Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Serpent Spine mines, beautiful but.....

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Anvar, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almar

Almar Avatar

I just fell through solid rock on the ground floor of the mine to my death :( I can see an ankh above me..... a few hundred feet above me.

I think I fell out of the entire instance.

2. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Yes it's a universal problem. When I'm clearing 5 skull areas and still getting rusty swords and 6k/Gold an hour is considered good (and the best farm I know of is 3-4 skulls) something is very wrong.

Plus it's all a grind. There is no hour long dungeon crawl to get the chest with 5k of value and maybe something useful to look forward to. And most of the dungeons are tuned for full groups if the mobs are yellow to you at al70+.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the room at the bottom of the elevators with all the fire traps? that's not where the lich is.

4. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Actually, it is. A Lich mage/archer and 3 or 4 arch mages (sometimes an archer or fighter). There are actually two rooms with fire traps. The bottom one with the Lich, and the one above it that leads to Equitas passage. (the equitas passage entrance is also the one with the door that requires stepping on a pressure plate).

Is this the one you are talking about?[​IMG]

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that why i specified at the bottom of the elevators. what you're showing is well below the lowest elevator.

Alexander likes this.
  6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

So, you are talking about the room that leads to Equitas passage then. Sorry for the confusion.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Love the mine, but damn that flood water turned on is deafening... I have to mute my sound just to be able to think.. I think they should adjust it downward a bit. Or maybe have it fall off in volume after the initial flood comes down?

uhop likes this.
  8. WrittenLore

WrittenLore Avatar

I'm a new player to these types of games but when I entered serpent spine mine and went down the elevator I couldn't figure out how to get back up to the entrance? I guess it would've just been easier to logout and go to the overland map but I thought maybe there would be some wooden ladders near the wooden tracks/scaffolding closer to the main elevator on the first level.

Ancev likes this.
  9. Maltese

Maltese Avatar

A mine isn't a dungeon. A good place to visit once for the Dungeon Crawl experience but too much of pain in the ass to grab an ore node (if you manage to find one). My idea of "mine" isn't the same as Portalarium. A lich and his gang guarding Iron? Really?

Hazard, Widsith [MGT] and uhop like this.
  10. Lomyr Edain

Lomyr Edain Avatar

anyone know how to open the switch operated door where there is a skeleton and a floor that shoots fireballs at you when you walk on it?

Nog likes this.
  11. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Used to go to the mines. Been there maybe twice since the changes. Doubt I will go there again. Not worth it. Once they get all the mines reworked wont have any place to go. Not that is worth the effort.

12. Almar

Almar Avatar

Okay. You guys need to look at this mine. Yet again I fell through the world. This time an explosive keg was detonated beside me. The rock face fell and so did I.

Through the map.

This is now my most common death in this area - nothing to do with mobs or bad play style. Just bad mapping.

13. Malkhelm

Malkhelm Avatar

well, pretty much everything i wanted to gripe about has been mentioned.... all in all, nice place to visit but i wouldn't want to mine there and i probably never will again. it's a beautiful scene and i love the design, i'm all for more dungeons and monsters and insane mine cart rides but Indy and Short Round couldn't even make a living mining nodes down there. 'fortune and glory' is nice for the weekend adventure but a majority of my playing time is being a blue collar miner and my toon probably has the black lunge from the amount of time i've spent in verdantis and elysium recently for fear of what changes you guys have in store for them. i am glad that all the mines won't be clones of graff anymore but i still want them to be viable mines.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Gamician, uhop and FrostII like this.
  14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I have no idea what Port has in mind for the rest of the mines, but if Serpent's Spine Mines is the new example of what to expect for ore yields - then there will have to be a SERIOUS reduction of ore required in all recipes that call for ore.
    As it is at this moment there simply will NOT be sufficient Iron ore for the current recipes at any REASONABLE time investment.
    What on earth are you thinking, Port ?

15. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

That's a good question. Has a plan been submitted by the Devs of what will be happening? What the future of mining will morph into?

As a GM Miner, I'm curious. Perhaps I should be spending my time doing something else as mining becomes less profitable. I've already started pushing my crafting and enchanting up. Figured I might need another job since mining looks to be going the way of the buggy whip :D

16. uhop

uhop Avatar

If mining goes down: a) less mats are available to mine or to buy, b) prices of mats go up, c) demand goes down in reverse to prices. It all means a simple thing: less demand for related areas (processing of mats), specifically crafting and enchanting. I am not saying that crafting and enchanting would be unsustainable endeavors, so far they were not even profitable, let alone enough to sustain an avatar.

Are you seeing something I am not? I am curious to learn your thoughts on the matter.

17. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Yes.

It's already grinding to the extreme for miners to get enough ore to provide crafters what they need to make anything. When it takes 4 or 5 times the effort to get what's needed, how much work do you see crafters doing when they have to wait days or even weeks to get enough material? It might be profitable, if you can get the mats that is.

Currently, I have people talking to me and asking if I could mine for them. I'll pull down a thousand or two in a few days. But I don't forsee that happening in the future.

Why?

Because my time is worth something. Plus we seem to be forgetting a basic fact here.

I'm here to play a freaking video game. If I wanted another job. I'll send my resume to the head hunters instead :)

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.