and level make a difference.

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

In Our Ways of the Rogue :oops:...
    I just began hiding last week so I can work my way to stealth. If stealth doesn't have as much argo curbing ability, then maybe some... err... umm... "stealth salve" (?) could become one of the products made from fertilizer (from nodes or from drops, we don't know yet). Maybe those salves could be specific and be valued if it's monster specific, but it's just an idea. The easy way would be to just make stealth cause total argo reduction (maybe as a place holder), then replace it with zero argo effect and place salves or other products as the deterrent.

Our rogue abilities haven't been touched much, but I know is well on the mind of our rogue's best friend Chris, who gave us "safe fall" for a reason. I think he has a deeper plan for us, and those hang gliding wings will be great once they actually work.

:oops: We must always stay ready for change...
    [​IMG]
    :eek: "Because we're nuts about it and we want it!" :confused:
    ~Time Lord~:D

6. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

There is at least 1 stealth % buff I know of in blood bay, but this is only for that one area
    There is another stealth buff you can get off one of the cabalists but I can't remember which one it is. Maybe dolus? Also only lasts in this area
    Embry's Harp also gives you 30% stealth and can be played while stealthed, just need to have one equipped and some ABC files in the right directory. This buff lasts 20 seconds, and must be refreshed (re /played) after the duration is up.

I think you can also stack stealth % from one hide skill (standing still) and one stealth skill.

uhop and Time Lord like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Eunuch training?

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The way I see it, or the way that I see...
    Knowing how to be of good use while being used, is the world of the "Mule Gatherer Rogue Swiss Army Knife", which must be tough, strong and evasive for survivability, yet specially skilled in order to be able to best operate in any support role around those of the upper 5% in fighting skills. Theirs is the world of the direct challenge, while the rogue rat and healer stand by or scout nodes to gather from, locks to pick and hordes to lead everything away from the boss which is the true fighter's to deal with. Currently, that doesn't seem to exactly fit, yet some day will be essential for better group success.

When the boss is busy being dealt with by the fighters, it's open season within the surrounding area for pilfering. As my hands become more clumsy and slow with my age, I personally must make play style adjustments to be of any use other than being "expendable crew member" supporting character that always goes down first in the movies. I was an OK fighting hero in my young hay days, but those times are gone, yet I still enjoy witnessing the fight and being of good use as the spectator, which leads me back to the big plan.

"We haven't seen the insurmountable monster yet", but they're coming and I will evade them and best aide the group who came to conquer them, and pilfer all the sh#t around them :D The true rogue in the shadows will get see everything, but most likely not have the ability to defeat much he sees. It takes a long time to build up a character, and with decay we're seeing changes to our risk factors in dramatic ways. "I love gambling", so taking a rogue as far as he can go seems very challenging to me, with allot of grind to build up those very needed defensive skills.

Currently I have my sward attack card skills locked at 50 in order to bring up to 50 those defensive skills and also build up some stealth. I want those defensive skills to lead the way up instead of the commonly rising attack skills that normally would lead the way. That alone is a great challenge which only makes any fight last much longer. Yet it's better than standing around jut emptying my exp pool with nothing in front of me. The innate skills I'm allowing to rise as well, no matter what they are.
    Right now I'm thinking that a 4 scull area will be quite challenging if not impossible to solo while fighting without evading. But eventually I will be forced to evade which may cause me to unlock those attack card skills and allow them to gain in 10 point intervals before becoming locked again.

"Above all, the rogue must be tough in survivability"
    [​IMG]
    "or become a burden of resurrection to the group"

I generally keep only around 2000-5000 in my exp pool while allowing other skills to rise beyond the swards.
    it may be really stupid to do all this, but it is challenging :D~TL~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.