Pledge Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Killernurse, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killernurse

Killernurse Avatar

Hi all,

in March 2013, I participated at Kickstarter to support SotA. Now, more than four years (!) later I wonder not only when the game will finally be released (I know it will have a smooth release process), but also when I will finally receive all my Pledge Rewards! Besides digital goodies, my Pledge Reward also includes haptical (real-life) things that have to be send by the actual postal service. I even paid for international shipping 4 years ago ..... It would be great to receive an answer by some officials on their plans when they plan to send the boxes.

Best regards,
    Killernurse

Stahlknecht and Time Lord like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there Killernurse. Physical rewards won't go out until launch at least and that is undetermined when that will be. Right now in my opinion since some major changes to the game are happening I would not expect it until year end or sometime in 2018. If you are not playing the game then you may just be waiting for those rewards but know the development team is working as fast as they can to make a good game for us. *cheers to you*

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Retro, Stahlknecht and Time Lord like this.
  3. Killernurse

Killernurse Avatar

Thank you for your fast response.

majoria70, Stahlknecht and Time Lord like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh but of course and if I can help anytime, I am Majoria in the game :)

Stahlknecht and Time Lord like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Killernurse your digital pledge rewards are already claimable ingame.

Stahlknecht, Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Unless there was a more recent mention of it, I believe RG wants a release sometime around the end of summer. Nothing set in stone, however.

The best indication of physical rewards, in my opinion, will be when they show off the prototypes. That likely means that we're getting close, within a couple months. Though, these days printing in small batches is much easier so it might only need a couple weeks turnaround.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am grateful for the dedication to quality and willingness to accept risk and embrace significant change.

However, I am very concerned that the possibility of release is slipping away as the perfection milestones evade us like a desert mirage.

Salix, Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
  9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Maybe the end of summer '18. I can't imagine this game being done by then. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was released before the end of the year. But.. I'm not complaining. I'd rather them do it right then rush a game out that's not finished.

10. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I'm waiting for the decision that anything completed before Ep2 qualifies as Ep1 to loophole out of certain things being done by official release.

Mykll, Time Lord, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah but if I remember right that's not the first time something like that shows up there.
    Some more details would be great @Berek

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Whatelse73

Whatelse73 Avatar

Speaking of rewards, since I just created a new character and haven't played since last summer, I'm curious. If I end up deleting my current character, will I be able to re-claim any digital rewards on a new character? I pledged fairly high so I got a-lot of stuff and I'm just curious. I'm looking to be positive on this so I don't have to worry in case I make the change.

At the least, I seem to have pledge rewards that include bank space so I have plenty of that. lol

Time Lord likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes they are account bound so you will not lose them, and if you accumulated anything you can place that in the bank of your chosen location to save anything, and of course Welcome Back:)

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Whatelse73

Whatelse73 Avatar

Thanks! So basically, the 'bank' is persistent and never goes away? Good to know.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I have heard you can do this and I am no expert, perhaps if it matters to you and you have accumulated a lot then someone else can verify for us ;). I have not restarted my character since persistence.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Great to see you again @Killernurse :)~Time Lord~

I believe that it was by one of your long ago posts which lead our Portalarium to begin including lower priced content available through the add-on store.

It's ok that people who spend a lot of money get bigger houses and other stuff. But it bothers me and makes me sad to see that people who donate loads of money are getting more and more housing stuff and those who don't have the money are getting nothing in this way. I could only donate 165 $ (it's one tenth of my monthly salary (as a nurse in germany)) and now I'm wondering if I will ever get a big house or all the other fantastic stuff in the game without spending more money. I don't know anymore if I can really afford the game in the future. I mean, have you seen the prices in the online shop? They are insane if you ask me. It makes me really really sad to see that the gap between rich and poor is getting bigger - even in an online game :-( ... One of the major reasons I want to play this game is because I'm playing Ultima Online since 1999 - and in UO, I love the housing concept and the possibility to design and customize your own house. And I hope that SotA will be like this, just better ;)

Mykll, Tahru, Pikegirl and 1 other person like this.
  17. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is neither of those for the most part, it is for other shipping considerations. There are a couple of prizes we have to ship as well, but not the rewards yet. Those are for closer to launch. Sorry for the confusion there :(.

18. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I had someone ask me about my house and it made me kinda sad. They noted they had a taxed row home they bought from a player and remarked they would never have a keep deed nor a keep home and how jealous they were of me. I never bought what I did to make myself look any better or any different than anyone else.
    But I have never been the type of person who drives by someones home in real life and wished I had what they did. I always have made due and appreciated what i had. Even tho I have a keep deed, I have never walked by a castle and said "I wish I had that".
    At this point, I can see a lot of options,but they would be at the risk of pissing off the people who want their pledges to remain "holy ground". For all the talk of deeds,there is so much open land that it will take some time to fill. My opinion is that the shop could sell tax free deeds of various sizes and allow players to pay on them monthly,with the stipulation that if you didn't pay for it,you would lose your deed. This of course could have the option for Port. to waive payment for hardship cases (medical or job).
    But this of course will never be done because people will start screaming that the value of their "my precious" deed (see Lord of the Rings) will decrease in value.
    If someone wants to get a new pledge,more power to them. But I can already hear the arguments about the economy, about driving down the value of backer deeds..
    And this is why we may never see this done,backers worried about us,our, my stuff without considering what opening new tax free deeds could mean to the game and towns. No, the new deeds would not be the exact same,they would be different in some aspect,as in they could only be POT tax free deeds. This would bring a possible influx of folks who prefer to have non taxed housing and that would consider a payment plan to accomplish it.

[​IMG]

19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I actually think they continue what your saying here, with the bundles which have tax free deeds. Those can be bought on a payment plan where once it's paid for, then the player gains access to what they purchased. But I do see what you're saying here, about a way to (as in real life) if the purchase goes into default then the property is then back to the seller, in this case Portalarium.

Maybe there's some sort of compromise where the tax free (but not yet fully paid for) could incur a much lower tax base while the account payment remained current.
    I personally have 4 tax free deeds which I wanted to be able to pass down to my kids, as well as provide bases for future and current interests of mine within the game.

I never looked at anything of lots that others had and wanted any more than I have now, because I'm at a point of excess. I'm invited to live in prominent POTs that I have donated to or our-right purchased for them to manage and own for freedom of mobility. Thus far I helped The Bear Tavern, The New Britannia Theater Troupe as well as The Caverns, who I all have great confidence in always being welcomed within their domain. I've also purchased other properties and accounts with deeds for others I never met in real life and 2 of those sold them, but helped me with what I required back from them in service, of which I have no regrets at all. Our lives in reality all have unexpected twists and turns which can never be predicable. I've also received things which I value very highly because of why they were given to me, which I also do for others who are worthy of having them by their long displayed virtues and services to our community and game in general. If I had reserved all of that $ for only me, I guess I'd have around 2 POTs and a Duke's pledge or a much more wide spread of tax free properties, but that was never my plan, as this is an MMO and as such has allot more value to me within it's community rather than the I of me.

I don't hold others to my own standards, yet respect them for what they hold as truths from their view or vantage point. If this case it's the KillerNurse, who was first to breach the subject and brought more opinions and narratives for the considerations of those who haven't what others are advantaged to have, yet have a desire for more and search for ways our game could more accommodate it's public following. This is why I point out the virtue from an opinion which may or may not suite all who read it, but who all benefited from it having been boldly presented for conjecture. I honor such bold opinions very much, even though I may not agree with all that they see.

[​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Stahlknecht likes this.
  20. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Well the only options now are paying for the whole thing in full at purchase,allowing payments could ease folks into more home ownership.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.