Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Penalty for unclaiming a taxable lot?

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I was playing around in my PoT tonight and claimed a lot with a taxable city deed. I have sceptres and wanted to pay taxes with them.

I unclaimed the lot, moved the marker and when I reclaimed the lot, I got charged 3500g. I was a little surprised that it immediately charged the rent, but ok, no problem.

However, when I unclaimed the lot the second time, I got charged 4ooog. Is that right? You get charged for unclaiming a lot when you use a taxable deed? That seems weird.

Leelu, Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they don't want you to be able to place a lot for an event, unclaim it in less than a day, and not ever pay anything. i'm not surprised that it charged for each unclaiming but i am surprised it was 4000 the second time.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

The second charge was for - "you have a taxable city lot deed and I don't " fund. ;)

I don't really know the official answer.

4. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Ok, but I was *already* charged the 3500g tax for placing it. So fining 4000g after already paying the daily tax still seems weird. Thoughts on that?

Leelu, Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek:" Rip Off !" :confused:~TL~:p

[​IMG]

Leelu and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I think you also lose tax credit applied if you unclaim a lot

7. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I guess I need someone from Portalarium to chime in. I played around once with a taxable Row Lot deed and didn't pay attention. This being a city taxable deed, I did pay attention...lol. 3500g tax for one day is bad enough, but a penalty after paying that daily tax makes no sense.

@DarkStarr I hate to bother you, but here I go anyway:

I set a city taxable lot and removed it. I placed it a second time a few minutes later and got assessed the daily tax of 3500g so far so good. But when I unclaimed the lot the second time I got assessed a 4000g penalty. Is that expected and if it is expected, why? I was already charged the tax. Bottom line, my experiment cost 7500g. I'd like to know the reasoning behind assessing the penalty. Thanks!

***Edit for clarity - The difference between the first time I claimed the lot and the second time, is that the second time around I placed a house on the lot. Placing the house caused the tax to be assessed. Removing the house and unclaiming the lot caused the penalty to be assessed.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

You don't lose applied tax credits. Those get refunded to your tax pool. At least they did a couple releases ago and I've seen no updates to this functionality.

@Fionwyn Wyldemane - Is it possible you had a row deed somewhere that was owed tax on?

Claim the City Lot once, 3500 charged. Unclaim the lot, no charge. Claim the City lot again, 3500 charged.

You don't get charged for unclaiming a lot, BUT if you had taxes owing on the lot it may have deducted from your available pooled tax credit gold.

PS>You don't need to move or unclaim/reclaim a lot to use sceptres on it.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Leelu, Lexie, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  9. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Yup every time you place it charges you. I did this with a village, moved it easily a half dozen times until I realized it took gold each move :( As someone mentioned it is a mechanic so you can't place and use for a day without at least that days payment, so working as intended. Why your second draw was more is another issue however.

10. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Thanks all for the input. I have no other taxable deeds out so it's a mystery where the 4k came from. That said, you live and learn :p

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  11. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Fionwyn Wyldemane can you post a bug report in the bug section please?

As others have said, it was changed at one point to charge immediately to prevent 'squatters' but I'm also not sure why it would charge you again when unclaimed. That doesn't sound like back taxes or the sort.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.