Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Wood Pulp from Wood Scrap

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Moussaka, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

Dear Devs

Can you please revisit Crafting Wood Pulp from Wood Scrap?

I think this needs to be adjusted the way one can craft 3-5 items at once. Crafting this particular item one by one feels as exciting as watching a lava lamp video in slow motion.... z Z z Z z Z z.... ;)

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

3. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

I'm not asking for noobifiying everything. Just this particular "old" item seems not to fit the "newer" recipes.

I can craft 3 Potions at a time, why not 3 Wood Pulps at a time?

Elwyn and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Thank you for clarifying. good point!

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

*A soft voice can be heard whispering over the wind through the branches*
    Pulp from books... Pulp from books...
    *Was it just your imagination, or was that voice trying to tell you something? Who knows.*

This release they added the feature to salvage books. When you do you (usually) get 1 pulp.

When you do the scrap>pulp recipe, you can do 20 at a time, while when salvaging you can do 15 at a time.
    However to salvage 1 book takes less than half the time than scrap>pulp, so if you can keep those picks of 15 coming then it is much much faster getting pulp from books than it is to craft them.

Which is a bit silly, so I fully agree that there should be a 5 scraps > 5 pulp recipe or something.

Also note that if you don't want to be a thief that you can buy Blank Books for 2g each.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That's funny, because it does seem to be the general consensus that crafting is its own reward, and thus should be as boring as it can possibly be.

Imagine if they did combat like that, instead of trying to figure out ways to improve it? We'd be back on R32 combat still.

Combat is fun until you make it a grind. Crafting is a grind until you make it fun by alt tabbing over to Netflix or Civilization.

kaeshiva likes this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I cant imagine *anyone* not asking to improve the grind of making wood pulp (for those of us who make a lot of books or scrolls). Sitting around for 30 minutes making 300 wood pulp is actually a little bit on the insanity side of things. Luckily I will do it on an alt while I play my main, If I only had 1 account I would kill myself from the boredom and quit the game since that would take up 1/4 of my average play time for a week day.

FrostII and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

The easy button posting was a joke. Hence the winking smiling face.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  9. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

You're too good! Thanks :)

Spoon likes this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

As someone who has cranked out thousands of wood pulp from scrap and has gm'd milling in a futile effort to make it marginally faster., yes yes for the love of god yes, lets make this a bit more palatable.
    It takes about 2.5 minutes to do 20 passes. We could really use a "speed" ramp up on all refining based on the level you are in it. At GM, I think clearing 20 refines a minute is more than a reasonable ask. I actually think it should be a lot faster than that, if I'm honest. Making it use 5 scraps and make 5 pulp per "go" would be a big help, if refining speeds in general are not adjusted.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I would love a speed bump in all the crafting. Where's the fun in spending more hours doing technically nothing or even have to tab out and watch website news or whatever you want to do that isn't the game :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.