Request: Updated PvP Roadmap with kickstarter promises listed

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Darlok Brimstone, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

A humble request for an updated PvP Roadmap listing Portalariums vision for PvP at launch. Specifically the teams vision for guild wars and "meaningful PvP" as stated in the kickstarter. In addition can we get a progress update on the kickstarter stretch goals and an updated checklist of what has been achieved and what is in progress to achieve these kickstarter goals due at launch. Thank you. @DarkStarr , @Chris , @Lord British

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0

[​IMG]

2. Creb Darkenie

Creb Darkenie Avatar

Agreeing I am, wanted by me also.

Dhanan, Cream2, Arc and 3 others like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I would put the odds of this happening at about 35-1.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I demand the roadmap for city center theater building as it is listed at 1.9M milestone! I demand all the details on how people will be allowed or blocked from the stage and also how people will be charged for attending the plays.

J/k Y'all should ask this question for the upcoming post mortem.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Been requested a few times already in numerous threads.

+1 hope they can take the time. ( And its been asked NUMEROUS times in the post mortems, and ends up being vague answers )

7. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Come on Port, throw us a bone.

8. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I can answer that for you.
    Kickstarter promises will be fulfilled by launch.
    If it's not on the quarterly roadmap, then it hasn't been scheduled.
    If it hasn't been scheduled then it hasn't been designed in detail.

9. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

That is sad. I just want to know what their plans are. There is no mention of pvp at all in the current quarter roadmap. There is pvp area but that is world building not pvp. I hope they have some sort of plan.

MrBlight, Grumpy and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  10. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This is such a subjective statement. It is not fair to ask for an update of this, as in truth, just think about it, PvP is meaningful within it's own confines. That you or anyone else don't like it's current state doesn't mean it's not meaningful. It's just not meaningful to a group of people.

That being said, I do agree it would be nice to see some of the mechanics you mentioned be in the game as it would make PvP more "meaningful", particularly to that group of people demanding this.

And we should all bear in mind, we are but participants in this journey (i.e., you ain't a shareholder). Demanding things is not really within our rights.

11. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

Thank you for your reply. I do want to point out before it goes into a misleading statement you made. First of all the "Meaningful PvP" is a direct quote from the kickstarter, so I think its an ok question to ask. Secondly I would politely ask you to find anywhere in my post where I am demanding anything. I "humbly requested, asked please and said thank you. At no point did I demand anything. In addition, I am an individual and not part of any group, so please do not place me in one. I alone want what I want.

12. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I did make generalizations, so sorry to get you all tangled up.

What you have done is to ask for things very politely which have already been asked for. I lump you in the entire group of people that want meaningful PvP - it's not a disparagement. I get that it's a lifestyle people live, and I do not begrudge you or anyone for that. Take for example the recent exit of Vallo (sic?). He basically asked for the same things at least in terms of guild war mechanics, etc.

And we do not know what "meaningful" means to Portalarium. They could BS us and say, yep, this is what we had in mind when we said "meaningful". It is subjective. Additionally, they could be planning to put in those same exact mechanics you request. But then there is a chance that you (and others) will not think it to be "meaningful". Hence, it is, again, subjective.

To go one step further, you've reiterated ideas previously discussed. So why not, for example, start a [Wishlist] thread and put down those mechanics you mentioned. Maybe Port will see it and if it gets a lot of traction they will respond?

I totally agree the mechanics you mentioned should be in Ep. 1.

13. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

Thank you again for the nice reply. Yes I could go and make another thread I suppose. I am waiting for the questions to be able to be submitted as someone above stated I should do for the next hangout. I also tagged the devs in this thread so they should see this and read it. It would be nice to get some kind of notice that they have seen it or acknowledge it when they do, even if it is them saying they are still working on it and cannot specify yet.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  14. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

What @Mugly Wumple said earlier is likely the best answer you will receive.

15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Im just glad the question is asked. If the devs choose to ignore it that is their perogative.

Grumpy and Arc like this.
  16. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

True, but we dont like to be blindfolded. We like answers

Grumpy and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

With that logic combat isn't PvP. Looting isn't PvP. Crafting isn't PvP. Traveling isn't PvP. ETC.

Sounds more like you want them to say they are committing XX:XX amount of time to PvP when that's not really how things work.

Maybe stating what it is you are expecting to see happen with PvP would be more effective.

18. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

I guess I do not follow what you mean. I really am struggling on why people are so upset on me asking for clarification of things. Stating what I want is not the intent of this thread, but instead trying to get the devs to explain what they are wanting and what their vision is. In these forums to state what you want gets you flogged and treated like a troglodyte so I reserve my ideas and will give my opinion on what they suggest instead. Please do not read more into this thread or presume there is more to my intent. I just want to know what their plans are. Pretty simple.

MrBlight, Grumpy and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  19. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

I think they hope we forget about this list..

20. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

what ever happened to seasonal weather.....
    rain, and fog is not season.......... the tree's are always in the same season....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.