Request: Updated PvP Roadmap with kickstarter promises listed

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Darlok Brimstone, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

PvP ? Mouahahahaha ..............

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There is no "upset" my post was a nudge in a direction I believe would be more helpful for you. If the devs show that they are working on PvP it will be in the same format as the world building you discounted.

If that's not enough for you then you probably should state your expectations.

But let me frame it out for you. Open PvP is finished. It's the easiest part of PvP to add to a game. You flag, you PvP, you win some you lose some. Now, if they decide to change some abilities around PvP can be altered greatly. They are not going to say they are working on PvP. They will say they are working on combat.
    That PvP zone you called world building. What if they have only 1 res point and 1 zone entry/exit point. Huge impact on PvP isn't it?

If we want something beyond Open PvP then it will come in the form of a zone. That or guild/faction wars.

If you look at the timeline. Odds are there are plenty of things being done that will alter how PvP feels even though the devs didn't label it as a PvP change. If you have some kind of feature you are hoping to see or some change you believe is needed. State it then maybe you can get some feedback.

Darlok Brimstone likes this.
  3. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

Thank you for your clarification, and I apologize if I came across rude. I am trying to stay on topic and there has been several suggestions that imply I am demanding things and part of some group of people. I just want to stay on topic. I understand what you are saying and the what you mean by how zones can be affected by how many entrances and such. Again, that is not the topic of the thread. The topic is simply to give us an updated roadmap for pvp. I know you want to go into greater detail but that can be in a different thread, as this one would spin into several different tangents quickly. All I want is for them to revisit what has been said in the kickstarter and list off the goals stated there and how they have achieved them or are going about achieving them. Not what I want or what I might expect, but what and how they are doing it. I hope you understand this is not about me, I just want to understand. I do think you have some valid points for discussion and will be glad to talk about them, but not in this thread please. If you can list the things that you feel port has achieved as far as the stretch goals or what you might suggest what they mean by "meaningful pvp" then by all means I would like to hear your ideas. I mean no ill will by saying this sir, and I respect you and your posts in the past.

4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I can appreciate wanting to stay on topic and not delving into details of all kinds of PvP. However, without specifics no one can comment at all. Even if it's as simple as "when will they be adding guild/faction wars"? Or, as you have already mentioned, meaningful PvP.

IMO Meaningful PvP is completely dependent on the Moral System. If they had a timeline showing them working on the moral system would you consider that PvP?

Hopefully that better illiterates what I am pointing out. Because if you had something specific you were looking for PvP wise I am betting someone can show where they have worked on it. Even though the timeline doesn't specifically show the PvP impact.

5. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

I've been asking for an informative answer to the future of meaningful PvP in SotA for years now. The responses have been ambiguous at best.

My only positive speculation in Portalarium's secretive attitude concerning PvP is that they do have plans, but don't wish to comment on them at this time. That being said, they could at least tell us that. Confirm something; Anything!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And my thought is they don't have definite plans for many things. At this point they implement and we tell them if is fun, good enough, bad too large, etc, if not they change and change again. There is not an easy answer and no they should not be asked to go through all the hoops to provide answers.

At telethons and hangouts the devs try to answer our questions to the best of their knowledge at the time. That is a good time to try to get some answers.

What happens to systems or features is that after implantation of some system or feature it is not always known what affect one thing will cause to another. So that can affect outcomes and cause more work/time or change of direction.

Not liking that the game is being made like this does nothing. It is being made like this and there are negative and positives to that fact depending on the person, incident, or whatever. Anyway my take on it from being here for years;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.