Hire a boat in Harvest

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Putzaroo, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Putzaroo

Putzaroo Avatar

Any hints on getting the ferryman to advance. He says I am unprepared, tells me about wearing yellow..apparently wearing yellow armor does not satisfy this requirement.

Thank you in advance.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. technipuffin

technipuffin Avatar

I struggled with this too and ended up just clicking the boat and going strait to Grannus. I was able to continue from there. So now, the Find Someone in Harvest to Ferry You... part of the quest seems stuck in my journal. Not sure if it will disappear after I've finished the whole quest or if it's forever stuck.

3. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Yellow?......

Rumor has it yellow frightens kobalds?

I read something like that anyway.

4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You have to actually purchase passage from the ferryman from Harvest to Estgard to clear that stage of the quest. Just going to Estgard via the overworld will not work.

5. Putzaroo

Putzaroo Avatar

yes I realize that.. my issue is the actual purchasing of the passage. He just tells me I am unprepared.

6. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

In light of the confusion, may I suggest that if a player has the quest, the overland boat to Estgard be restricted until the quest is cleared, this would force the player to look in harvest for passage and save any issues of the quest being skipped over, which leads to a portion of the quest being stuck unsolved in the journal!

7. Bink

Bink Avatar

I have talked to Khary, the Ferryman in Harvest and told him I'm on "official business".
    But he don't give me passage. I'm wearing a yellow chest armour, because ho told me I have to wear somthing yellow.
    He ask me: "what business do you have in Norgard?"
    I think I need a little hint, what to answer him.

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Just take the boat. :) it will be fine this bit of quest seems borked

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

i must admit I didnt do the overload boat, but in the end I just caught the boat.. and all was fine. or at least it seems fine. But the ferry guy wouldnt take me for love nor money

10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Is this quest hooked up? I noticed the mention that yellow dyed armor did not seem to help? The ferryman is stonewalling me with the you do not seem to be prepared business. I mean... I am carrying a coconut, but he doesn't know that!

11. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

With the current live build, talking to the Ferryman's "are you prepared" question, that is triggered when you ask him about "offficial business" now suggests plausible answers.

12. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Can I just add.. the ferry to Xenos from Etceter for the Artifice/ Dagger quest has a similar confusing dynamic.

During my quest I took the overworld map ferry to Xenos and bumped heads with the quest progressing npc in Xenor for quite a while. I did this until a kind soul reminded me i had to actually engage with the ferry service npc in Etceter to go to Xenos to actually get the Xenos npc to engage with me...why?

I mention this in this thread as it frustrated me that the game allowed me to jump on a ferry from Etceter to Xenos and effectively stall my quest simply because i didn't use the ferry the 'right' way.

As @GoldDraco72 says above, maybe for quest critical ferry journeys, there should be some kind of hint or restriction? I can already see the problems that may occur with that :)

.... BUT.. why have an npc initiated ferry journey as a quest stage progressor when the overworld map allows you to take the journey anyway and the ferry trip isn't really integral to the quest?

13. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

What's the solution to this? I go in conversational circles with Khary. I've even typed "I am to deliver Brigid's Amulet of Testimony to Grannus", to no effect, when asked what official business I have. I've even dyed my brown top hat yellow and worn it when talking to Khary, taking "it's on your head" is a hint. I haven't tried dying a red sash yellow, yet. That's my next thought.

14. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Didnt for me, or at least, it didnt seem to make him more interested..

15. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm sorry but i don't think the dialogue does work, at least not in my circumstance nor, by the sound of it for others. I believe this requires another look.

In fact I think along with most of the other text in my 'current tasks' quest log, I have bypassed and completed later steps of this quest and now this log, in terms of uncompleted quests is a complete confusing mess..

Tamsen and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  16. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

The dialogue is not working.

Tamsen and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  17. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

we are going around in circles not getting anywhere at all whether I click the highlighted words or I type the words out or if Ik ask questions. Only a big circle.

18. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Fortunately, you don't need to actually hire the boat to continue the story line. I just hopped on the boat at the docks in town and continued on to the end of the story.

19. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Just to chime in, official business still provides no new conversation points. Just an open ended 'hope you know what goes here' sadface. Skipped and moved on!

20. 3devious

3devious Avatar

This thread is a perfect example of why I will be on a quest to kill every NPC in this game.

matsutaki, Tamsen, Botherbug and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.