Fionwyn's Cookbook - Updated 5/16/2017

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I know other people are working on ways to keep track of cooking, but I wanted to add my spreadsheet here.

I need to know the costs/yields for any and all things related to cooking - not only to make a more informed choice of which food is more economical to cook or which ingredients are better to buy, but also which foods yield the same stats and how better to price the food. I may not get all the numbers, but the spreadsheet is helping me keep track of the information I find important and provide a decent overview as opposed to *guessing*. :)

It is far from complete, but I'll be updating it as I add more recipes and the stats. I suck at making spreadsheets so no roasting me over a spit over how I have it set up :p. I'm sharing it so that anyone who is interested can see the data themselves. Right now the recipes are mostly based on the costs to purchase ingredients from a vendor - the exception being meat. Eventually a farming section will be added to see if the cost to grow produce has any impact in lowering cooking costs. Stats are being slowly added...there may be typos...I may have missed things...ETC. So be gentle:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zuJPmNiYP1B_KZa4EEA0zYmaFPEZEjvpt_I2Bojg3kk/edit?usp=sharing

***Observations***

1. One thing I would be remiss in saying is that when I calculate food costs, I don't factor in meat except oyster meat. I don't factor in eggs, because you get eggs from chickens. The problem with this approach, as I was told tonight 5/15, is that killing things outside an adventure zone causes a drop to your virtue at some point. I don't know which virtue or if it's even true, but tracking that statistic is not the purpose of my cookbook. :)

So if you choose to harvest chicken, pigs, cows, ducks and squirrels for the free meat, eggs and pecans and you do it in NPC towns, you do so at your own risk.

2. As with any crafting skill, it can be slow going in the beginning, especially if you have no group that can supply you with crafting mats. The REAL killers, ie, the most expensive things to cook are the cooking components which go into nearly every recipe. You can see the costs on the spreadsheet. The worst is a Jar of Vinegar which costs 49g to make!

3. Sugar Cookies are a waste of ingredients IMHO. They cost over 5g to make, only provide 3 FPS/.8 CFPS and last a whole MINUTE! This is actually a problem with most 2-stat foods in that they don't last very long. (Focus and health foods can be stacked together which is nice, but 4-stat foods are available and last longer.) In any case, the only thing that would make Sugar Cookies worth cooking is if you could put them on a plate as a decoration.

4. How to figure pricing (my thoughts anyway):

a) Cost of ingredients
    b) Difficulty to obtain ingredients
    c) Rarity of ingredients
    d) Buff stats
    e) Duration of buffs
    f) Pricing by others

---> Other things may come into play, but the above are the things I'll be going by :)

5. Any two *different* foods can be stacked together. Thanks to Dr. Wiz and Robros Reh for the info!

***Updates***

--5/12/2017 - Added foods and stats.
    --5/16/2017 - Added remaining food, Graff Island and Port Graff locations, 2-Stat and 4-Stat tabs, cleaned up some typos. Started on the farming section. Thanks to Lained for this link:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/seeds.85699/#post-788101
    --5/23/2017 - Completely revamped the spreadsheet. Added some missing recipes, added more vendor locations, added pricing averages to each recipe based on food vendors I have located across Novia, and added recipe tabs based on the number/types of buffs given.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Dabs, Xithar, thradia and 23 others like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi Fionwyn,

Any chance of you making these information into in-game books? I'll certainly buy them. Makes cookery easier for dummies like me.

Self discoverable recipes will surely be helpful to players wanting to try out cooking, without spending on expensive recipes.

Nick

3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I can try to synthesize the information at some point. It's a good idea. I'll have to see how much info fits in one book!

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  4. Nick

Nick Avatar

I'd hope it'd be a series, with each book on specific subject. Easier on the eyes. :p

Hope to see it soon. And hope @Vyrin picks it up to be sold Novia-wide.

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG] :D!'

Elgarion, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Nick like this.
  6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I've updated the *cookbook* with more updates coming in the future!

Elgarion, Nick and Time Lord like this.
  7. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

One thing I would be remiss in saying is that when I calculate food costs, I don't factor in meat except oyster meat. I don't factor in eggs, because you get eggs from chickens. The problem with this approach, as I was told tonight, is that killing things outside an adventure zone causes a drop to your virtue at some point. I don't know which virtue or if it's even true, but that is not the purpose of my cookbook. :)

So if you choose to harvest chicken, pigs, cows, ducks and squirrels for the free meat and pecans in towns, you do so at your own risk.

More notes and observations to come as well as more updates!

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Another round of updates to the spreadsheet, plus my personal observations on this thread.

Elgarion, Time Lord and Rinaldi like this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

10. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Elgarion, Time Lord and Lained like this.
  11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Updated once again!

--5/23/2017 - Completely revamped the spreadsheet. Added some missing recipes, added more vendor locations, added pricing averages to each recipe based on food vendors I have located across Novia, and added recipe tabs based on the number/types of buffs given.

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG] :)!'

Elgarion and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  13. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

That's an impressive write-up and the spreadsheet is... wow! At first, I just saw the first tab of the spreadsheet, and just before I closed it I realized there was a dozen or so more tabs to peruse with super helpful data for any cook and even for gardeners. Great job!

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
  14. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thanks Elgarion!

BTW - I haven't given up having a movie studio. One of these days I will turn my attention back to that :)

Elgarion and Time Lord like this.
  15. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hahaa cool deal Fiowyn--the custom interface page and access are still at RPOTA if ever you need it ;)

Time Lord and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  16. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Here are some screenshots from Etceter vendors for more cooking supplies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

Wow, the amount of work you put into this really does show! It's AWESOME!

18. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thank you!

Time Lord likes this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

What would be really cool is if we made up a cookbook and it could be implemented to replace recipes that were so out there. Like getting the recipe name correct and doing a 'replace' in the code of the game. At least we could get some bad recipes improved and we do have a lot of them that could use tweaking. ;) Thanks Fionwyn all your work is fantastic.

20. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.